" Great Blackfish Day "

galvin

g'day raiders...

what a day i just spent on the water with "huntingforjews".... i woke up this morning with that feeling you get when you no ya gana have a good day.. started about 10am off to mickys point in the georges, this spot has only produced once before hand but today was our day could not do a thing wrong downs left, right and centre they were on.. :thumbup:

after about 3hours of full on hot action ended up bagging 20 nice keepers... we would have landed easy 40 throw backs maybe more... wat a day... :banana::banana::banana:

hope everyone else had a great day!!!

cheers livebait!!

post-2163-1156663227_thumb.jpg

one of many "huntingforjews" catches

post-2163-1156747438_thumb.jpg

Edited by live bait!!

I'm green with envy Live Bait, I fished Kurnell groines for 2 hours not a bite, it was too rough on Sunday to fish the rocks so we went to the bridges. Eventually caught one small bream under Tom Ugly's, instead of the 60 odd fish you guys caught our total for the day was 2.

haha congratulations. might go down to the georges this weekend to have a go then. did you get the weed from there or bought it beforehand?

g'day M-L

it was just local weed, i dont like to bag the bait suppliers but the stuff they get is rubbish sometimes.. fresh is better anyway...

cheers livebait!!

Well done guys,

Anyone would be happy with that result.

It gets ya all excited to get out there and chase some fish. I've got blackfish gear that dates back to Dad's old man, gonna have to give it a shot soon.

Cheers Jed.

Well done guys,

Anyone would be happy with that result.

It gets ya all excited to get out there and chase some fish. I've got blackfish gear that dates back to Dad's old man, gonna have to give it a shot soon.

Cheers Jed.

im with you jed i use my grandpas old rod must be 50+ yrs old and its a gem.. its got different runners here and there been repaired about a thousand times looks like junk to my mates but i would not trade it for the world.. its good to see that grandpa was catchin niggas back then and im now with the same rod.. PRICELESS!!

cheers livebait!!

Very nice brace of blackfish, sounds as though you had an exceptional session. How good is that, to wake up and you just know your going to have a great day and such a sensible hour to start fishing a 10.00. None of this up a 4.00 am stuff. Well done!!!!!!

I have never eaten blackfish, are they a good table fish and because they are vegatarian largely do they have a strong or distinct flavour?

Cheers

Martin

Very nice brace of blackfish, sounds as though you had an exceptional session. How good is that, to wake up and you just know your going to have a great day and such a sensible hour to start fishing a 10.00. None of this up a 4.00 am stuff. Well done!!!!!!

I have never eaten blackfish, are they a good table fish and because they are vegatarian largely do they have a strong or distinct flavour?

Cheers

Martin

g'day martin

mate they have a distinct taste hard to say what they taste like but if you enjoy your bread and butter fish like flatty and bream you will enjoy the taste.. only thing is bleed them if you dont it can leave a bitter taste in the flesh.. overall i rate them up there as one of my favourites...

cheers livebait!! :1fishing1: