Whats Behind Your Boats Name

Martin

HI Raider

I have been fishing for dolphin fish since the early 80's, funny how times have changed, then we use to be the only ones out there off Wollongong at the traps fishing them!! So that explains why my boat is called Dorado 2. One was sold 3 years ago.

Cheers

HI Raider

I have been fishing for dolphin fish since the early 80's, funny how times have changed, then we use to be the only ones out there off Wollongong at the traps fishing them!! So that explains why my boat is called Dorado 2. One was sold 3 years ago.

Cheers

I bet you are happy about the Dolphin fish logo on the stickers Joe :yahoo: Will suit you right down to the ground .

Cheers Stewy

• 3 months later...

We are still tossing around a few ideas for a name. It's a savage Ranger so the LONE RANGER crossed my mind.

When we registered it we used husbands initials and my name GHDLYN. Easy to remember.

Can anyone suggest the best place to get the name put on. (Penrith area would be good)

Should we have it painted on or just use stickers???

Our motor was christened Black Betty by my niece.

Whoa, black betty (bam-ba-lam)

Black betty had a child (bam-ba-lam)

. :yahoo:

Guest johblow

I refer to mine as "The Angus Young". When i first bought it a mate suggested i call it 'HMAS Shitscared' but that never stuck. I just love Angus too much! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is known as Olá.

Which is Portugues for hello. I was in Portugal last year and my friend Filipe would exclaim Olá! every time he saw a beautiful woman. Olá! became something everyone would say when they saw something cool.

So when I showed up with the new boat the Mrs yelled out Olá! in approval, and it stuck!

Cheers.

Robbie.

mine is Barely legal cause thats all i catch!

plus its a good mag and movie series :1prop:

the name does attract attention from fisheries but its ok cause the fish are Barely legal

if you see me on the water come say hi its a 4.2 m stessco tinnie with a blue canopy

Edited by CaineS

I have a ski boat which is yellow. Not very happy, but it came called "Lemon Charged"

In line with the first post, I'd like to call it "A Meeting" then when some one calls the office they could say he can't come to the phone he is in .....................

The next boat could be "A Meeting Two" then if they ask for someone else they can be in a meeting too

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Yes.

You cannot change the name a vessel unless you go through a process. Superstition has it that you must pray to the sea gods (and there are several) and have the name stricken from the deep sea register. If she is a power boat you will have bad luck until she is run aground three times (and i don't think you can deliberately run aground).

Davo

Some cool names there.

Loved "A Meeting"!

Our boat is / was called "Fanta Pants" :1prop:

It was originally my dad's boat we had when I was a kid, he never named her. She is faded red hull (Read orange) & as some of you may know Aussie nick name for a red headed woman is (Amoung others) "Fanta Pants" due to the fact that red heads are same colour below deck. So Fanta Pants was born. We actually christened her with a bottle of Fanta! (at her re-launch after several years parked in my dad's shed)

Unfortunatley she has suffered a heart attack & the big noisy thing on the back no longer makes any noise :ranting2:

Maybe one day soon I'll get another motor & catch a few of ya's out on the water.

Our boats named double trouble, we bought it like that and it perfectly represents me and dad.

Sorry mate i have to say this---(whats under your boats name) well theres paint, gelcoat and fibreglass matting and a few other bits and peices.

cheers james

My boat's name is

"My Other Bi%ch"

I just have to get the stickers made up

Not sure if the :wife: will still come out on it once they are on! :074: