Flathead Social

Flightmanager

The Flathead Social and End of Year Raiders Christmas Party is being held 3rd December, chasing Flathead in Botany Bay.

This social is for both landbased and boat fisherpersons, starting early in the morning, fish through until after lunch, then have a BBQ and weigh in. There will be lots of prizes and lots of fun. Even if you are not inclined to fish come along and meet all the raiders. Everyone is most welcome to come and join us, including the :wife: 's and dirt magnets (kids). New members and their families most welcome.

If you are interested in attending , CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE DETAILS

Ross

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your names have been added to the list , look forward to catching up with you on the 3rd!

If anyone has a spot on their boat available , could you let us know , so we can try to get these guys a decky position?

Also , this is not a boat only event , there is a landbased option as well !

Ross

Just a thought, if there ends up being a prize for biggest flattie what will the guidelines be?

I know like myself many have a problem with killing the big breeders so will a pic with measure be accepted if it's verified by another raider.

Not trying to be contriversal but thought better to ask now than have arguments on the day.

Hi Raiders

Flightmanager has chosen a top loco and species for this one :thumbup: . I will be there and deckie to be confirmed

The winning angler will get one of my KR SP MAX L76 soft plastics rod.This one is IM7 graphite, 7'6" and 2pc, camo grips and solid Titanium guide frames and $280 retail

RULES

The minimum length to be presented for measuring is 45cm and maximum length as per NSW fisheries rules. Fish can be measured dead or alive. They can be presented either at the weigh in or during the day to one of the mods or myself. There has to be a minimum of 30 registered attendees for the prize to be available

The BBQ loco is perfect. There is a nice ramp there, plenty of trailer parking, lot of sand at all stages of the tide to beach your boat and a big park with toilets.

Guest BBM Rick

I will be there for this one, as it is MY BIRTHDAY on the 3rd!! Happy to deckie or I will be LB, it doesnt really bother me though, I havent been out in an age, and I dont see an opening in my schedule till then anyway. What a Birthday prezzie that SP Max will make.....

BBM Rick.

I would like to organise a Social for the first Sunday in December ( that would be the 3rd) , chasing Flathead in Botany Bay. This social is for both landbased and boat fisherpersons , probably start early in the morning , fish through until after lunch , then have a BBQ and weigh in at Kurnell beach ( next to the oil wharf) .

Everyone is most welcome to come and join us , including the :wife: 's and dirt magnets ( kids). If you are interested in attending , please post here , and we will get the ball rolling!

Ross

count me in too, going boat based got a few secret spots, domza has seen the pictures.

cheers james

OK guys ( and gals!) , I have added your names to the list , this post has been up less than 24 hours , and we have 18 attendees already !!

Many thanks to Saqa for once again giving us something to strive for , a custom made rod !! :yahoo:

As Saqa mentioned in his post , minimum length is 45cm .

For those going out in boats , please ensure you have all of the required safety gear onboard , as Maritime have stepped up their random inspections , as have Fisheries , so make sure everyone fishing has a licence if required .

Anyone with a spare spot on their boat , we have a few people willing to act as deckies , could you please advise us of room on your boat , so that we can get as many people on the water as we possibly can.

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager