Flathead Social

Flightmanager

G'day Raiders ,

Thanks to the generosity of Sean and Claudia from WATTOS , we will be awarding a prize for the lady who catches the longest fish of any species !!

Image033Medium.jpg

This is a really great prize , in the one bucket you get a seat , rod holder , stubby holder , tool pouch , knife , pliers , foam cooler , live bait basket and aerator , as well as a bait cutting board !! All in one compact package!!

WATTOS have also contributed a special surprise for our junior anglers ( under 12 ) , but you will have to wait until the day to find out what it is !!!

I would like to thank Sean and Claudia for their generosity , please remember them when you next need tackle or bait out west !!

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger! I'll be in Melbourne that weekend! :1badmood:

It will be an unreal Social by the looks of it. :thumbup:

How good are our sponsors?! :yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks to King Rods, FishFinder & Wattos for getting right behind this event. It's fantastic for you guys to supply such great prizes.

Cheers,

Grant.

ok...

so this social is shaping up to be rather large and has some rather excellent prizes up for grabs

it is for these reasons that i have told a few obligations where they can go and shove it.

so i shall now be attending in full flatty attack mode as #1 deckie on Sammy0884's rig

Ross,

please add Sammy0884 (boater) & crazedfisherdude (deckie) to the social

BRING IT ON!

CFD

:yahoo: That's the spirit!!! See you there, mate! :thumbup:

Flattieman.

myself and mrsoutnumbered will try our best to be there. we wont know until closer to the day if the daughters will be with us or not.

we will be in the boat but are more interested in the social side than the fishing.

we would like invite landbased fisho's out on our boat for a fish, depending on how many there are we can fish with a different person on board for an hour or so each throughout the day to try to get as many people that would like to get out on the water as possible.

Thanks for the kind offer Brian , people like yourself are the oil which keeps the machinery of Fishraider running smoothly!! No great hurry to confirm , I always allow a "little bit extra" for this kind of thing , so anyone who wont know until the last minute , dont worry , you will be made welcome!!

Thanks also to Dave from SeaTow , a free years membership is a most generous prize , and I would expect highly sought after!! I will advise what will be necessary to win this prize sometime this week!

I think it is only fitting that I list all of the sponsors who have so generously donated items for this social , and once again urge you to support them , they have shown their support for us , now , we shall do the same for them!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS OF THE FLATHEAD SOCIAL

King Rods

SeaTow

Wattos FIshing Tackle

Fishfinder Bait and Tackle

Just click on the sponsors name to visit their website !

Ross

You and Miccysacca are added John , but remember that only registered Fishraider members (and their children 12 years old and under ) are eligible for the prizes.

Your response to this event has been wonderful , we are well on our way to 50 people , its going to be a big day , so if you havent joined us yet , still plenty of time , you dont want to miss this one !!

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager

OFFICIAL RULE Coming up:

ANY species of flathead is eligible for the King Rods prize. The longest fish ( from mouth to tail) will be declared the winner. The fish must be sighted and measured by a moderator/ administrator , and one independant witness. Any legal catch will be considered , but we would prefer that the minimum size for this event be 45cm. ( send the little ones back to grow into rod winners for next time !!)

Fish that are still frozen , or wrapped in newspaper will be ineligible ! :1prop:

We will provide you with a printed copy of the rules for the event when you register , also included will be a disclaimer for you to sign , for legal reasons. Then , let the fishing commence !!!

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager

Legally speaking Alison , you can have 1 Fish over 70cm in your bag. If you catch one of these monsters , you can either try to keep it alive for measuring , or take a clear photo next to a ruler or measuring chart with large clear numbers , and offer that as proof of size , and then release if you wish. A witness to observe and verify this action would be good.

The organisers will tolerate NO abuse or derisive comments if an angler decides to keep a 70cm fish .

Ross

Yep Ali , its gonna be HUGE , lets hope the weather Gods are kind to us !!

Ross

No worries Steve , you are added !!

Ross

Ross,

how are those of us who will be hitting the bay prior to daybreak to register? i assume you will be registering at Kurnell at some sort of gentlemans hours..

can we pre-register a day or two prior?

Cheers

Sammy , unfortunately Kurnell has been ruled out , as at low tide there would not be enough water to get to the beach. We are looking at a couple of other locations , and will advise you all when we have made that decision. As for registration , I will be onsite at daybreak , you will be able to contact me on CH96 , and I will have the paperwork ready for you , we can make arrangements to get you signed in at that time. The :wife: will be at the location all day , so as people arrive they can sign in with her .

Ross