Flathead Social

Flightmanager

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could always use Kyeemagh. There is a 4 lane ramp, poontoon, plenty of parking and a bit of a park with tables etc!

Good location. I like this one

why not use the same beach as the raiders did at the botany social late last year?

its on the opposite side of the oil wharf..

And about registration..where will you be launching? Maybe we could get a set time (5am?) and sign up while launching.. I prefer cooks river for launching..but meeting up with over 50 raiders is a big no, no..it gets VERY busy on sundays..

Sammy , unfortunately Kurnell has been ruled out , as at low tide there would not be enough water to get to the beach. We are looking at a couple of other locations , and will advise you all when we have made that decision. As for registration , I will be onsite at daybreak , you will be able to contact me on CH96 , and I will have the paperwork ready for you , we can make arrangements to get you signed in at that time. The :wife: will be at the location all day , so as people arrive they can sign in with her .

Ross

Is there a rock barrier there or does the beach stop short of the watar

I have added your name to the list Laurie , glad to have you join us !!

Owing to the large number of boats that will be present , I have expanded our fishing area to include the Georges River and Cooks River , and all tributaries.

You can put your boat into the water at any ramp you want to , this will help avoid congestion at any one Ramp , remember , that we will also be sharing resources with the general public !!

Fishing will officially start at Daybreak , and finish NO LATER THAN 1330 (1:30PM).

Now , here is the important bit: To be eligible for any of the prizes for this event you must register before you commence fishing. This is for legal reasons , and there will be no exceptions. I would suggest that you get to your desired ramp early , then head for the social site , we will have it staffed from daybreak to end of fishing so that you will be able to register . We will try to have some bacon and eggs going for your arrival , hot coffee and tea as well.

Any legal species of Flathead is eligibal for a prize , but remember that only 1 fish over 70cm may be kept.

In the event that we have 2 identically sized fish , the two anglers names will be entered into a hat , and the winner drawn by myself.

To be eligible for the ladies prize , a lady must catch the longest of any other species .

If for some reason the weather becomes unfishable , or the waters dangerous the event will be postponed to a later date. This is purely a safety precaution , as many boats will have children aboard.

All boats must conform to Maritime Regulations , particularly safety vests for each person on board , a bucket , oars ( if only running one motor) , waterproof torch etc.

All communications shall be over Channel 96 , should the need arise for ship to ship communication.

If you all could bring your own paper plates , and cups , that would lighten the burden on the organisers , and would be greatly appreciated.

Most of all , bring along your sense of fun!! Be competetive by all means , but remember that this is a social day , not a fishing comp as such.

I will advise you of the location as soon as we have found one suitable for our purposes .

Good luck to you all , it is going to be a blast!!

Ross

Cheers Ross!

i have been dodging her wrath over taking kitchen tools overnight on the boat! i should be back in the good books once i have it back.... i told her i'd buy another, but "its the principle Sam!..." :wife:

lol

Sammy I think I packed that in Ross bag!!! OOOPPPPSSS.

I to have lost many a good knife and scissors, but seeing as I am a fishing :wife: who cares!

Just an excuse to buy a better one. :1prop:

This is shapping up to be a fantastic day.

A big thanks to all of the sponsors who have donated prizes for the day.

:1clap:

I am still not sure if I can make it on the day.

Bloody work. :1badmood:

G'day raiders

I picked up the Shimano sahara 2500, 6lb fireline, squidgy sp's and squidgy jigheads that Tony from Fishfinder has put up as prize to go on the KR SP MAX L76 that I have put up for the biggest flaty taken.

I would also like to thank the other sponsers for getting behind our awesome fishraider family :thumbup: .

Ross

Plenty of time to go mate, I am sure you will come up with a brilliant loco to hold the festivities :thumbup: . On Sat 4th Nov the water level at 1pm will be pretty much exactly the same as on the social day. Looking around at this time might help

Rob I have 2 mates climbing aboard, ya welcome to join us if you need a boat to go on mate, i will definately need your advice on where to fish ;) At this stage I am 90% sure I am going.

Ben

Could be a plan benny boy, let me know when you know for sure and we'll go from there :thumbup:

Sorry top hear you wont be able to attend Paul , perhaps for the next one !

I have added your name Gary , welcome aboard !!

Just a note for all of those Raiders who will be bringing children 12 and under , could you please in the next 2 weeks or so , let me know how many children in that age group will be attending? Thanks ,

Ross

Ross, Myself, my dad and my dads mate should be able to attend unless something pops up..

Please save 3 spots on the list for us

Hope to see you all soon

Keep on Fishin'

Cheers :yahoo: Matt

Ross, Thanks for organising another social your tops mate :thumbup: