Marine Parks And Our Future As Recreational Fishos

Guest danielinbyron

Mate i have the luxury of not running a charter business to take them on... If you were to do it they could really hurt ya.

I have already been making inroads on this, talking to the guys who just don't give a rats about the mpa, and there is a quiet rebellion going on ... Thats not good enough but .. I am absolutely convinced that the measures asked of me personally are dangerous, an encroachment on my civil liberties and a complete waste of time tward any effort at conservation. They're still too scared to go down and put the other signs in at the lighthouse so the first sign pointing south doesn't have its couple on a southern boundary.. Which I think prohibits them from legally being able to issue fines.

Further more , we used to be able to check where the swell wasn't going to get us and where the fish or bait were congregating anywhere along the cape and take the appropriate measures... Yesterday for instance there were a huge school in the 200mt of park and it was desert in the fishing zone.....After a while of casting into the desert we said this is just too stupid . "Stuff this for a game , lets go fishing."

If some of the people who are bitching and moaning about this park actually organised there fishing clubs to directly and actively appose it in numbers instead of just trying to politic and get elected.

It would go along way in getting my vote.

We have two seasons on some parts of our park one for pros and another shorter period for recs... HUH???!!! Didn't we just pay a heap to buy out the pros.

So that we could sustainably and recreationally be free to fish....

Daniel,

I personally loath politics....I am that political that I have been at sea for last three state polling days.......but I will not be for the next. Bear in mind that these issues have little to do with my charter business as the majority of our work is carried out 25 nautical mile from any "no fish zones' This is very personal thing about being dictated to without any evidence that sanctuaries are needed.

I agree that politics are the last resort...But despite all these thoughts it is a Labour Government that is bashing us, wether we want it or not with "No Fish Zones" with no consultation ...They are sniffing the Greens BUMS and that's a fact.

I will give you an example; Bob Martin the previous Labour Fisheries Minister was a great bloke from a fishing background He was also a manager of the reseach centre at Taylors Beach, Pt Stephens. He knew fishing and fisherman.

He rang a few of us and we had a meeting at his house Re Kingfish traps and the obvious demise of the species. We suggested how evil they were and they wpould see the decimation of the kingfish population in a short time and he banned them a month later. A brave but correct move.

These drones are listening to no one other than their own political future...with Green preferences being paramount in their thinking.

There has been tens of thousands of signitures on petitions , groups protesting at public meeting and it has made no impression. They are not listening.

The latestn is it looks as though they may allow trolling in some zones...that is not acceptable we want to recreational fishing in all of them unless the advisors can tell us scientifically why we should'nt.....

It is a most complex problem and the thing I hate about it is that it will only get worse once they get momentum. You should know you are living in a MP I agree with the safety issue with sections of safe areas in certain sea swells, being made unaccesable to fisherman because they are in Sanc. Zones.

It is a big brother issue of fishos being dictated to. It is not acceptable to me at all..so they are not getting my vote unless things change. This is the most superb country in the world and what makes so magnificent to live in is "Freedom of thought and speech" and the the option of being an individual in control of our own thoughts and actions and that very much includes how you vote. It is indeed a personal thing and that is our right as Ozzies

How difficult would it be to get an OXY set and cutter out to the ledge? :1yikes:

Guest danielinbyron

{oxy? could do it with a spanner and 4lb hammer and a cold chisel} if i could think of an appropriate place to replant it..i was waiting until they put the other one in, they'd look great as a couple. about 1ft between them as a no take zone .

We had {NO LEAD} trolling only zones around Julian rocks .. It made sense as far as minimising the damage to the reef there which is small and a little unique due to its location and structure, and stopping the"poor old grey nurse" from getting a hook in its gob... no worries.

Just thinking about the signs I have a friend who does a bit of abstract art .....Things like welding a few old pistons to gether on a totem pole of old auto differentails and associated spring hangers. He then puts them up in public places for people to admire...just a thought.

Oh! well back to the revolution