Specility Charter Jigging

jjsydney

Hi All

Like many I am a bit of a fad fisher, and as Jiggin is the newest oldest one LOL

I have just invested in a lovely outfit and want to learn how to play it properly.

There is a charter boat that runs out of the sth that I am aware takes a group of Japanese guys ( very serious jiggers) out regularly looking at reef etc for jigging. One of the guys int he tackle shop had an invite and got some great tips.

Was wondering if any persons interested in learning how to jig, there is more to the technique than ripping it up as fast as possible would like to join me on a charter.

$900 for the day, they usually fish 8 on the boat so around the $120 for the day.

If people r interested I will start looking at dates.

JOn

The dates availible r as follows.

8 on the boat is $120 for a full day. Advise is bring your own tackle but he has a few sets of kit for those with none.

Saturday 9th Dec

Saturday 16th Dec

Sunday 17th Dec

I think there might b room for 10. Hoping to stich up a day pretty soon.

Edited by jjsydney

Hi JJ you can count me in + a mate, i need to learn a bit more. There is a jigging charter out of

Terrigal , maybe Haven Charters, i have heard good reports of big kings from up there. Keep me posted Buddy. And hope to catch up soon , also in mean time if you want to try new jig outfit give me a call as i have been hitting jig grounds off longreef weekly and been doing ok just quietly, maybe buddy up. Only problem we have is you need to get your livies early (second option if there not taking to jigs) then get to spot around 6.30 before Dive boats turn up

around 7.30 - 8 am and spoil the fun.

Hi All

Well sure seems like there is interest,

Sammy not sure the name will find out tomorrow, and get some availibility.

Yes Harkara is responsible for my new kit, LOL and I thank him for it, with the exception of a beautiful reef rigger fomr Saqa lost. He turn a Okuma into a Stella.

Offtap, mate love to team up and hit the wreaks, been interested in learning some technique a bit more.

The charter guy has been regularly putting htse guys onto 10-15kg kings on the reefs.

Will aim for a Sunday day, ASAP ;)

Post again in a day or two.

Jon

Hi All

Well sure seems like there is interest,

Sammy not sure the name will find out tomorrow, and get some availibility.

Yes Harkara is responsible for my new kit, LOL and I thank him for it, with the exception of a beautiful reef rigger fomr Saqa lost. He turn a Okuma into a Stella.

Offtap, mate love to team up and hit the wreaks, been interested in learning some technique a bit more.

The charter guy has been regularly putting htse guys onto 10-15kg kings on the reefs.

Will aim for a Sunday day, ASAP ;)

Post again in a day or two.

Jon

I dont have a jig outfit, but if the charter operator can sort this I would be keen.

Guest Big-Banana

Hi JJ you can count me in + a mate, i need to learn a bit more. There is a jigging charter out of

Terrigal , maybe Haven Charters, i have heard good reports of big kings from up there. Keep me posted Buddy. And hope to catch up soon , also in mean time if you want to try new jig outfit give me a call as i have been hitting jig grounds off longreef weekly and been doing ok just quietly, maybe buddy up. Only problem we have is you need to get your livies early (second option if there not taking to jigs) then get to spot around 6.30 before Dive boats turn up

around 7.30 - 8 am and spoil the fun.

Scotty Thorington from Haven Charters is the man to see if your after a big king offshore. His another option and you won't need as many people.

Scotty Thorington from Haven Charters is the man to see if your after a big king offshore. His another option and you won't need as many people.

He is a good man. Much cheaper charter as well......but I am in if there is a space. CHeers Kelvin

Nothing worse than getting seasick. Got sea sick only once in my life. It was the WORST thing ever :05: I wanted to die . If there was a loaded gun around I think I would have pulled the trigger. I used to tease those who got sick but after that experience several years ago, I am very sympathetic to those who are sick...have even gotten back to shore while fishing!

Fortunately my kids are immune but my wife gets sick if she sniffs 2 stroke exhaust. Lucky I have a 4 strok!Cheers Kelvin

Nothing worse than getting seasick. Got sea sick only once in my life. It was the WORST thing ever :05: I wanted to die . If there was a loaded gun around I think I would have pulled the trigger. I used to tease those who got sick but after that experience several years ago, I am very sympathetic to those who are sick...have even gotten back to shore while fishing!

Fortunately my kids are immune but my wife gets sick if she sniffs 2 stroke exhaust. Lucky I have a 4 strok!Cheers Kelvin

Luckily I have never been seasick, but I have seen people really sick and it doesn't look fun.

Jet fuel makes me queezy, so I can relate to the smell factor putting people off.

It can be the diesel but most of the time its the different motion of a bigger boat especially displacement hulls as they tend to roll around a lot more I used to get a little queasy when going from my de havilland trojan to working as a deckie on a bigger boat out on the great barrier reef didnt take long for my sealegs to come back though Ive never been seasick but have seen some really sick people

Hi All

New post below, for the jigging trip, will add it here again

Hi All

8 on the boat is $120 for a full day. Advise is bring your own tackle but he has a few sets of kit for those with none.

Saturday 9th Dec

Saturday 16th Dec

Sunday 17th Dec

Attending

Me

Narada

Harakara?

Pick a date and get back ASAP.

Jon

I would love to give it a go on either the 16th or 17th, however don't have any jigging gear as I've always been a land based fisho. Closest setup i have is a Saltiga Dorado M-Over80S 8 ft stick matched to a Certate 3500 HD Custom (20lb braid). I'm sure it would be great for Dollies around FADs but doubt it could do the vertical stuff with large knife jigs. :(

Is there any more info in relation to the kit available on the boat??

Hi All

New post below, for the jigging trip, will add it here again

Hi All

Saturday 9th Dec

Saturday 16th Dec

Sunday 17th Dec

Attending

Me

Narada

Harakara?

Pick a date and get back ASAP.

Jon

Count me in for Sunday the 17th. I am flexible on dates, so let me know if the preferred date is on another day.

I will bring my own gear.

Jon,

Tried to reply to your pm - your box is full??

Very keen for the 17th, give me full details - do you require payment now or on the day?

Cheers

Aron