Kingfish Social

robthefisherman

Ok it's now official the Kingfish social will be going ahead on Sunday 21st January and the venue will more than likely be Clifton Gardens which will be confirmed in the next week or so.

So put your name down so we can get an official list of attendees happening and wether you are a boater or landbased and also if you have available spots for deckies.

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!!

After my first social today, I can now see how well they are organised and how

helpful and friendly the fellow Raiders really are..A big thank you!! :yahoo::yahoo:

I'd like to be a deckie if there's room on someone's boat.

Can't wait!

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Put me down for this one.

Call me a boater and I will confirm deckie(s) in due course.

Never fished the area - what is the best launching ramp - I will be in a 5M tinnie with 25HP outboard.

Where you from......you have a choice between...

Rose Bay

Roseville

Tunks Park

#1 son and I are up for this one , we will be in the Boat. If you need help with anything , I would be glad to lend a hand !!

Ross

I'm sure Ross that we will be calling on you for some guidance and your culinary tips.

Speaking of food it would be great if like the flattie social a few people could put their hands up to help out with the food and drinks.

Also while I'm sure their will be a heavy boating contingent with this one as we are chasing Kings we would still very much like to keep the family atmophere going so feel free to bring along your families and make a day of it. I know quite a few didn't fish much at the flattie social due to the weather and it was still a great day.

Hi Rob

Please add myself on the "rumboat" and haraka as decky (to be confirmed)

Now for the big news

I will be putting up a very nice kingy rod to be won by the best king (might as well put namesay's name on it :biggrin2: ). Now the choice is between a Pelagic H which is 7' 10-15kg spin rod designed to cast metals and plastics with a 6000 size reel or the reef ripper 70H 7' 15-24kg jig rod either in spin or overhead. Both rods are $350 and best of their breed. I will start a poll to see whats in demand, please put your vote in, poll will close 1st January. Hopefully one of the mods will pin it under this thread

Count me in please with 2 deckies as WATTO IS OUT OF ACTION . :074::074:

Thats the spirit Claudia but remember the 50m rule , maybe make it 100 without Sean there

Also Rob put me down as supplier of Steak and Sausages if thats the way we go, will speak later on amount

Thanks Dave

you will still hear her screaming at the 100m,just make sure you take your earplugs

she will be the skipper that day,be warned anyone within that distance

:074::074::074::074:

Claudia skippering your boat Sean , maybe we restrict the fishing zone for Wattos boat to 100m from boat ramp :074::074:

I should be OK on this date!!! SO count me in. :thumbup:

I think there should be a few of us helping out the new hands at this kingie fishing!! We want all the attendees to catch a kingfish if possible even if they are only rats. At this time of year this should be achieveable!!!

As kingies move around a fair bit there should be some sort of co-ordination between boats through radio/phone to let people know where they are biting.WHat baits etc. No good fishing the wedding cakes if the kinges are hitting everything at north head!

With the number of potential attendees, we should have ALL the spots covered! And as this is a social and not a competition, we should help the first timers to a kingie or 2. Even if it means there are some old hands just squidding to keep the baits up to the first timers!!!...Just my thoughts. Cheers Kelvin

I should be OK on this date!!! SO count me in. :thumbup:

I think there should be a few of us helping out the new hands at this kingie fishing!! We want all the attendees to catch a kingfish if possible even if they are only rats. At this time of year this should be achieveable!!!

As kingies move around a fair bit there should be some sort of co-ordination between boats through radio/phone to let people know where they are biting.WHat baits etc. No good fishing the wedding cakes if the kinges are hitting everything at north head!

With the number of potential attendees, we should have ALL the spots covered! And as this is a social and not a competition, we should help the first timers to a kingie or 2. Even if it means there are some old hands just squidding to keep the baits up to the first timers!!!...Just my thoughts. Cheers Kelvin

Kelvin,

Some great ideas there mate, we will look further into them.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Could also have a system of a "mentor" who can look after a few newies. There are LOTS of raiders out there who have HEAPS of experience on these fish in syd harbour.

Just need a few guys to monitor radios/phones to let others know where they are biting. Otherwise I am sure there will be a lot of newies who will miss out catching anything. :thumbdown:

But shown the right rigs, and fishing in areas where the kings are with good baits, I am sure most if not everyone will score. And that is the aim of the social.

Also if you concentrate efforts around certain structures around the harbour, you can get a really HOT bite to continue for hours! A bit of team work can make ALL the difference and that includes bait gathering. Catching bait can be a real problem sometimes especially on weekends. All those juicy baits in one particular area will act like a HUGE berley stream. SO I think we should think like a team....just me 2 cents. Cheers Kelvin

Could also have a system of a "mentor" who can look after a few newies. There are LOTS of raiders out there who have HEAPS of experience on these fish in syd harbour.

Just need a few guys to monitor radios/phones to let others know where they are biting. Otherwise I am sure there will be a lot of newies who will miss out catching anything. :thumbdown:

But shown the right rigs, and fishing in areas where the kings are with good baits, I am sure most if not everyone will score. And that is the aim of the social.

Also if you concentrate efforts around certain structures around the harbour, you can get a really HOT bite to continue for hours! A bit of team work can make ALL the difference and that includes bait gathering. Catching bait can be a real problem sometimes especially on weekends. All those juicy baits in one particular area will act like a HUGE berley stream. SO I think we should think like a team....just me 2 cents. Cheers Kelvin

Im happy to help out whereever i can

I would be more than happy to make 50 or so sliding snell rigs on 60 lb trace for people to use.....These are the rigs both Kelvin and i use and are definately the best rig to use when fishing live or fresh squid.

I can make them with swivels and they can be tied straight onto the main line or use a snap swivel.

All land based anglers should know that Kings can be caught off the Wharf at Clifton Gardens, have caught them there myself and have seen them caught their last season.

Live bait can also be caught there.

So you dont need a boat to participate.....

Edited by netic