Kingfish Social

robthefisherman

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably have one of the smallest boats there 4.3m + 30hp, but i was just wondering whether 'bait gathering' can be done outside the heads, that is option B? Not king fishing, just bait gathering? Ive hardly fished the shallow water stuff for squid and yakkas and what if the squid and yakkas are hard to come by inside the harbour on the day?

Just a suggestion..

DAN

Rob I'll supply the snags - 10kg's be enough? let me know if you need more.

Ben

Ben offtap1 has the meat covered but maybe send him a pm and see if he wants you to do half.

also thanks to everyone that are contributing, without the members all coming together and chipping in these days wouldn't be possible

I'll probably have one of the smallest boats there 4.3m + 30hp, but i was just wondering whether 'bait gathering' can be done outside the heads, that is option B? Not king fishing, just bait gathering? Ive hardly fished the shallow water stuff for squid and yakkas and what if the squid and yakkas are hard to come by inside the harbour on the day?

Just a suggestion..

DAN

Dan just to keep things simple and avoid people complaining that such and such was outside the boundaries, everything will be contained within the option B boundary area, if bait on the day is hard to come by within the harbour then it will be hard to come by for all.

Remember guys this is a social day not a comp, the emphasis here is on the social side and an opportunity for the novice memers to learn a thing or two from our more experienced raiders.

The thing that makes these social days so fun is that no one takes themselves too seriously

Rob I'll supply the snags - 10kg's be enough? let me know if you need more.

Ben

Rob Mottyman & I would like to contribute but not sure what. Is it possible ( practical ) to place a post under the other Kingfish Social heading which has the attendees with a " shopping list ".

From reading through the 5 pages of posts thus far it appears the sausages , rolls & drinks are covered.

Pop the list up & we can advise our contribuation.

Tks

Geoff

Guest johblow

Im in, ill be there with bells on in the "angus young". Im gonna put in at Woolwich. I dont like the ramp there, but its close-ish to me. Ill have a workmate on board :-) or two perhaps.

Looking forward to meeting you all - havent been to a raider social for ages, and havent fished the harbour for ages either, and have never caught a kingie. So, its lining up as a big day!!! :thumbup:

ill be there for sure .....me & 1 deckie.......PS...ill bring the eggs as i have chooks give me an idea of how many eggs i need to bring

Thanks mr Liaison, you and your deckie have been added.

Robthefisherman will get back to you about the eggs...MMmmmm home grown bum nuts!!

I bet they are the best eggs too. Thank you.

Cheers,

Pete.

Count myself, my father (who has never experienced how a kingy fights :tease: ) and a good friend of the family in. Oh yes an we will be on a boat, not ours but our mates as unfortunately I dont have access to our boat that weekend.

So 3 guys an a boat :1fishing1::beersmile::1fishing1:

cheers

Dan

PS I will be the Skipper lol,,,, Scarrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by Dan and Greg

Count myself, my father (who has never experienced how a kingy fights :tease: ) and a good friend of the family in. Oh yes an we will be on a boat, not ours but our mates as unfortunately I dont have access to our boat that weekend.

So 3 guys an a boat :1fishing1::beersmile::1fishing1:

cheers

Dan

PS I will be the Skipper lol,,,, Scarrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Dan, you and your deckies are added to the list.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Ok it's now official the Kingfish social will be going ahead on Sunday 21st January and the venue will more than likely be Clifton Gardens which will be confirmed in the next week or so.

So put your name down so we can get an official list of attendees happening and wether you are a boater or landbased and also if you have available spots for deckies.

Cheers

Rob

I'm keen to come along aswell, I may be able to fit Squidgie into the old dingy if he's interested.

Regards, Murray