Cougarcraft Build

offtap1

Hi All, went down to Nowra to check out progress on build today , with boat just back from paint. Went over final layout with boys. The boys are working around the clock to have her ready for me next week . Cheers Boys. Sorry about poor pics , colour doesnt show up properly , but im sure you wont miss me on the water. Check out my Ford Territory, it looks like a match box car in front of the Beast. I Fitted up self leveling kit to trailer off towbar today , i havent driven it around yet but looks like it does the goods in transfering weight back to front of car and leveling out the trailer. Anyone use this setup, it is generally for Caravans or horse floats but with extra adapter on trailer also suits boats. See you all soon on the water . Cheers Dave

post-1870-1166249778_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1166249829_thumb.jpg

Edited by offtap1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats one seriously MAD boat :1yikes::thumbup:

I personally love (including from the rest of the boat) the deep v hull - should make it good for outside in all conditions and the powerplant on the back.

Congratulations on the boat I'm sure you have some pretty fantastic voyages on it chasing some serious fish.

Enjoy!!!!

nice rig

good to see you went with the etec,

is it a 225 or a 200?

did you wet your pants a little bit when you first saw the almost finished product? :tease:

CFD

Etec have 2 x 200hp motors the one i got is HO high output which actually in specs has same block as 250hp the standard 200hp has same size block as 150hp , but obvious difference in cost and power. Same as Crazy Johns Motor. Great out of the hole power.

Yes I wet my pants a whole lot thanks for asking.

It should be called "off its guts" that is a great looking boat!

It looks like its gonna eat the fish!

Congrats Buddy, that is a dream boat! For anyone!

Do these guys build boats to Survey? How much more would one like that cost if it was built to survey? Or is there a number to ring them on? Thining of upgrading, but would only get one if was built to survey.

dave your boat is looking good mate.

definately thinking of putting rollers on my trailer,what do you think.

need to adjust a few things,such as the burley bucket,its shitty.

also the bait board needs to be more sturdy,esp if you have the rods on there while you are trolling in search for yellowfin or either marlin for example

Edited by Crazy John

:yahoo: where do u blokes come up with the money for boats like this!!! :wacko:

thats one terrific boat mate :thumbup:

Ben

Well it all starts by not stuffing around in school and doing well in grades, then get a trade or similar, work hard, start your own business and work harder , its as simple as that Buddy

Do these guys build boats to Survey? How much more would one like that cost if it was built to survey? Or is there a number to ring them on? Thining of upgrading, but would only get one if was built to survey.

Hi Buddy i have Pm you with boat builders phone number he is interested in speaking with you Cheers

That's a fine looking beast!

What electronics are going in her?

Robbie.

Thanks Buddy the electronics include

Furuno 585 sounder with 1kw transducer transom mount , Navman GPS in dash , all GME Vhf and Am radios and Am/Fm radio, Lewmar Electronic freefall Anchor Winch, Bait tank and deck wash pump, deck lighting as well as docking lights to roof

That is one mighty awsome boat, pity it wont catch much fish. Stick with me here for the reasons

1) It looks so good the fish will know its awsome fish catching power and run away.

2) It looks so good every boat within 500 meters will come over to have a closer look and therefore scare the fish away.

No seriously, you should be very happy and we are all very envious.

dave your boat is looking good mate.

definately thinking of putting rollers on my trailer,what do you think.

need to adjust a few things,such as the burley bucket,its shitty.

also the bait board needs to be more sturdy,esp if you have the rods on there while you are trolling in search for yellowfin or either marlin for example

Hi John with regards to roller trailers , i am not the best to answer this due to the fact that i only have ever had roller trailers and have decided to stick with what i know. This is my first full drive on trailer and believe that with a boat this size i will always have a deckie to help with clipping on to trailer. Cheers Dave

Dave,

That is going to be one mighty good boat.

Bet you can hardly sleep at night in anticipation of receiving her.

What is behind the boat name OFFTAP if you don't mind me asking?