Cougarcraft Build

offtap1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dave i was there yesterday arvo to drop off my boat, i will be getting mine back on friday, possibly u might get yours back on the same day .

i saw the boat in the flesh hehe,looking good dude.

hehe i might get the same led lights also for only 55 bucks each, who wouldnt.

:thumbup:

Guest Sea Jay

Well done mate that is an absolute awsome looking machine, you are right about your 4WD looking like a match box car, Can see a few marlin hitting the deck in the not to distant future.

Going to be fun on the road though mate i have a time with mine and you are higher, longer, wider and heavier than me.

You got more experience with big rigs though so you probley be fine.

Cant wait to see you out there

Simply F^%$#ing awesome! I am waiting for my boat as well but that cougar craft looks the business. I am seriously looking at the Furuno sounder as well. Let me know how it goes. I saw it in action on a couple of charter boats and their skippers swear by them. Just a fantastic looking boat. Cheers Kelvin

Nowra Boys have informed me they water tested boat Last Friday late arvo and said it passed with flying colours , very stable and heaps of power out of hole after fitting 17 prop instead of 19 , but still had it running up to 45Mph. Only issue is an underestimated total weight which is now causing trailer issues legally so boys are hoping to get another upgraded trailer from Dunbier tomorrow, im hoping and praying i get her next couple of days as my 3 week holidays once a year have already started and these offshore Dollie and Marlin posts are just making me cry. Cheers Dave

I'm so jealous!!!! That is one fine looking piece of work! Its been said before and we'll keep saying it! One SEXY looking chick! The boat that is!

K.

I'm so jealous!!!! That is one fine looking piece of work! Its been said before and we'll keep saying it! One SEXY looking chick! The boat that is!

K.

Hey Kamil spewing i didnt get to meet you all on Sunday at ramp , you must have been in car park as i was driving out was i, also just asking but isnt Bot wide fad a bit far from sydney heads or is it close enough to a direct route out to browns from there. Cheers Dave

Dave, we pulle dup in the MR Antenna van, with my boat behind it, as to the fad, its on a sort of direct course to Browns if you go south a bit first! Not too far off course. Usually you get a few on the way out and on the way back, we headed straight to the shelf as i though the weather would turn for the worse and wanted to be back in early, but all it did was rain, the seas stayed relatively calm, 1m swell 1m seas all day, the ride home was great, we always try and plan it so we get a North Easterly on the way home. Plus the swell pushed us home nicely. I was gonna yell out to you, but it was too early for me after a massive weekend and thought it may be inappropriate.

K.

Hi Dave,

Awesome looking boat. :o Your territory looks more like a Suzuki Vitara with that mother on the back :1prop:

In regards to your question about the self leveling kit, I have a Subaru Forestor XT which has the self levelling kit as standard. The XT is quite low for an SUV but the with the self level kit it makes towing my 5.3m fibreglass boat that bit easier. It keeps the car nice and level which is great but also comes in handy when trying to get over speed humps. Also good for the othe motorist on the road, stops my lights from pointing up in the air.

Hope you get her soon especially with the holidays.

Cheers

Francis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest claudia

Thanks Dave for taking Sean out yesterday even though he was sick :074::074::074: .

He had a ball and loved your new boat, couldnt stop talking about your mean machine.

He was pretty wrapped with the salmon he caught.

No more fishing for Sean for 6 months now :074::074:

cheers

claudia

manama,

how does the forester go pulling a 5.3m fibreglass boat?

what does the boat, motor and trailer weigh?

CFD

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The car goes great, it hardly even notices the boat is there. It does the pulling up the hills with abosulte ease.

All up the combination of boat, trailer and motor is around 1200kg. I want to go one of those public weigh stations but haven't had the time to do it yet.

Cheers

Francis

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The car goes great, it hardly even notices the boat is there. It does the pulling up the hills with abosulte ease.

All up the combination of boat, trailer and motor is around 1200kg. I want to go one of those public weigh stations but haven't had the time to do it yet.

Cheers

Francis

Hi Chris,

More info!

I think the boat weighs in around 1040kgs with a 115hp, I have a 90hp so it should be slightly lighter than 1040kg.

The Forestor can tow upto 1800kgs with a trailer that ha brakes.

Francis

Dave,

Must be time you invited me over for a beer to have a look at this beast.

Nah hang on - must be time you invited me out for a beer on this beast.....hehehehe

Congrats on the new resident

Mate pop around when u like just give us a call first to make sure im there, ill Pm my No' if u dont have it Cheers Dave

She looks the goods Dave.

Are you completly happy with her or now that you have used it would you have made any changes?

Honestly Paul completely happy all Mods to original design were asked to be done by me and i cant find an issue with anything Buddy Cheers Dave