Boat Ramp @ Honeymoon Bay (jervis Bay)

HAMMER1

Hammer,

The only place to launch your boat at Honeymoon Bay is straight off the beach. The sand there is really hard and compacted so if you have a small aluminium boat a family sedan will do the job. However if your boat is fibreglass it would be wise to have a 4WD or you might find yourself in a bit of trouble. The beach there is very flat and at low tide you have to put your car right in to get water over your trailer.

The nearest place to Honeymoon Bay for a concrete ramp is Callala Bay for JB, or Culburra for the Shoulhaven River.

I would imagine that Honeymoon Bay will be very crowded this time of the year and is very popular place for 4WD enthusiasts. So I'm sure if you did find yourself down to the axles with an incoming tide, help would not be too far away.

I used to launch a 5m fibreglass boat there years ago when I didn't have a 4WD. When I found myself in trouble I kept a 6m length of chain in the back of the car. I'd unhook the trailer in the water move the car up onto some firm ground and then use the chain to pull the trailer out then hook it back on.

Anyhow good luck, I'll be down at JB in January 07.

Nathan.

Hi all ,

I will be going South to Jervis Bay over the Xmas period. Would any of you fisho`s know if there is a boat ramp at Honeymoon Bay ?

Thankyou in advance.

yes

post-1705-1166502685_thumb.jpg

post-1705-1166502805_thumb.jpg