Akuna Bay And Cottage Point

blayne

Gday,

I took my tinnie up to the Hawkesbury yesterday (21.12.2006) mainly to test out my new Humminbird and also to flick a few soft plastics around.

I fished straight accross from Akuna Bay for 2 baby snapper (little reds), one of which was only just longer than the 2inch Gulp minnow grub I was using, and then moved up into Cottage Point and fished the sandflats there for 2 Yellowfin Bream which were both undersized, although one got close at 22cm! :1prop:

All up a pretty average days fishing but enjoyed it all the same!

I will post a couple of pics of my catch (which were all released) tonight!

:beersmile:

Blayne

Also I forgot to mention that there were whiting chasing my minnow grub on the flats but they kept ripping the tails of them. Was pretty strange for me to see whiting chasing lures!

Yeh with the Gulp minnow grubs, every strike I had either resulted in a hookup or most of the time the tail just got ripped off and I had to replace the plastic with a fresh one. Got very frustrating by the end of the day

Gday,

I took my tinnie up to the Hawkesbury yesterday (21.12.2006) mainly to test out my new Humminbird and also to flick a few soft plastics around.

I fished straight accross from Akuna Bay for 2 baby snapper (little reds), one of which was only just longer than the 2inch Gulp minnow grub I was using, and then moved up into Cottage Point and fished the sandflats there for 2 Yellowfin Bream which were both undersized, although one got close at 22cm! :1prop:

All up a pretty average days fishing but enjoyed it all the same!

I will post a couple of pics of my catch (which were all released) tonight!

:beersmile:

Blayne

Also I forgot to mention that there were whiting chasing my minnow grub on the flats but they kept ripping the tails of them. Was pretty strange for me to see whiting chasing lures!

Yeh with the Gulp minnow grubs, every strike I had either resulted in a hookup or most of the time the tail just got ripped off and I had to replace the plastic with a fresh one. Got very frustrating by the end of the day

YEH I WAS USING THE PUMKINSEED COLOUR, ITS PRETTY STRANGE I RECKON BUT ANYWAY

ye good things on lures.

ive half worked them out on lures.

caught them on SP, poppers, deepdivers, crystal alives (not sure what catagorie they come under) and i will hopefully get one on fly ion the next couplde of weeks.

so much fun on lures especially poppers/surface lures, amazing surface strikes.

l_2eab382f0b2cb9e12265dc1cc56de162.jpg

This was the smallest baby snapper I have ever seen.

As you can see i caught it on a Gulp minnow grub in pumkinseed colour, which is still in its mouth.

Also had a few dramas with the pull starter on the motor which is why the cover is off. All good now though, just a jammed actuator cable!

Edited by blayne

• 1 year later...

yer mate you can get whiting on lures. ive caught a few on SPs but you can get them on small hardbodies, poppers or blades. gotta hate those tinny snapper.

exibit A. swollowed a 2" swimming mullet whole, its was even further day his throat before i got the photo.

post-7778-1213606384_thumb.jpg

Edited by no idea