South Creek Windsor, Hawkesbury River

blayne

Gday,

Anyone fished South Creek Windsor, Hawkesbury River lately?

I found it in the boat ramp section of the forum and it looks fairly fishy. is it salt, brackish or fresh water there?

I want to have a fish for some bass tommorow afternoon, does this place hold any bass?

Cheers :beersmile:

Blayne

I didnt end up going up there. I went down to Apple Tree Bay instead because I wasnt sure there was fish at South Creek. I will go up there for sure next chance I get then.

Has anyone caught any decent bass there recently?

And whats a good technique there? Poppers or trolling or what?

Ive bought some Kokoda "The Bat" cicada poppers in black. Apparently they are the goods for Bass late in the evenings. What do you think?

Cheers Mr and Mrs Swordfisherman! :beersmile:

Thats a great help, I will go up there the next chance I get for sure!

Im pretty Geed up for it already!

I have to say this is THE BEST fishing forum bar none! :thumbup:

Blayne

Edited by blayne

There are some very nice Bass and Eps to be had in that section of the river.

Once you launch at the ramp in South Creek ,go out to the main river and head right .Stay out about 20 metres as there are a lot of weed beds and cast shallow divers or your surface poppers into the holes in the weeds close to the bank and you should score plenty of small to medium Bass :thumbup: If you head up to the left and go under the Windsor Bridge follow the left hand bank and do the same as above and make sure you get right in tight to the bank before commencing your retreive :biggrin2: .

Cheers Swordfisherman

When you launch are you talking about the boat ramp there at the very end of the park? So as you come into windsor from Kellyville, you take a right in that little roundabout where the windsor town is and follow it all the way down to the ramp? Is that South Creek?