What Could This Be?

domza

Question

i was fishing with my dad in bantry bay on monday night. I had the usual baits out including prawns, pillies and yakka fillets. My dad decided to chuck out a whole squid (bought) out on a 25lb combo in the hope of a jew. About 25 mins later the baitrunner feature went of(only about 0.5kg drag) it was a slow run so we let it sit. Over the next 5-10 mins it kept on taking line very slowly but powerfully. My dad had enough and striked and felt some big weight..but soon was gone. It was almost as if the fish or what ever it was, was just holding the bait and wasn't anywhere near the hook.

He chucked out an identical bait out to the same spot and the same thing happened after another 10 minutes. This time when my dad striked he got the same weight but hardly a fight..i was about to net it (in complete darkness) then when it hit the surface it let go and swam away..i dashed for the torch and got a glimps of the thing swimming away, but i have no idea what so ever what it could be. It looked like a light colored FISH- definantly not a crab, octopus or anything like that and it was a slow moving fish.

the fact it let go right at the water means it was never hooked but just holding on...

what do you think it could be?

defiantly not a common catch for sydney i bet..

16 answers to this question

nice way of starting a guessing competition without any pics.LMAO.I like the mermaid answer best! :1fishing1:

:beersmile: Not to many drinks or your eyes won't know what they saw.

Cheers

Suffo

if i could get a pic of it i wouldn't have put the thread up..

dead set i know what it was, it was my ex wife, a dead weight, never really hooked but hung on, never really knew what she was and she went deep when asked the big questions. Wonder what she was doing in the Hawkwsbury? Bet she hated sex also-yeah thats her.

dead set i know what it was, it was my ex wife, a dead weight, never really hooked but hung on, never really knew what she was and she went deep when asked the big questions. Wonder what she was doing in the Hawkwsbury? Bet she hated sex also-yeah thats her.

Harold, that is the funniest thing i have read on FR, and i am going to honour it by making it my new sig.

Geez harold perhaps you need to fish more and get a keeper and not a throwback!!!

mrsswordfisherman