Breaming

G'day raiders. Just a quick CR. Went out for luring this morning which was one of my earliest to date. Upon reaching there it was still dark. Attached on my favourite SX-40 and on a couple of casts later with super slow cranks, I got a take. It was a wet-sock fight from a 30cm bream.

post-283-1168747865_thumb.jpg post-283-1168747873_thumb.jpg

Fish released and continue. By then, the sky was lit and I opted the sandworms. As expected, the toads got onto them fast, even on far casts. :mad3: Continued with hardbodying but no takers and the tide was receding fast. Whack on the last ammo which is the bloodworm bm. Suddenly I heard a mullet splash and began casting there. Couple of slow-roll twitch and there was a take. This one made 2 runs and I was pretty impressed although it was just a 30cm job as well. :biggrin2:

post-283-1168747879_thumb.jpg post-283-1168747885_thumb.jpg

Snagged that bm and called it quits.

Cheers

Ronald

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report Ronald. Good to see you terrorising the local fish in my absense! :biggrin2:

I've had some top sessions down there early mornings in Feb. It really fires after a bit of rain in a howling southerly.

Cheers,

Grant.

No worries Grant. :biggrin2: Still waiting for a top session, it's been awhile. :(

Thanks for the tips though ;)

Cheers

Ronald

G'day, went for a quickie to cure the itch seeing that the wind was kind. Tried an assortment of bm only to have their tails raped by toadies. :mad3: Suddenly came across this colour which I had always overlooked. Oh well, whack it on and began casting to an almost dull session. Luckily for the wind, it made the casting further as well as watching the line easier. Finally, there was a strong take and I didn't even had the time to strike and it was on. This 37cm bream made 4 runs and I was pretty impressed with it. :yahoo:

post-283-1169453604_thumb.jpg

Excuse my 'burnt' face. :1prop:

post-283-1169453617_thumb.jpg

post-283-1169453623_thumb.jpg post-283-1169453628_thumb.jpg

The p.blue bm did the damage.

Continued for a short while more with hardies but could only manage baby flatty and bream. Not bad for a breaming session, itch cured. :thumbup:

Cheers

Ronald

Edited by crystalliser

G'day, went for a quickie to cure the itch seeing that the wind was kind. Tried an assortment of bm only to have their tails raped by toadies. :mad3: Suddenly came across this colour which I had always overlooked. Oh well, whack it on and began casting to an almost dull session. Luckily for the wind, it made the casting further as well as watching the line easier. Finally, there was a strong take and I didn't even had the time to strike and it was on. This 37cm bream made 4 runs and I was pretty impressed with it. :yahoo:

post-283-1169453604_thumb.jpg

Excuse my 'burnt' face. :1prop:

post-283-1169453617_thumb.jpg

post-283-1169453623_thumb.jpg post-283-1169453628_thumb.jpg

The p.blue bm did the damage.

Continued for a short while more with hardies but could only manage baby flatty and bream. Not bad for a breaming session, itch cured. :thumbup:

Cheers

Ronald

Looks like a great session you've had there! Jewhunter uses the same pearl blue b.m with great success on bass!

Well Done

What a cracking bream on SP, Ronald! :1yikes::yahoo::thumbup: I've always wanted to catch a bream on SP, but I don't really know where to start! Working stickbaits is also a bit of a mystery to me... Lately, I've been working Gulp 2" shrimp, I'm pretty sure I'll get one soon... As for hooking bream on SPs, do you wait until the fish starts to swim off?

Flattieman.

What a cracking bream on SP, Ronald! :1yikes::yahoo::thumbup: I've always wanted to catch a bream on SP, but I don't really know where to start! Working stickbaits is also a bit of a mystery to me... Lately, I've been working Gulp 2" shrimp, I'm pretty sure I'll get one soon... As for hooking bream on SPs, do you wait until the fish starts to swim off?

Flattieman.

G'day Flattieman. I realised that the big ones usually just took off without u being able to feel the bites 1st. Most of my previous bigguns would normally take off while the lure is on the drop, while this particular one sort of happened during midway retrieval. If I did observe my line moving, yes, I'll wait a little while before striking. Hope you nail those finicky bream on SPs!

Cheers

Ronald

G'day Flattieman. I realised that the big ones usually just took off without u being able to feel the bites 1st. Most of my previous bigguns would normally take off while the lure is on the drop, while this particular one sort of happened during midway retrieval. If I did observe my line moving, yes, I'll wait a little while before striking. Hope you nail those finicky bream on SPs!

Cheers

Ronald

Thanks very much for the info. Well done once again. :thumbup:

Flattieman.

Cheers

Ronald

Hey Ron,

Stonker Breambo mate :1yikes:

Good to see you flickbaiting with sucess.

I agree with you most big bream 30+cm I have caught nailed the SP on the drop, usually on the cast.

They usually don't require much convincing :biggrin2: you just have to cast in the right place :1prop:

And flattieman make sure your hooks are seriously sharp because bream have hard bony mouths, I always sharpen all my jigs by hand using a file untill they dig into your fingernail when dragging them across.

Trust me when you start hooking scales they are sharp enough :074:

Cheers

BM

Flattieman.

Nice bream well done, I notice your using a fair amount of lead on the jighead. Are you dragging the lure along the bottom? I find we have much more success on big bream by using weights of 1/32 of an oz and less and dead slow twitching retrieves. Would be interested in your thoughts.

Tomahawk1999.

Nice bream well done, I notice your using a fair amount of lead on the jighead. Are you dragging the lure along the bottom? I find we have much more success on big bream by using weights of 1/32 of an oz and less and dead slow twitching retrieves. Would be interested in your thoughts.

Tomahawk1999.

Hi. I'm using 1.5g squidgy jigheads. Sometimes I drag but mostly I twitch the sps. I've tried using 1/32 but could not achieve the casting distance and perhaps getting too used to a specific weight. Thanks for sharing your tactics I'll give that a try as well.

Cheers

Ronald