Breaming

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty cluey lure fishing Ronald. :thumbup: I suppose you have your times and conditions for the best hook up activity down to a tee down there, working out whether it's best to stay and keep persevering with lure types or keep covering ground ay? You must have a casting arm like a tennis player.

Cheers and good lure fishing once again !! :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Awesome, a pipi too hahahaha now thats something ya can tell your friends. Hey boys and girls, pipis ate my lure !! they wont believe ya hehe

:Funny-Post:

Yeah Dave That pipi's got a decent old mouth but it seems to have it's back legs missing :D

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Stumbled across the website a while ago and spent a large part of last night reading through this thread among others. Highly informative :) Thanks for sharing the information/pics. I got rather excited from reading all your reports and bought myself some 2inch pumpkin seed grubs. Now I just need to find a good spot to use them.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy raiders, how's everyone doing? Here's a few short reports of my previous landbased breamin' escapade including a recent sesh where I met a fellow raider, Plastic Fantastic. Headed out on a few occassions to IC and to tell the truth, it's been pretty hard work! Fished the outgoing 2 weeks ago after some big rains and was having a ball catching smallies on the gulp worm till when the shrimps started skittering (not the frenzy jumps which usually suggests schools of tailor working). A random thought of changing to a Megastriked bloodworm wriggler and straight up on the 1st cast a just legal bream. Next cast to the same spot and with a few twitches, *clunk* and off it goes (30+ don't usually muck around ;)). Stradic had some morning workout and up came yet again, a harrowingly landed 36cm breambo.

post-283-1197548443_thumb.jpg

That pretty much sum up the sesh. Got a new toy recently and was very keen to christen it. My good mate and fishing partner-in-crime, nzwarriors, bought me a roll of Unitika Mebaru PE which I gotta say till now, seemed like a better line than that hopeless Yamatoyo Famell PE sitting on the stradic. :thumbdown: For some unknown reasons, the hardbodies this season have been struggling real bad. Still, it didn't deter me to use them when the right conditions presents itself. Chuck on a recent acquired LC clutch MR and began working it parallel to the shore since it was a rated 1m diver. Bang.. on the 1st cast and midway cranked it goes off.

post-283-1197548457_thumb.jpg post-283-1197548464_thumb.jpg

The lure lose it's virgin to a 27. Got a 47cm flattie on a camo worm and that was about it for a really tough day trying to christen the reel, bugga! :mad3: Had two days off work and I thought I should make the best out of it by you know what... fishing! Was struggling with the wind and dropped fish till out of the sudden, someone shouted "RONALD!". Great, saw a fellow raider (Plastic Fantastic) and made our acquaintances. And so we fished side by side, sharing tips and memorable captures. The wind was hampering us and as soon as the tide was starting to race out, Jeff suggested a change of spot and I gladly recommended a favourite spot of mine not too far out. Changed to a 2inch gulp mullet in pseed and on the first cast was rewarded with a smallish bream. Jeff was commending how good the pseed colour was and sure it was mate! Anyway, on the 2nd cast, I was simply doing my usual and right about midway, the steez was locked-n-loaded. It wasn't until when the fish came right close to the bank when it did the 'bream-escape' thingy. Left hand side it goes and the drag was singing a ratchet tune. Zzzzz.... ah.... orgasm man... Ok, too early to be celebrating, as Jeff was in the background telling me to back off my drag. Yup, the fish had ran towards a visible pile of tree branches! :1yikes: By the time I could shift my position, the deadlock had begun, the fish had snagged! I could instantly feel the 5lb nitlon rubbing the branches but after some intense moments, it came out again! Phew! This time round, it went out a bit, and I could easily play the fish. Caught a quick glimpse and turned out to be a good size breambo. Then, this fish must had taken goat weed or something, as it powered back up to the branches AGAIN! Great... by now, the leader was wrapped around the twigs as I couldn't skull it out. :ranting2: Jeff, being a good samaritan bloke, took off his shoes and came slushing through the wet pavement to help me break off the twig as I lift that bloody irritating branch out. He was even kinder by helping to take this pic!

post-283-1197548471_thumb.jpg post-283-1197548479_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jeff! You're a bloody legend mate! It was put on the lie detector and measured 35cm. Released the breambo and thanked it too for giving the new toy a good workout, lol. :biggrin2: Got a call from my mate to bring his boat for servicing and so left Jeff there to continue his pre-work fish. It was great meeting you Mr Plastic Fantastic, till next time eh mate.. Take care!

Cheerios

Ronald

• 1 month later...