Several Species Not Comonly Eaten

james1990

Blue fish such as Slimey's,Tuna,Yakkas etc are highly regarded by doctors as a big supplement of omega 3.

IMO they are the best eating fish. I find it very amusing when i see and hear people say they are very dry though such blue fish have the most fat(fish fat/oil).

So for the fish to be dry you must be doing something very wrong.

It tears my heart apart when i see and hear people who go on charters catching stripey's,bonnies etc and the owner's keeping them and salting them for snapper bait. Very wrong.

Alot of people eat YFT but dont want to hear about stripeys and bonnies, though they come from the same family.

• 1 month later...

Have eaten Yakkas in Japan both smoked and pan fried, surprisingly good, not really a delicacy but a regularly eaten food, my understanding is theyfarm the yakkas to a fairly large size and feed them certain types of food to get the specific taste (a bit like they do with Wagyu). Also seen pillies for sale in a supermarket over there

I guarantee this is the best way to cook all of the above species!!

scale and gut the fish, place them in a pot of water with diced carrot, potatoes, a few herbs and 1 house brick - boil for 6hours, empty the pot then eat the brick! :074:

Edited by tide'n'knots