Blackfish Social In Forster

arpie

hi roberta, this sounds like a great idea, ill have to do some work on the :wife: .shouldnt be too hard,her mum lives at smiths lake so im half way to luderick bliss...[blackfish that is]. i grew up as a kid catchig heaps in sydney harbour and hadnt fished for them for years until xmass when up forster and saw heaps schooling and playing in weedbeds.. returned next day and was like jumping in a time machine...oh what a geat buz that sinking float gives... kept 3 about 30cm for dinner and must of threw back about 20 most around 20 - 25cm....

so i guess im a maybe pending :wife: and work commitments..

tight lines............. steve...

just a tiddler ..... post-2219-1170248525_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve..You have been added to the "maybe' list.

Good luck with the :wife:

Cheers,

Pete.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hi roberta,

i am a definite starter for the blackfish weekend. :yahoo::yahoo: have organised with :wife: and kids to stay at mother in laws in smiths lake. i got my own luderick gear but unfortunately my spare has been broken in storage, :05: was my old and faithful about 25yrs old,gee thats caught a few over the years. anyway no extra gear for any newbies but i am more than happy to help out and pass on any tips if anyone wants to tag along. i consider myself to be a very accomplished bf fisherman [not saying i know it all] and i always get a buzz when someone new gets into them, as we know pound for pound they give more than a good account for themselves.. i am hoping to get up there early enough to wet a line the friday and do a bit of recon work, i fished around brekinsridge chanel over xmass from that spot where theres a pool and boat ramp,lots small ones landed but i think i might try the breakwall this time.. i will try to bring up extra weed to help out. thanks heaps for organising this as its helped to get me back into fishing for bf,been waaaay to long ....

......... thanks heaps for organising this as it's helped to get me back into fishing for bf, been waaaay to long ....

Hey Roosterman

Great to have you on board!! You will love the bf up here! Heaven on a stick (fishing stick!) It is my hope that everyone 'new' to bf will get into at least one fish (hopefully more) at the social - no doubt there will be plenty of 'downs' and moans (as in "Damn, missed it!") The more attending, the merrier!

Look forward to hooking up with you on the Fri - give me a yell when you get here.

Watch out, you may get 'hooked' again! I have become quite addicted to it in the last 2 years! Don't go beach fishing that much any more - but still enjoy pulling worms!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

• 1 month later...

Hi ROBERTA, I have recently joined Fishraiders and would love to be a part of Forster Blackfish Outing. Will need to sort out accomodation for myself and my cook. If all goes well will bring along some extra rods and gear. Count us in.BART... :yahoo:

G'day Bart , you have been added.

Organisation for this event will swing into full gear after the Entrance Social. We have made a preliminary list of attendees for this social , but I need to concentrate fully on one social at a time , so that everything works out OK. If you would like to have your name added to the Forster Social list , please indicate same in this thread .

Ross

G'day Bart , you have been added.

Organisation for this event will swing into full gear after the Entrance Social. We have made a preliminary list of attendees for this social , but I need to concentrate fully on one social at a time , so that everything works out OK. If you would like to have your name added to the Forster Social list , please indicate same in this thread .

Ross

Thankyou Flightmanager, Add us to the social list for Forster.Hoping the blackies are on. BART.

• 1 month later...

Hi Roberta...

After that fantastic Entrance Social, how could anyone say no to another event ? I have emailed the park for accomodation (if there is any left) and if so then count myself and Mrs gyropilot IN....sounds great !!! That was the 2nd and 3rd June wasn't it ?? (First weekend)...

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff,

You have been added mate and yes it is the 2nd and 3rd June.

It was good to meet you yesterday. :thumbup:

Edited by mrs_rzep

Shame, Brad - if it is half as good as The Entrance, it will be a roaring success!~!! Ne'er mind - if you are ever up this way, give me a Yahoo & we'll hit the water together anyway!!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Geoff/Gyropilot

Fantastic meeting up with you at the Entrance - in more ways than one! Great to have you on board for Forster - it will be FUN! Look forward to catching up again soon

Cheers

Roberta

After the last weekend I think that I am going to have to make it up to Foster for this one also. :thumbup:

Hey Paul

Is that a definite or a maybe??? We'd love to see you up here!!!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Robert & Jeannette!

Welcome aboard!!!! I will send you some light reading, to hone up those blackie skills or at least help confuse the issue!! Better sit down, it is a loooong read!

Cheers

Roberta

Once again I'm forced to pull out of another Raiders social.

Work is going berserk at the moment so I'm stuck here wishin I was fishin'

(Actually I am hoping to get out this weekend but that's just up the road a bit)

Apologies to organisers for late withdrawal.

Be safe, have loads of fun & as per the Entrance social make sure you get loads of pics & great stories to let all us non-attendees at least dream we were there.

Edited by Boofhead

Bugger!! :(:05::1badmood:

Ne'er mind - we'll catch a few for you!! If you get up here later, give us a yell & we can have a flick for blackies!

Cheers

Roberta

Will definatley contact you if I get up there Roberta.

I hope you all catch many great fish & I have no doubt you'll overcome your "Shyness" once again (As you reported in the Entrance posts) to give everyone a warm welcome & great local tips.

Go the Raiders!

.....So if I can get to this thing, what do I need? I'd like to start riggin some gear up but havn't a clue, god I hope this won't involve another trip to the tackle shop & a kidney donation!/////

Hi Boofhead/Mick

We should be able to get you rigged up with a mixture of tackle that you already have - it is not rocket science or difficult, really! So don't go out buying anything new just now!

I shall shortly be sending a fairly detailed pm to all registered attendees describing the proven setup for our local blackies (and plenty of other hints, too!!) Hopefully I will send out the info in the next day or so! It is a bit of a book, so you may need to copy it to a word doco or just print it off to read at your leisure!!

Cheerio

Roberta

hi roberta

i got the note and have made an account and i am still looking around the site. its a great site thanx for telling me about and i am sure to tell my freinds about it

thanx cody ( mervs son )