Moon Cycles And Jew Fish.

skramp_84

Guest IFishSick.

That, aswell as the 5 days around the New moon are the best times for the Jewie. And not just Jewies, I have found that it affects all fish too.

Could have something to do with the extra bit of height in the tide that comes with it...also if you have fished anywhere at night with a flood light you will find alot of creatures are attracted to it....thus saying that the moon reflecting on the water brings more creatures out or to the surface which in return gives predatory species better opportunity to have a meal?

I don't know about all this phases of the moon talk. Greg Joyes cannot work it out, and the latest research by NSW DPI didn't show any positive correlation with moon phases and feeding patterns of Mulloway. So heres what i reckon. Get out there and put the hours in no matter what and sooner or later youll get one.

davo

I don't know about all this phases of the moon talk. Greg Joyes cannot work it out, and the latest research by NSW DPI didn't show any positive correlation with moon phases and feeding patterns of Mulloway. So heres what i reckon. Get out there and put the hours in no matter what and sooner or later youll get one.

davo

a jew will feed any time obviously to keep their stomachs satisfied.

the larger runs in the water enable the jew to ambush there prey alot easier therefore they use this to there advantage which therefore increases your chances of getting one.

us knowing this will then help us persue the jews with the most precision and less time invested.

Greg Joyes can work it out mate trust me. he is a seasoned jew fisho who takes people out, not necessarily gives away all his jewfish secrets on jewfish secrets.

I dont think it makes a difference. I believe it comes from people catching a fish on a certain moon fase and only fishing for that species during that specific time and fase, thus the belief that it is the time fish are activly hunting.

I also believe that when moon fase devoties fish more confidently when fishing a favourable moon . Livebait rather than dead, keeping fresh bait on the hook or perhaps putting more action into a soft plastic presentation. Myself I would take a tide-change around dawn or dusk over a full moon night.

But in saying that you cant catch jewies without a line in the water.

hey boys,

the jews are there every week, you just need to work out which place to fish on what tide .i also believe,catch your own local bait,it always pay to spend a little time catching livies,wheather big or small.just remember, big tides, big fish,and the other secret is,if there a 20 boats sitting at 1 spot,dont join the crowd,move around an investigate the waters,as your chances are 1 in 20 if you jion the parking lot

It definitely makes a difference if you know when the prime times are. Prime example, no no nos big two fish that he caught, last year, one month apart and exactly the same time relating to moon phase and tide and bait, and same spot!!! Explain that.???

It definitely makes a difference if you know when the prime times are. Prime example, no no nos big two fish that he caught, last year, one month apart and exactly the same time relating to moon phase and tide and bait, and same spot!!! Explain that.???

Tide, bait, and same spot makes sence, for that tide to be the same, the moonfase would have to be the same. If moon has so much to do with jewie captures why are so many caght in the day??? Jewfish are creatures of habit they are big and need to eat or be eaten. A place where they can use minimal energy to get a feed is where they will be. Dropoffs, eddies, bridge pilons, somewhere baitfish just get swept past with the current. When a jewie gets over 20kg they are over 12 years old they get to know the systems they live in. When someone like no no no goes fishing the amount he gets a good idea where fish will be holding.

What you are saying is correct, but what has the middle of the day got to do with anything, does the moon not have its gravitational pull during the day too? And you will find most Big Jews are caught within first 3 hrs of sunrise and last 3 hrs of sunset especially with a coiniciding high tide,and thru the night, it would be hard pressed to get one in the middle of the day, with clear skies and no cloud cover, sure the odd one will get caught, but no one targets them regularly in the middle of the day, cause it more than likely wont happen.... But thats another argument!

Edited by Reely

I'll put my two bobs worth & 20 yrs experience in hunting Jews into this.

A lot of the comments I've read make me laugh. :074: Are the opinions expressed relative to the areas that people fish or do they relate to the fish themselves?

I have kept a diary of all my trips, on all moon phases, & certain patterns have emerged.

No run = no fun. Bigger tides are best.

Fishing a couple of hours either side of the tide changes is best. Around dawn or dusk even better.

In Sydney Harbour the week leading up to the full moon is best. The week after the new moon is good & can be better in certain spots.

It may be true that from a boat in the H/bury more big Jew are caught during the day but all systems are different & I know that from the beach & headlands it is not true. A rising to high tide at night 1-3 days after the new moon is the gun time.

In general a waxing moon ( new to full ) is the most productive time to fish. A waning moon ( full to new ) is usually very poor.

I have had this discussion with a few top Jew fishos & this is some of the knowledge they have passed on. The records of my catch rates verify this to the point that in my last 15 sessions from the beach at night after the new moon I have landed 24 Jew. That is in & around Sydney. The last 15 sessions outside of that moon phase in the same spots have seen 3 Jew caught. Make up your own mind.

If you are bait fishing self caught bait is a must.

Cheers,

Grant.

I'll put my two bobs worth & 20 yrs experience in hunting Jews into this.

A lot of the comments I've read make me laugh. :074: Are the opinions expressed relative to the areas that people fish or do they relate to the fish themselves?

I have kept a diary of all my trips, on all moon phases, & certain patterns have emerged.

No run = no fun. Bigger tides are best.

Fishing a couple of hours either side of the tide changes is best. Around dawn or dusk even better.

In Sydney Harbour the week leading up to the full moon is best. The week after the new moon is good & can be better in certain spots.

It may be true that from a boat in the H/bury more big Jew are caught during the day but all systems are different & I know that from the beach & headlands it is not true. A rising to high tide at night 1-3 days after the new moon is the gun time.

In general a waxing moon ( new to full ) is the most productive time to fish. A waning moon ( full to new ) is usually very poor.

I have had this discussion with a few top Jew fishos & this is some of the knowledge they have passed on. The records of my catch rates verify this to the point that in my last 15 sessions from the beach at night after the new moon I have landed 24 Jew. That is in & around Sydney. The last 15 sessions outside of that moon phase in the same spots have seen 3 Jew caught. Make up your own mind.

If you are bait fishing self caught bait is a must.

Cheers,

Grant.

i was talking hawkesbury.

come on if where getting serious about talking jews we wanna fish the premier jew system.

after reading what you have said jewhunter you are basically saying what had been said through the post.

dont know what was so funny :wacko::wacko::wacko:

i was talking hawkesbury.

come on if where getting serious about talking jews we wanna fish the premier jew system.

after reading what you have said jewhunter you are basically saying what had been said through the post.

dont know what was so funny :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Your post is :offtopic:

So what are you saying? :1badmood: I hope you are not inferring that I am phlagarising. Unlike most self professed Jew 'experts' as a fisho I am more than willing to share what I know.

If we are getting serious we are talking about the fish, not where you fish.

I have quoted records from my diary. I have, unlike yourself, related my capture rates at certain times of a moon phase.

If 9 out of 10 Jews prefer to be caught by you then why haven't I read many posts or seen pics of your captures? Or are you one of these so called experts that don't catch fish? Or don't you like to share your success?

Cheers,

Grant