The Entrance 28-29 April 2007

b-fore-tony

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in if it still on April 21?! (Triathlon season takes precedence over my fishing, unfortunately!)

Look forward to putting faces to fellow raiders names

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

I am in for sure!

That was my old stomping ground when I was a youngster during school holidays!

The Entrance is definetly a good spot for all Raiders as the land based and boat fishing is great when the lake turns it on!

Ive caught many a good whiting, flatty and bream in those waters from time to time. Also once hooked a Stingray from the sandflats near the bridge that scared the life out of me when it got in viewing distance, was about the size of a queen size bed! :1yikes: Thats was before it took most of my line before I could get my hands on a knife :ranting2:

Should we make it a target species social or an anything goes event?

A sunday would be good I think as MOST of us would be free?

Here is a pic of the boatramp at The Entrance if anyone is unfamiliar with it. There is decent parking and cleaning facilities there but as with any popular location it does get packed at times!

Cheers :beersmile:

Blayne

post-3003-1169528381_thumb.jpg

Edited by blayne

Sounds good people count me and the beanbag in. Are we going to base it around the caravan park again? (I love that place) perhaps on a weekend out of school holidays?

Hi Sharky

Which caravan park would that be? I haven't been to the Entrance for at least 40 years!!! I am a bit out of touch! Must bring my kayak along!

Cheerio

Roberta

Righto ,we need Social Organisers for this Social.

Add your reply if you are up for the task as they dont organise themselves :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy .

No organisers ,no Social :(

I may be working in Canberra, but will come back for the day.

2 Conditions:

All those that say its their backyard must fish lefthanded off a windsurfer holding a beer without spilling.

And whoever wants to run the show talks to me about prizes for the kids on the day.

The Co. that I work for is big on kids and has offered prizes to the kids with the biggest fish, best dress, longest shorts, prettiest outfit worn to a fishing comp.......... whatever, they will have fun!

I will talk to the powers that be , as all prizes will be purchased through our sponsers, and no right-ups on the web need to be offered.---- Too Easy

Regards,

Stumpy