Stacer Seahorse 4.55

Old Nick

Son inlaw is looking at buying a Stacer Seahorse 4.55 second hand in Adelaide powered by a 40 hp two stroke tiller steer outboard. The whole setup is only about 3 years old and apparently in good as new nick.

Has anybody had, owns or knows any thing about these tinnies (good or bad) please let me know.

He is a big bloke, 6 foot 7.5 inches in height and weighs in at 28.5 stone. Thanks George

king george you have fed the prince well, he may need the titanic! :thumbup:

no offence meant.

Wildfish, He was built like that when he came into the family 8 years ago. Never been in a situation where his size would handy - cause those situations never seem to happen when a man as big (and strong) is around.

I own a Stacer Seahorse 420 with a 30hp Mercury. For what I do its a perfect boat, no complaints.

If I had the money at the time I would of got the 440, as the whole hull is just so much bigger, ie wider, bigger sides and a bigger v. The 455 therefore would be a great boat in my opinion, especially a big fella.

Anyway good luck with it

Cheers Shaun :biggrin2:

I own a Stacer Seahorse 420 with a 30hp Mercury. For what I do its a perfect boat, no complaints.

If I had the money at the time I would of got the 440, as the whole hull is just so much bigger, ie wider, bigger sides and a bigger v. The 455 therefore would be a great boat in my opinion, especially a big fella.

Anyway good luck with it

Cheers Shaun :biggrin2:

Thanks for the info Shaun. We thought it would be better to look for something a bit bigger due to his size.

by the time you take a couple of kids, I don't think you would want anything smaller.

I was just wondering how the 4.55 handled a bit of breezy wind slop etc.

My 420 cuts the slop pretty good for it size, only prob is if you dont hit it straight on you get a bit of splash into the boat (prob with most boats) as I dont have a windscreen.

Even though the 455 is only 35cm longer, the boat is so much bigger overall, therefore it would cut through the slop so much easier and more effective than my boat.

Ive attached some pics to show you the difference in the size of the two boats, even though its only 20cm length wise different (450v430)

post-63-1171603625_thumb.jpg

post-63-1171603643_thumb.jpg

being a man of excesive weight , the bigger the boat the better it will be ,my self i weigh 121 kg and when you get 2 men standing on one side of a smaller boat it is verry unstable,,i have a stessco 4.8mt and is verry stable with me and another man on the same side ...i suggest that he takes what ever boat he likes out on the water first so he knows it will do the job

Also try using the SEARCH button up top of the page George.

There are some previous posts that might interest you there :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Thanks for theinfo, I am new to this site and appreciate the help

Cheers Nick

My 420 cuts the slop pretty good for it size, only prob is if you dont hit it straight on you get a bit of splash into the boat (prob with most boats) as I dont have a windscreen.

Even though the 455 is only 35cm longer, the boat is so much bigger overall, therefore it would cut through the slop so much easier and more effective than my boat.

Ive attached some pics to show you the difference in the size of the two boats, even though its only 20cm length wise different (450v430)

Thanks for the photos, will pass them on for interest sake. Looking at the photos, being a big bloke I am sure he is on the right track going a bit bigger boat.

Cheers Nick-ps hope to be able to put some photos of our catches up one day!!