Id For Fish Caught From The Entrance

zrealist

Question

16 answers to this question

and a lot of them have a filthy bug in them that busts out their guts and eats their heads when they die :puke:

CFD

I see you've watched "Alien" recently, mate. :biggrin2: I didn't know that silver biddies suffered from this - are you talking about isopods? (Like the ones pictured here?):

post-1466-1172360272_thumb.jpg

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

no flattieman,

at the FR hawksbury jewfish social, myself and sammy0884 set a couple of silver biddies as livies, they had no bugs in their mouth.

approx. 1 hour later we reeled them in to check how they were going and their gut cavities had exploded and they were dripping maggoty looking things from their eye sockets and face which had now almost being completely devoured.

obviously the silver biddies were screwed

CFD

:1yikes: Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggh!!! Yuk.

Flattieman.

name='crazedfisherdude' date='Feb 25 2007, 10:40 AM' post='150029']

no flattieman,

approx. 1 hour later we reeled them in to check how they were going and their gut cavities had exploded and they were dripping maggoty looking things from their eye sockets and face which had now almost being completely devoured.

wow never heard of anything likw that before :wacko: Sounds like a serious bug

Edited by gio

no flattieman,

at the FR hawksbury jewfish social, myself and sammy0884 set a couple of silver biddies as livies, they had no bugs in their mouth.

CFD

Sounds gross

no flattieman,

CFD

I recon they were probably sea lice and came from the water rather than the fish. We get them pretty bad off the beaches up here from time to time and they are a real pain when you are fishing strip baits.

The Silver Biddies have a fairly soft skin and I recon the lice are just eating their way in

no flattieman,

CFD

same thing happen to me a pittwater a while back. i think they were them bugs pictured before but smaller, if i put a pillchard in not even 1 minute later it was just skeliton(looked cool though) there was millions i mean millions no point of fishing when they are about

cheers