Welcome To All Guests And Possible New Members

Hi guys, and ladies,

Became a member a few days ago, and wondered what took me so long! What a great forum. All my favourite topics, locations and styles are here and the posts have an almost family vibe. Thnk you for allowing me to become a member. I'll do my best to contribute without pontificating (only Popes allowed to pontificate, anyway) and I'm looking forward to many years of continued learning in this ever changing pastime.

Cheers,

Nursie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Recently joined, I have fished around Sydney and Central coast for 40 years but now live on the Gold Coast. Need to learn the local area all over again, just wondering if there are any Gold Coasters using this site? No luck with Snapper up here yet, any clues and advice would be welcome?

cheers

59rory

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I just moved to NSW last week and was introduced to this forum by my boss, which whom I'm fishing the Hawkesburry. Being German, I'm not really used to saltwater fishing and definately have to learn quite a lot ;)

I just started browsing through the forum, but appreciate the friendliness and the thoroughly explained tactics, y'all use to track and fish these enormous beasts ;) and are willing to share with others!

Will definately write about my experiences as soon as I managed to catch something except for the occasional snapper!

Cheers, Benito

• 2 months later...

hello to everybody and thanks for accepting my application,i wont put my age in as i dont want keep reminding myself how old i realy am,i live in Adelaide in the southern suburbs and enyoy both salt and freshwater fishing and enjoy camping whenever i can,[using my old 1976 VW kombi].I have 4 grandsons who also like to fish and often invite themselves along on my campjng trips but thats ok.I look forward to reading and sometimes posting a comment on your forum pages about any of my trips and catches REGARDS AND THANKS CHRIS TAYLOR :thumbup:

Hi Chris (Khombi), welcome to fishraider...it's a gr8 site. I live in the Riverina (NSW) and fish in SA each year. Have been to Marion Bay (Wedge Island) and Cape Jervis where we have had plenty of success. We reckon SA is fishing Mecca and are looking at booking for early next year. I'll look fwd to reading ur posts with interest. Cheers, Neil.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I joined this site in the hope of learning more about fishing to enrich my experience (and catches). I'd describe my fishing ability as novice although years of watching fishing shows (and actual fishing) has definitely helped. I enjoy dangling a line for the sake of dangling a line. Hope to see all of you in the forum.

Nbdshroom

Edited by nbdshroom

Hi All,

I joined this site in the hope of learning more about fishing to enrich my experience (and catches). I'd describe my fishing ability as novice although years of watching fishing shows (and actual fishing) has definitely helped. I enjoy dangling a line for the sake of dangling a line. Hope to see all of you in the forum.

Nbdshroom

:1welcomeani: to the site.

Your fishing achievements will only improve now!

Looking forward to future reports.

Cheers,

Grant.

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

Im a new member so i thought i would drop in and say hello :)

I used to do a lot of fishing 25 years ago but work and circumstances and whatever...... fishing fell by the wayside. I had a 4.9m Markham Whaler which was awesome. My kids are now young adults and they have spurned the fishing instinct in me again. We recently have done a few trips to places like The Spit, Nepean River and yep, you guessed, im hooked. (lol)

My first time out again after 20 odd years and i couldnt even cast, though, after the 5th attempt it was getting way better. I cant believe how much the fishing scene has changed, new tackle, some amazing rods and reels. Everything is so much improved.

I used to do a lot of fishing for Trout at lake Oberon, but i was devastated to read about Redfin Perch. To me, thats bad news :(

I have a partially disabled son that has difficulty walking over uneven surfaces so beach fishing is hard, rock fishing is not even remotely possible so im restricted to places like The Spit, Sydney Wharfs and easily accessable areas. We just recently had a great morning catching little mullet and some timy 6 inch fish that may have been some sort of perch, using bread and corn at the Nepean. What a ball....just being out there having fun. I missed the Old Man as he passed away 20 year ago which is around the same time i stopped fishing. But the time has come......Now my kids are getting me back into it :)

Anyone that knows Steve Warne from "Team Ungry", a well known off shore game fisheman, im his younger brother, though not even close top being as skillful as he is.

Anyways, I wont bore you any longer, just wanted to say hi, i figure after lurking and reading for a few weks that it was about the time i made a post.

Cheers all :)

Edited by Snooks

Welcome to Fishraider Snooks. It must be a real eye opener getting back into fishing after such a long spell away from it. A bit like not having driven for 20 odd years and stepping into a modern vehicle. Anyway good luck when you get out again, we'll look forward to reading your posts. P S don't forget to take a camera so you can post pictures of your family catches. Cheers, Neil.

Hi Guys,

Im a new member so i thought i would drop in and say hello :)

I used to do a lot of fishing 25 years ago but work and circumstances and whatever...... fishing fell by the wayside. I had a 4.9m Markham Whaler which was awesome. My kids are now young adults and they have spurned the fishing instinct in me again. We recently have done a few trips to places like The Spit, Nepean River and yep, you guessed, im hooked. (lol)

My first time out again after 20 odd years and i couldnt even cast, though, after the 5th attempt it was getting way better. I cant believe how much the fishing scene has changed, new tackle, some amazing rods and reels. Everything is so much improved.

I used to do a lot of fishing for Trout at lake Oberon, but i was devastated to read about Redfin Perch. To me, thats bad news :(

I have a partially disabled son that has difficulty walking over uneven surfaces so beach fishing is hard, rock fishing is not even remotely possible so im restricted to places like The Spit, Sydney Wharfs and easily accessable areas. We just recently had a great morning catching little mullet and some timy 6 inch fish that may have been some sort of perch, using bread and corn at the Nepean. What a ball....just being out there having fun. I missed the Old Man as he passed away 20 year ago which is around the same time i stopped fishing. But the time has come......Now my kids are getting me back into it :)

Anyone that knows Steve Warne from "Team Ungry", a well known off shore game fisheman, im his younger brother, though not even close top being as skillful as he is.

Anyways, I wont bore you any longer, just wanted to say hi, i figure after lurking and reading for a few weks that it was about the time i made a post.

Cheers all :)

Welcome to Fishraider mate. Sounds like fishing runs in your veins. You will really enjoy this site with so many passionate fishos happy to share their experiences! I look forward to you reporting yours. Tight lines!

Cheers scratchie!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody my name is Stuart and I have just joined up today and would like to thank you for letting me onboard. I'm 54yrs old and I live down Minto way, love fishing when I can and used to be a very enthusiastic rock fisherman however due to my time in the Army and to much park soccer and other injuries I can no longer rock hop and even the beach takes it out of my feet. With no boat of my own I have to rely on jetties or other easily accessable places to fish, but if any of you need someone to pitch in with fuel and bait costs for your boat I'm more than happy to do that and I don't complain and don't get sick.

I haven't fished for about a year but will be fishing on Monday with my brother probably down Tom Ugly's bridge or somewhere around there, if anyone has fished around there recently can you tell me if you got a catch and what bait,time of day etc, cheers to everyone.

Stu

Thankyou Swordfishman, I have been reading up and checking your video from Bali back in 2012, I'm very jelous. My target fish used to be a good sized snapper however I did get one around the 4kg mark and now I would love to tackle a Kingfish or Mahi Mahi, I like to keep what I catch but obviously it would have to be legal size and I wouldn't want to have to many of the same. Would love for somebody to teach how and where to catch mud crabs and squid also since they both go well with the chilli I grow at home,lol

Stu

PS the clock is wrong and why does it say Pilchard above my avatar, it's not a good look for my beloved Sharks,lol

Edited by Stunami

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Afternoon Everyone, I am new to the site and new to NSW.., A born and bred Queenslander.. I have no Idea about the fishing down here to be honest, But looking forward to seeing what is on offer.

Thanks Garyb

Afternoon Everyone, I am new to the site and new to NSW.., A born and bred Queenslander.. I have no Idea about the fishing down here to be honest, But looking forward to seeing what is on offer.

Thanks Garyb

Welcome to fishraider Gazz

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Just recently moved to Sydney from Brisbane and would love to meet and join up with fishing groups/buddy's to explore this new city!!

I'm up for any types of fishing providing you educate me in the process..LOL

Hope to meet some of you soon

Kevin

Hi all

Just recently moved to Sydney from Brisbane and would love to meet and join up with fishing groups/buddy's to explore this new city!!

I'm up for any types of fishing providing you educate me in the process..LOL

Hope to meet some of you soon

Kevin

You will be welcomed with open arms Kev