Clifton Gardens Tomroo

dazzassj6

yeh it was crap today i didnt even get one fish! i hooked up a frigate on my metal lure but that was ab0ut it cuz the reel came off hte rod and then i lost the tension on the line and then it got away

>______<

clifton sucks, this is the 4th time it disapointed me. I reakon the fishes there are too smart cuz they know the difference between food and bait

Hey Huntman!

Keep persisiting mate! The kingys arent in there no's, an huge schools like they were approx 3+ weeks ago, but they still do cruise through there looking for a out of place squid or yakka!!!!

So keep it high up in the water, to avoid the peckers, an you stand a good chance of picking up a cruising kingy with a tailing mate or two!

Dan an Greg

PS David my brother will be nearby working so no fishing for him,,,,, grrrrrrr,,,, but Im sure he will be looking for a guy with a green bucket chockers

Edited by Dan and Greg

I was down at cg two monday's ago and managed 2 kings...both about 57cm (released of course). heaps of figates and bonito around and even a couple of spotted mackerell. fresh squid and light line seems to be the key for the kingies. good luck.

I'm going to try again this week, got some good tips from people on how to improve my chances. Last friday I had live/fresh squid under a float for about 6 hours for nothing though, and the two weeks before that were similar stories, so I'm trying to refine the techniques.

One positive is that I have no troubles at all getting fresh squid even when they aren't about in big numbers - I've taken about 10 in two outings, even got one on a little metal lure meant for bonito.

I've been tempted to just book a charter or something so I can catch a king and go back to getting some sleep, but I kinda want to do it properly myself :P

I've been taking two rods, and leaving the float one by itself and fishing strips of squid floated down, no sinker. I was using heavy line one of the times (10kg) I think I'm going to try to use 5kg from now one. Is mono ok or should I use braid? I'd have no idea how to tie a leader.

I think I got on the bandwagon a little late, missed all the kings by one or two weeks. I'm going to keep trying throughout march, was thinking of posting my experiences in a thread :\

Thanks for all the advice :)

I've been taking two rods, and leaving the float one by itself and fishing strips of squid floated down, no sinker. I was using heavy line one of the times (10kg) I think I'm going to try to use 5kg from now one. Is mono ok or should I use braid? I'd have no idea how to tie a leader.

I think I got on the bandwagon a little late, missed all the kings by one or two weeks. I'm going to keep trying throughout march, was thinking of posting my experiences in a thread :\

Thanks for all the advice :)

My rig for clifton is. 4lb fireline, tied to 10lbs fluorocarbon about 2meter long. Tie the fireline to the fluoro using improved albright. Sure you get busted off once in a while when the king decides to swim to the pylons, but you do get more hits than other people using 30lb-50lbs leader. with practice and perseverance you'll bound to land one from there.

I wounder who taught you all those ideas mario and aloosh. lol.... Listen to these two mate, Clifton was almost our 2nd home when the fishing was hot. Spent more time in clifton compared to uni. lo those were fun days

regards

Darryl

I wounder who taught you all those ideas mario and aloosh. lol.... Listen to these two mate, Clifton was almost our 2nd home when the fishing was hot. Spent more time in clifton compared to uni. lo those were fun days

regards

Darryl

Yes master ! :1prop:

regards

Darryl

Lol Daryl! How are ya mate :D. dude what you've taught me is what's made my kingie landing % on the wharf increase tenfold lol. aaah the good old days. miss them dearly.

get ur ass back to sydney :|

Guest dicko1

i'll be heading down 2moro arvo if any1 wants to have a fish

yeah mate i might be down there from about 330-430... see you there ay!

Guest dicko1

na not gonna make it this arvo anymore, got caught up at uni. Give us a yell next time you going down kingsrule and i'l be there for sure. Let us know how u go! I'l be down there 2mo morn for a bit if any one else is gonna be there come say hi!