Mystery Captures Inside Port Stephens

kw367

Question

13 answers to this question

Just wondering mate, where abouts did you catch them?

I have fished portstevons for about 8-9 years and have never seen one caught inside the bay??

cheers james

PJ caught the Wrasse off Sandy Point and the Grinner off Corlette Point (near the Anchorage). Got another Grinner there about a year ago also! Can you tell me any more about your mates Bayliner 2250? (I've got a 2050). Mine is the only one I,ve seen with a bait station on the back! :biggrin2:

PJ caught the Wrasse off Sandy Point and the Grinner off Corlette Point (near the Anchorage). Got another Grinner there about a year ago also! Can you tell me any more about your mates Bayliner 2250? (I've got a 2050). Mine is the only one I,ve seen with a bait station on the back! :biggrin2:

Yep it has a 5liter iinboard mercruiser 260hp from memory

Looks pretty similar to most other bayliners although theres only 4 of this model in australia.

Has a full transom board with lader, bowrider style with seats in each corner at the back, back-2-back driver and passenger seats and the seats at the front.

All seats have storage underneath, top riding was heading into 35plus knot winds across nelson bay and it gets messy there, handled no probs.

Has 3 ski hooks on the back and a wake pole, digital gauges with a teak wood look finish, carpeted deck.

He was saying a few months ago he is looking at selling it and getting a bigger boat, if you would like me to i can call him too see if he is selling it.

Olive green and white sides, single axel trailer with for 14inch mag wheels.

cheers james

Edited by james1990

Yep it has a 5liter iinboard mercruiser 260hp from memory

Looks pretty similar to most other bayliners although theres only 4 of this model in australia.

Has a full transom board with lader, bowrider style with seats in each corner at the back, back-2-back driver and passenger seats and the seats at the front.

All seats have storage underneath, top riding was heading into 35plus knot winds across nelson bay and it gets messy there, handled no probs.

Has 3 ski hooks on the back and a wake pole, digital gauges with a teak wood look finish, carpeted deck.

He was saying a few months ago he is looking at selling it and getting a bigger boat, if you would like me to i can call him too see if he is selling it.

Olive green and white sides, single axel trailer with for 4inch mag wheels.

cheers james

Was just curious, thanks James. Mine'll do me for now!

post-3557-1173347497_thumb.jpg

Just wondering mate, where abouts did you catch them?

I have fished portstevons for about 8-9 years and have never seen one caught inside the bay??

cheers james

Off Corlette is a small broken reef, about 30 metres out from the shore where a small stormwater drain empties at a little sandy beach, if you drove by car it's just before the small group of shops where the hardware store is.

there are plenty of wrasse (butchers unsavoury characters) and red rock cod.

If your too far out you will get shovelnose sharks off the sand, keep coming in till the wrasse start.

Pretty easy to find.

CYA

Geoff

Guest IFishSick.

If you're going for Jewies I think a live or fresh squid off the bottom is best.

This is because we did the same as you James. Baits on the bottom are easy for them to eat, but a raised bait isn't.

If you're going for Jewies I think a live or fresh squid off the bottom is best.

This is because we did the same as you James. Baits on the bottom are easy for them to eat, but a raised bait isn't.

Tried EVERYTHING, tried various baits dead/live, various depths from bottom to about 2 meters off, the shovels freenzy up that way.

Al ways there so if you have a bad day switch over to 6lb gear and chase them.

cheers james