Which Way To Vote?

Penguin

Hopefully when your mob put in the Hawkesbury bioregion marine park they will all be down the eastern suberbs.

Enjoy!!!

So who is my so called mob?

If my comments re a suicidal former opposition leader offended u then I apologise.

However I stick by what I said,He was unfit and probably still is to head any political party

in Australia.

penguin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets hope that the shooters party retain their seat otherwise there will be NO ONE representing the interests of outdoor recreation be it fishing, hunting, camping, 4 wheel driving etc. The greens will be able to do whatever they want :ranting2::action-smiley-073:

Edited by gio

Lets hope that the shooters party retain their seat otherwise there will be NO ONE representing the interests of outdoor recreation be it fishing, hunting, camping, 4 wheel driving etc. The greens will be able to do whatever they want :ranting2::action-smiley-073:

gio mate,its my understanding that the shooters party cant lose thier seat in the Upper House,

They are actually going for a 2nd seat.Robert Brown MLC is in till 2011.

I think from memory of reading one of John Tingles articles years ago in the SSAA mag,

It stated that in the Upper House when u get elected in, u are in for 2 terms b4 your seat

is up for grabs again.

penguin

Edited by penguin

gio mate,its my understanding that the shooters party cant lose thier seat in the Upper House,

They are actually going for a 2nd seat.Robert Brown MLC is in till 2011.

I think from memory of reading one of John Tingles articles years ago in the SSAA mag,

It stated that in the Upper House when u get elected in, u are in for 2 terms b4 your seat

is up for grabs again.

penguin

Penguin.

This might help, from the Electoral Commission website.....

Legislative Council

Elections for the Legislative Council are known as periodic Council elections.

The Constitution Act 1902 provides that the Legislative Council shall consist of 42 members elected to serve a maximum of two terms (8 years) of the parliament. The Legislative Council is constituted so that at each State election (every 4 years) half of the 42 members have served their two terms of parliament and must retire or stand for re-election. The Legislative Council has 21 members serving their first of two terms and 21 members serving their second and final term in parliament.

The Constitution Act 1902 provides that the date of a periodic Council election shall be the same as that for the general election of Members of the Legislative Assembly.

The Members of the Legislative Council represent the whole of New South Wales. Electors can vote for all the candidates they wish to represent them in the Council.

I am not sure what part of the cycle the shooters party are in though.

Hope that helped.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Hi Robbie,

Robert Brown here.

the Administrators have let me in, so perhaps I can offer some insight.

At each State election, there are 21 Legislative Council ( Upper House) seats up for grabs.

This time around, the continuing members are;

Labor 10; L/NP 7; Greens 2,

CDP 1, TSP 1 ( me).

At the close of counting yesterday, and if the percentages stay fairly stable, then I predict the following...

Labor 9 ( +10 = 19)

L/NP 8 ( +7 = 15)

Green 2 ( +2 = 4)

Christian DP 1 ( + 1= 2)

TSP 1 ( +1 =2)

The Labor Party, being in Government will most likely have a Labor person appointed as President of the Legislative Council (called The Speaker in the Lower House).

That will bring the votes on the floor of the LC to 18 vs 15, with 4x Greens (the Darksiders) vs. four of "us".

The only dark cloud on this is either Labor or L/NP not getting 19 or 15 respectively, which will probably mean the last seat going to the Australian Democrats ( Arthur Chesterfield-Evans). He has ALWAYS voted with the Greens.

If both majors fall short, then the AAFI candidate ( of whom I know nothing) may get elected.

A factor in all of these guesses ( and that's all they are) is the number/% of preferences cast by the voters on their ballot sheets.

In 2003, it was only 67,000 or 1.7%. So 98%+ of voters simply voted above the line and then got out of the booth as quickly as possible.

Because both Labor and the Liberal Party seem a tad unpopular, then this trend may increase.

I've seen a lot of "heat" on this forum and others about TSP supporting fishermen. If you guys want to look at where I stand, go and have a look at Hansard (by Member), and read my maiden speech (June 2006 I think).

I guess most of you ( like most shooters, 4WDers, etc.) aren't really interested in politics for 3.75 out of every four years, so it will be interesting to see where all of this leads in the early months of 2011.

I guess also that my track record will just have to stand on its own at that time.

In the mean time, and irrespective of how the balance in the Upper House pans out, I will try to protect your "common" interests.

Thanks for letting me contribute, this is a very professional site.

Robert Brown.

Congratulations i truly hope you guys get another seat. I just held my breath for a second i thought you may have been the other robert brown aka Senator Bob Brown the federal leader of our "friends" :chair: the Greens, very relieved that its you. You had my vote yesterday and if not for a law exam tommorow i would have been at the polling booths handing out flyers, nonetheless i managed to convince some friends and family members who dont fish, hunt and shoot to give you guys a vote. I changed my user name on msn to "Vote 1 Shooters Party, above the line for the upper house, on March 24th". Cheers and all the best with results

Regards John

Edited by gio

• 2 weeks later...

what does the shooters party actually want done about gun laws may I ask?

to legalise semi-autos and pump-actions again or something?

Btw everyone, as I understand it, Bob debus, a labour minsiter for the enviroment, was instrumental in organising money for lots of comm fishing license buy-backs. He stopped when the money dried up, and wanted to get some of them out of pittwater as well.

what does the shooters party actually want done about gun laws may I ask?

to legalise semi-autos and pump-actions again or something?

Btw everyone, as I understand it, Bob debus, a labour minsiter for the enviroment, was instrumental in organising money for lots of comm fishing license buy-backs. He stopped when the money dried up, and wanted to get some of them out of pittwater as well.

I don't think thats right. The buy backs were carried out by the Dep. of Primary Industries. The number of rec havens was capped at 30. I don't think that this was because 'the money ran out' but to keep the commercial industry viable.

• 1 month later...

I'll be voting Labour and the shooters party! I personally believe after some research that the shooters party has it more together then other minority parties and will look after outdoorsmen (shooters, fishermen 4wders horse riders etc) Far better then any other outdoors party.

I wont be voting liberal because a) I don't like my local lib candidate and B) Peter Debmen isn't a great candidate that does not offer better (in fact far worse) policies then Labour.

yeh i will always vote the same way..main reson little johnnies ir laws and gst...

• 6 months later...

I'm a working Australian and would be prepared to give up my passion "fishing" just to give that dictator Jonny Howard the fair dismissal he deserves. May he get humiliated at the coming election. He deserves nothing less.

He scares the daylights out of the braindead people with his 17% interest garbage.

When we had 17%, America had 15%. The whole world had high interest rates. Does this horrible lying bast@rd expect us to believe he would've kept interest rates low in that climate??? PLEASE!

Then there's his I.R. dream. An absolute insult to me and my children. To dismantle the conditions we fought long and hard for is insulting to say the least. Who could forget this dictator threatening the attendees of the I.R. rally with a $22,000 fine.

I will never forget this horrible man and pray for working Australians to wake up before they work saturdays and sundays with no penalties, no leave loading, no RDO's and worst of all.....less pay!

Cheers

Red

I'm a working Australian and would be prepared to give up my passion "fishing" just to give that dictator Jonny Howard the fair dismissal he deserves. May he get humiliated at the coming election. He deserves nothing less.

He scares the daylights out of the braindead people with his 17% interest garbage.

When we had 17%, America had 15%. The whole world had high interest rates. Does this horrible lying bast@rd expect us to believe he would've kept interest rates low in that climate??? PLEASE!

Then there's his I.R. dream. An absolute insult to me and my children. To dismantle the conditions we fought long and hard for is insulting to say the least. Who could forget this dictator threatening the attendees of the I.R. rally with a $22,000 fine.

I will never forget this horrible man and pray for working Australians to wake up before they work saturdays and sundays with no penalties, no leave loading, no RDO's and worst of all.....less pay!

Cheers

Red

must agree there mate.

It is quite a joke isn't it.

Why is it that the howard government aim their advertising campaigns at the interest rates of the Labor Government 'in the past' and their party members consisting of union officials?

Is it no surprise to the Australian public that there are so many union members in the party due to the fact of wanting to get into power to help bring back what people deserve, what workchoices took away from these 'working families'. Personally I think it's great that there are so many people who were former union officials, because these men and women were actually involved in employment and seeing what workplaces are like aswell as what things such as penalty rates, over time, loading etc mean to the employees of all industries...not exactly sure if you could classify being a politician employment either. Howard rants on about his ongoing skills in managing the economy and that no matter who would be in power, interest rates would be on the rise and fluctuate as they have done in the past. Ironically enough, he had claimed that he would keep them low when now he admittedly explains "we dont have complete control over interest rates". Again isn't it ironic that these interest rates are going up when howard says interest rates will be lower under him...one of the major factors of late of interest rate rises were the constant 'remarkably high levels of high unemployment' that Howard seems to brag about time and time again with his government.

Let's all think back to Howard's "I will not introduce the GST" line. Yep, we saw that coming, got so far into it that no one could do anything about it, can't reverse the GST now. And look at it, some may seem to appreciate the GST and say "you know what the GST aint so bad after all"...till someone tells them the following: NSW contributes one of the highest margins in GST to the federal government, but don't receive half of that in return back from the federal treasury...bit unfair I think.

Back to Howard's bragging about the economy and his so called "economic management" with his 'great' government. Why does it seem like businesses and those in upper management are always more well off than the ordinary small business or labourer? Because Howard implements policies, whether we are directly aware of it or not, which advantage larger businesses and of course enhancing out economy at the expense of the lower income earners.

I found another thing quite ironic today...someone correct me if I'm wrong on this too, but if my memory serves me well, the Liberal government were criticising actions of Mr. Rudd's wife some time ago, trying to force a bit of dirt onto Kevin himself in the process. Today in answering a question after his national press conference final speech, Mr. Howard emphasised that the actions taken by the individuals, namely those who were involved in the recent incident in the electorate of Lindsay, had to take responsibility for their own actions, with their spouses having no involvement and shouldn't be taking any blame for it. Ironic isn't it, that howard could say this yet in the past attempt to rub dirt onto Mr. Rudd by means of the actions of his wife.

On a final note, everyone who watched the great debate, just look back and remember how many times Howard avoided the questions he was being asked with Mr. Rudd constantly reminding the viewers, "again Mr. Howard you didn't answer the question..."

It's a long argument and a long debate, I'm glad you pointed out what you did Red, I commend you on that mate, especially your awareness to people on the interest rates factor.

David

Edited by AmateurDave

Its all a load of crap isnt it? The funny thing is that when JH was treasurer under Fraser, interest rates were sky-high, and at that point in time, the treasurer actually fixed interest rates and the exchange rate. So i dont buy all this interest rate stuff - its really global effects that make the biggest impact.

I just want to see visionary leadership not backward ultra conservative leadership. Can't wait toill its over, really, im totally sick of ads. Weve been bombarded with them for too damn long.

Howard actually gave us 22% interest rates when he was Treasurer in 1981. The home loan rates weren't that high because they were capped at 13.5% by the government. This didn't do people much good though as the banks were disinclined to lend to people at this rate!

I might launch tonight at Cooks ramp at midnight and return tomorrow night at midnight and claim a mechanical problem, breakdown at sea . A lot depends on preferences and my political alighnments dont correspond with where the preferences end up so I'm dambed if I do and dambed if I dont.

Either way I'll be fishing as often as I can, regardless of whom is *#^ing the country.

Russ

My main worry is, should the wrong side, the human carp, get into government, Australia will soon become what N.S.W has turned out to be. It's been proven every time.

The problem is that N.S.W. will not be there to be part of a new look cracked and sinking Australia, N.S.W. will be floating among the flotsam with kingfish living under it with the carp quickly taking over.

Carp will be the only fish we will be allowed to catch to save our planet from being taken over by the carp.

Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Mr Rudd has had his campaign funded by the unions, but we have not heard what they are going to want in return for their support of him, they have been kept very quite by Rudd, he has not been seen with any state leaders during this campaign, (wonder why), I think its a forgone conclusion that he will win and having the support of the greens could mean more marine parks, less 4wd ect, we can all only hope that his party does a good job regardless of his policies, dont forget guys his plan is to only abolish work choices for people earning less than 80k a year, I reckon that alot of people on this site are earning more that, people running small businesses that employ people are also looking at a 15% super payment instead of nine, so some people will get the sack potentially to cover the costs involved, just my 2 cents worth, cheers.

About preferences, you can preference however you like - you can't be forced to preference a particular way.

Have a look at:

http://www.howshouldivote.com.au/

You do a survey on your thoughts, feelings & priorities etc, and they do a match with the candidates policy and surveys, and come up with a preference list that matches your survey as closely as possible.

I can't vouch for the independence of this site, but my analysis is that it seems scientific and based on fact.

Edited by paint_stripper

My main worry is, should the wrong side, the human carp, get into government, Australia will soon become what N.S.W has turned out to be. It's been proven every time.

The problem is that N.S.W. will not be there to be part of a new look cracked and sinking Australia, N.S.W. will be floating among the flotsam with kingfish living under it, and carp quickly taking over.

Carp will be the only fish we will be allowed to catch to save our planet from being taken over by carp.

Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Come on Johnny come home.

If you live in NSW I dont know how you could consider voting for Labor. When you look at the current state of transport , hospitals, services it is crap fo a State with a booming ecconomy. NSW is mismanaged and is likely to get worse if Labour get into power as they are expecting a big input of Federal funds- it just isn't going to happen as Fed lab will owe so much in favours to it's union base and cost of government / policy change we will be stuffed. Now for the policies- not much depth in the labour stuff when you look under the surface and lots of easy outs, frankly not many policies just a lot of short grabs and cherry picking but no overall substantial plan. Now these guys have had 10 years to write policy and have spent their time back stabbing each other and blocking supply in the senate slowing down just about every policy put forward. A lot of thoughts and ideas put forward but not a ot of solid policy.

The lack of quality of people who will become ministers is obvious. Think defence, foreign policy, treasury etc. Just think all those screwed up state labor pollys maturing to do a even worse stuff up federally.

The Lab campain has been realy well executed but the faces you saw and the words you heard are unlikely to the the same ones in 6 months time as there will be an almighty clearout when the union internal knives come out on the front bench. The figurehead Rudd will be lucky to survive himself and look at who you will be left with. Lab have hidden all the grubs under the carpet and I can't believe no one has noticed them.

They have not been a good opposition and yet people are putting them forward to run the place- wonders never cease.

It is such a shame that we as the public are exposed to such crap advertising and so few people are aware of the real policies and likelyhood of them being implemented behind both parties. The press has been very average in asking hard questions and actually getting answers.

We have allowed a lightweight campain to happen and we may well end up with what we desere for being such lazy voters.

Might have move states as NSW will be a basketcase unless it is reighned in.

The way I see it is

1. We live in a country where are allowed to vote. In fact you have to!

2. We can, as the people, change the government of the day.

3. What ever party you choose to vote for do it but DO NOT WASTE YOUR VOTE by not voting!

Our duty, as the people, is to keep the balance - as someone once said "Keep the buggers honest!"

cheers

inhlanzi

The lack of quality of people who will become ministers is obvious. Think defence, foreign policy, treasury etc. Just think all those screwed up state labor pollys maturing to do a even worse stuff up federally.

Um...

Defence - Mike Kelly = ex-Army supremo, very well respected around the world

Foreign Policy - Rudd was a foreign diplomat

Treasury - well, nothing much less than the Libs had in 1996

All NSW needs is some damn $$$ from the Feds. We are the largest state by population and thus pay a lot of Fed tax, and are screaming out for better infrastucture, which costs $$$.

If you live in NSW I dont know how you could consider voting for Labor. When you look at the current state of transport , hospitals, services it is crap fo a State with a booming ecconomy. NSW is mismanaged and is likely to get worse if Labour get into power as they are expecting a big input of Federal funds

Funnily enough, NSW STILL aren't receiving the funds they inject into the Federal treasury as paint_stripper had pointed out. We've had the GST operational for hmm 7 years now, and NSW STILL aren't being allocated their portion fairly. Is it no surprise there then that the Federal Treasury, or even a Federal Labor Government, would feel the need to assist the NSW economy and give them the money they put in to the Federal Treasury. Then again it is about the entire Australian economy when it comes to Federal elections...

When is Howard going to recognise all income earners rather than high-income earners and corporations? :1badmood: Surely one of the next steps, assuming the Howard government win the election, would be the construction of these Nuclear power plants. We all want that to happen don't we, especially when we've developed so many other forms of energy...

Edited by AmateurDave