Which Way To Vote?

I think NSW failed to remove all it's taxes and duties like it originally agreed so funding was blockaided. NSW wanted to double dip. It stands to reason that smaller states with lower populations will be carried as per head the infustructure cost is huge if the others don't top it up. Part of our tax should be done Federally. We all want better or should I say reasonable infustructure for all states not just the ones with big populations. Should all the WA mining money stay in WA- I don't think so as the befefit is also derived from all the wages over their being spent. Yes it should be spent on ports et but not only in WA.

So basically NSW hasn't got the money to have decent hospitals and transport and it is all Fedrals fault??? Pull the other one. I think there is plenty of fat in the can it is just the way it has been spent. Liberal State were bad but labor State in NSW are attrocious managers of laws, taxes and investment. The number of companies I see move out of NSW is chronic due to the way NSW is run.

I am not a nuke believer due to waste and we have about 15 min years before one would be started to be built anyway but at the moment there is no realistic energy source that can cope with industrial and peak loads other than oil, coal and gas. We just don't have the water for hydro and to have 50% of the power lost by long transmittion lines is silly and solar is a poor performer on scale. We should be useing all our energy more carefully to enable decisions on nuclear to be put off as long as possible unless the worlds carbon load goes ballistic. Hopefuly better technology will start to appear and penalties for carbon emmisions will be global.

All our politicians need a kick up the bum but the way to do it for Australias benefit is via the senate ticket.

PS Rudd was a 2 bob diplomat who the chinese seem to have no respect for and just how much experience doeshe have as a front bench minister?

We could all go on for ages. I am open but still biased as I am old enough to have lived through a couple of changes and my bias wants it to stay how it is with the edges cleaned up not a bunch of cleanskins tipping the bucket upside down and starting from scratch. We finally have some traction in world politics and I think that will be lost. I hate it being about the front bloke as it should be about the team but Labor have done a great media job having it focussed on Rudd so everyone forgets about the "good ol' boys" out back on the labor backbenches who are going to cause havok. Libs probaby aren't too upset about the front men media ideas as they have a few wallys out back and some holding hands with god etc. Federal isn't theplace for extremists from either side.

Whoever gets in they bloody well better do a good job.

Have a good weekend everyone

hi all

i feel like doin this :pokey:

from my point of view ur screwed ether way

cheers

miller

Your right Miller. Problem is there just hasn't been enough serious debate on facts as the media have followed both parties format of voting for the front man rather than the underlying people.

We are being had both ways - will any party change the electoral media laws so only factual announcements are made not hit and run slogans from both sides- I'd doubt it.

Goin fishin now

Edited by pelican

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't worry Rooster. They cannot win this time :yahoo: .

The Aussie worker has smartened up and caught on to this evil old dictator and his relentless scare campaigns. And what about the Lindsay leaflet scandal? Have you ever seen anything so evil? Here's hoping these racist dirty fools do time in jail. Criminals deserve nothing less and what they did is indeed criminal.

Then there's Costello, Abbott, Downer and Anderson. These libs are slimier than the ocean's entire population of mackerel :074: . This lot make used car salesmen look like angels :1prop: .

Yes i'm excited and counting my chickens before they've hatched so i'd like to get in early and say "Farewell Jonnie". Hope you lose your seat too :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Regards

Red

For me the Senate will be group U - the Shooters, Fishing and Rec party to shut out

the Greens and affiliated parties for as much as they can

The only way I see to stop the the total left wing bleeding heart push

Don't get me wrong I back conservation so long as it isn't a knee jerk

fashion statement that a lot things seem to be from that area of politics

The House of Reps it doesn't matter in Bankstown as it is blue ribbon labour

but I enjoy all the benefits of a healthy economy and I don't earn over $80,00

the last thing I want is to go back to the Union run work conditions of my earlier

working years, the reguar strikes every Easter and Xmas, the petrol rationing

with odd & even days when could buy fuel, being told that you had to strike

because someone was feeling precious and call the union in, BTW it was only

the worker that didn't get paid, the union reps were still getting there cash

Come Saturday let the dice roll and see where it takes us

Chris

REMINDER.

This sub forum was set up as Fisheries News & Politics...for FISHERIES NEWS and POLITICS

That is... fishing related news and politics topics.

Member's own political views and bents have no place on a fishing forum...there are plenty

of other forums to post that stuff.

Let's keep it to fishing related topics and all will be fine.

Cheers.

Pete.

Well its 100% cross the board now and as both sides agree the economy is in good shape it should be nothing but utopia from now on, as all the State & Federal governments will agree! Should be a fantastic time :1prop:

To all those that believe the union officials are going into government to fight for our rights instead of bailing on the dying system of unionism in place of a better "gig". Perhaps you may get the chance to ask them that, why when they last held government they didn’t fight for rights, wages and penalty rates for young workers at a certain Fast food chain? Or was that because the company donated million + into the party coffers (both sides). These guys are just after a softer ride, and don’t give two tossers about us.

The greens didn’t get any where near the swing they wanted, Brown is already spinning the result by labor to there way. Now as a fishing community it is imperative that we write to our newly elected representatives and let them know we/will supported them and we fish!

Edited by achjimmy