Striped Catfish Are On In The Cooks

Gdayyyyyyy Raiders ,my good mate Stillrockin had an RDO today so we decided to attack the Cooks again in earnest to have a shot at a school jew or 2.

We arrived at the ramp and this bloke looks at the boat and sees the stickers and says "FISHRAIDER IS A GREAT SITE"and I said Gdayyyy I am Swordfisherman and glad you like it :biggrin2:

Nice to meet you robeebee,I hope you and your Dad had a great day out on the bay.

Launched the boat and hit the key :ranting2: dead as a door nail :mad3: .

Two very nice gentlemen gave us a quick jump start and we were off ,thanks guys and I hope you join the site :yahoo:

We spun our butts off with big plastics and only scored a few flatties and tailor.

I was finishing one of my retrieves and bammmmmm a beautiful striped catfish smashes my lure :074: what a fight it put up on 10 lb braid :tease:

post-256-1175503359_thumb.jpg

We decided to check out the local bream population after Chef had posted up a good report yesterday.

The bites came with some small fish hitting the deck and I also scored a blackfish and a whiting on the pink smilin jack.

Later on in the day we ventured into the creek and Tom scored the fish of the day on a squidgy that went 35 cms ,nice fish indeed Tom.

We had a great day out on the water and scored 12 or 13 legal bream a heap of flatties most undersize .

Thanks Tom for another awesome day out and we will definately be trying for Mr Jew again real soon.

post-256-1175503618_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503633_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503642_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503654_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503665_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503674_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503684_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503692_thumb.jpg

post-256-1175503702_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Thanks Stewy for a good day out on the Good Ship Swordfisherman . Well what a great day ,weather good,

Tide just wright, But no Mr Jewfish,,,,, Oh well thats fishing AH!. So as Stewy said we gave the Bream a

crack & came up with a few fish........ Oh Yeah what a great Catfish :074:

You don't know what you will come up with next in Cooks

Can't wait for the next crack at Mr Jewfish

Cheers

Tom

:Funny-Post: that was the start of the legend that is Catfisherman and I am sure it will continue as I am plagued by these buggers where ever I fish :ranting2: even in places where no one has ever seen them before :mad3:

I reckon if I flicked a bait in the sink or bath I would score a catty for sure :05:

Cheers Stewy

Message for Stewy from an anonymous source!!

post-1685-1175595378_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Pete.

That's gold Pete.

They may not be able to hear him but they can smell him a mile away! :ranting2:

I've seen Stewy catch a Cattie in a spot that I have fished heaps & never seen one caught by me or my mates. He truly could catch a Cattie anywhere & he's been doing it since he was a kid! :1yikes:

Also a warning to others. When fishing with Stewy the Cattie curse can rub off. Just ask Robthefisherman what he caught at the Jewie social thanks to Stewys' expert advice! :tease::074::074:

Cheers,

Grant.

Here puss puss puss!!!!

That's gold Pete.

They may not be able to hear him but they can smell him a mile away!

I've seen Stewy catch a Cattie in a spot that I have fished heaps & never seen one caught by me or my mates. He truly could catch a Cattie anywhere & he's been doing it since he was a kid!

Also a warning to others. When fishing with Stewy the Cattie curse can rub off. Just ask Robthefisherman what he caught at the Jewie social thanks to Stewys' expert advice!

Cheers,

Grant.

Here puss puss puss!!!!

By the last line of Stewy's initial post your spot on about Stewy's Jewfish/Catfish link

we will definately be trying for Mr Jew again real soon

Note to self - take ear plugs for Entrance social incase Stewy gives tips on Jewfish secrets :1prop:

Chris

Ahh... the legend lives on! I'm surprised that you didn't hook a pelagic catfish on the marlin charter, Stewy... That's right - you gave all your strikes to Donna - that explains things :biggrin2: . Sounds like a top session on the Cooks - seems that there's been a fair bit of action there recently. That's a lovely bream that Tom landed.. on the trusty, old Squidgy wriggler too! :thumbup: :thumbup: Good to see another blackie caught on lure - did it whack the lure like mine did, Stewy?

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Ryan ,the blackie smashed it and I dont know why ? maybe a territorial thing .

Every blackfish I have hooked on lures have done the same thing :biggrin2: wish they would hit a bit more often.

Cheers Stewy

I've had exactly the same experience - thought mine was a flattie! I'd say there's definitely some truth in blackfish exhibiting territorial behaviour. I've watched some in the water chasing other competing males off.

Flattieman.

Certain times of the year they feed on worms and nippers this may be the best time to get them on SPs Have caught a few on camo worms and a big one on a 3in bass minnow fishing with Tom I reckon they are territorial as well because I once caught one on a 2in shad hooked in the mouth while chasing EPs

Nice bream there Tom