Paternoster Rig For Squid

Robbielites

I have been getting a few of tangles lately when Squidding and was wondering how others rigged their jigs.

When using a paternoster rig with Squid jigs how long do you make the boom "A" and how far do you put it above the sinker "B"

Squid.jpg

Cheers.

Robbie.

Edited by Robbielites

mate heres the way we do it,

use 3 way swivels how uve got there, total length it just over a metre the whole thing,

put a lumo light above the first jig maybe 10 or so cms

put the jigs about 30cms apart meaning from 1st jig to 2nd jig and extending out on a piece of line around 15- 20 cms long so they they can swim a little bit in the current,

the line u tie on the 3 way swivel for the jig if thats longer then the 30cm gap frm top jig to bottom jig this

is what causes tangles, u need it long enough just to give them action in the water with the current..

post-1134-1177473276_thumb.jpg

if u bring the jig out to far this is when they tangle so in simple turn,

the way uve set up your pic in the post,

boom A just say this is extending out on a piece of line say 30cms

then boom B the sinker is 30cm from the 3 way swivel this will cause tangles so there the same length

so u gotta make boom A shorter ideally half the lengh then this gives the jig plenty of action in the current

but not long enough to tangle,

GEEEEEEZ i seriously hope all that makes sense i think ive confused my self now :mad3:

cheers steve

Edited by big_steve
  • Like 1

use 3 way swivels how uve got there, total length it just over a metre the whole thing,

put the jigs about 30cms apart meaning from 1st jig to 2nd jig and extending out on a piece of line around 15- 20 cms long so they they can swim a little bit in the current,

the line u tie on the 3 way swivel for the jig if thats longer then the 30cm gap frm top jig to bottom jig this

is what causes tangles, u need it long enough just to give them action in the water with the current..

then boom B the sinker is 30cm from the 3 way swivel this will cause tangles so there the same length

so u gotta make boom A shorter ideally half the lengh then this gives the jig plenty of action in the current

GEEEEEEZ i seriously hope all that makes sense i think ive confused my self now :mad3:

cheers steve

You speaking English Steve ?? :074:

I understood your explanation above the diagram, nice diagram BTW, but you lost me when you started talking about the boom boom Boris Becker stuff. I get the jist though :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

cheers steve

This is a case of de-ja-vu I was watching a fishing show on Foxtel last night (Hooked with #%$%^&(*) and that was the exact rig he was using to catch squid in Middle Harbour, they even hooked a 70cm Flathead which ate a squid they caught on that rig.