Elegant Update

Jethro

After a few delays the new 4.3m Elegant is now well under way and all going well should be here by the end of the month. :1clap::icon_peace:

Heres a couple of photos of the work in progress.

post-44-1100557096_thumb.jpg

post-44-1100557150_thumb.jpg

post-44-1100557232_thumb.jpg

post-44-1100557281_thumb.jpg

You can see why I picked this over a Hornet. :biggrin2:

I went up to visit Raffi last weekend to finalise the deck layout and ended up adding another $2.5k to the bill with rod lockers, tackle storage, under floor fuel, etc, etc. But hey if you are going to do it you may as well do it properly :icon_peace: .

Yeah I'm a little bit excited :icon_peace::1Lighten::1clap::drool:

The colour took me ages to decide since the missus (ex) no longer has a say in the colour :biggrin2:.

It was going to go the dark blue that the XR^'s are coming out (I think its called Ford Blueprint) but Breamaholic beat me to it with the front of his boat. :1prop:

So now I have decided on a colur called Viola Vamp metallic, its a metallic purple. Hope it comes out ok.

All in time for Christmas, nothing like spoiling yourself! I'd be excited too. Hope you get many years of great fishing out of her.

Jethro, what’s your choice of motor and what areas can we expect to see your new rig in action on the water.

Martin - I ended up going with a 4st 50hp Yammi. I live on the Central Coast but I will be fishing a few ABT's this year and all going well a couple of the socials in Sydney.

On any given weekend you will find me on lake Macquarie, Tuggerah Lakes or the Hawkesbury. I have got a lot of exploring to do :1clap:

G'day Swof

Raffi recons that it will weigh between 600 - 650kg and I will be towing it with a 2.2L Vectra. Towing should be fine but pulling her out of a ramp might be a different story. I will have to see how I go.

I spoke to a guy who has a 4.5m with a braked trailer and he used to tow it with an old Skyline so the Vectra should be ok

I spoke to Raffi earlier today and he is going to pick the motor up on Thursday so she should be ready next week. :1clap::icon_peace::1clap:

So when are you going to introduce me to Jews on SP Swoff??????