2 Pb's On Sp's @ Iron Cove

Hi guys,

This is my first post.....been reading fishraider forums for awhile now but been waiting for the right catch to post!!...so anyways here it goes!!!

Fished IC Land Based near the Victoria Rd bridge yesterday afternoon for about 45 mins before sundown. I wasnt expecting much from this session because the last few times I had been out before had been slow with only the odd flatties to show for...(im guessing is because the water temp is dropping??)...

However this session was different....I was fishing a 2" power grub in pumkinseed (been marinating it in the juices of a finished camo worms packet) with a 1/16oz jig head.

1st cast got a good bite and was on ...only to drop the fish meters away...wasnt able too see what it was but felt like a legal flattie...

2nd cast jig jig...jig jig...then bang...im on again...couldnt guess the fish on its kicks...it made a couple of good runs and one right next to the shore...and when I pulled it in I was stoked to see a PB whiting on sp's...she went 35cm and i was really impressed on how hard it hit the lure!!!...took a couple of pics and released her to make another fisherman happy!!! :1prop:

post-4329-1179398860_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1179398747_thumb.jpg

3rd cast and I was on again...small flattie about 33cm...promptly put him back and was thinking to myself this is turing out to be a great session...3casts - 3 bites - 2 fish!!!

4th cast and i was wiggling the power grub and then when the line went slack on a drop it suddenly ran to the right...I struck and was on to a solid fish...a few seconds later I saw a flash of silver..good bream i thought...then the fish saw my ugly face and ran for home...when it ran it didnt feel like bream i have caught before..the kicks were more pulsing as if it were sideways and after several runs, that tested my 4lb leader and knots out, and following the fish up an down the shore .....up came my 2nd PB on sp's for the session...a 40cm silver trev!!! :biggrin2:

post-4329-1179398761_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1179398778_thumb.jpg

the trev was released and I was a happy camper!!!...those trevs can really test your light gear!!!...the session continued with several more flatties landed up to the 45cm mark...until the sun went down and I called it quits!!!

all in all I couldnt complain with 2 PB's on sp's

:yahoo:

:1welcomeani: to the site Plastic Fantastic

Great to see a 'lurker' come out to join the forum.

Great job on the whiting and trevally - 40cm on 4lb leader!! :1worthy:

And soaking the grubs in Gulp juice - brilliant!

welcome to the site and wat a great session plastic fantastic! Yeh i love that spot, i didnt know that would attack SP i only go bait fishing there though. So where you fishing under the bridge on the le montage(the resturant) side or the opposite side(UTS rowers club)?

And soaking the grubs in Gulp juice - brilliant!

Like every1 else...I find that the gulps..which every they may be, worms, minnows, grubs, simply just get picked off too easily by lil ones and they loose there action!!!...and this tends to get anoying!!

The power grubs and drop shot minnows..etc last that bit longer...but I let you know how my following sessions go with this method!!!

I wonder if you can buy a gulp juice scent spray??

Thats awesome mate! :thumbup: well done, I am heading out to IC tomorrow night for a land based bash with a few mates - might see you there. congrats on the pb's

if the weather permits I'll be heading down after work say 16:30 for another session before sundown!!...if you guys are fishing at that time maybe we'll bump into each other!!

welcome to the site and wat a great session plastic fantastic! Yeh i love that spot, i didnt know that would attack SP i only go bait fishing there though. So where you fishing under the bridge on the le montage(the resturant) side or the opposite side(UTS rowers club)?

Hi David,

I was fishing close to the victoria rd bridge part of IC (Iron Cove bridge itself)....city side!!!

Hi PF and :1welcomeani:

That sounds like a good session, 40cm trev on 4lb is a serious catch :thumbup:

Trevs certainly do go hard. Good to see the 2" grubs doing it for you. Bloodworm is my favourite colour when the water is a bit clearer, just adds a bit of flash.

All PB's are good but 2 in one session is fantastic :thumbup:

Cheers

BM