All The Weed You Need

mrmoshe

Well....went down to Narra Lake today twice to collect enough weed for the blackie social.

Scored a nice batch on the first visit and even better on the second trip this afternoon.

There should now be enough weed for all attendees as well as plenty left over for burley.

On the second visit, I found a nice patch of lovely green stuff way out on it's own with a lot

of browned off weed around it. Just as well the social is on this weekend as I don't think the quality would have been there in a week's time.

As I said in an earlier post, it was under a casurina tree and was full of twigs and ribbon weed and was a bugger to pick clean, but was worth the effort in the end.

It's nice green stringy weed and should stay on the hook well.

It's all packed up now in a plastic lined polystyrene box in 5 layers with wet newspaper in between, so it should be in great nick for the weekend.

Here are the pics of the blackie tucker and the last one of it all packed away ready for Coollamon to pick up on Thursday morning. It's in a cool place in my garage and nice and wet with water collected from the same place I got the weed from.

I hope you all get onto at least one fish each and I'm sure it will be a great weekend for all socialites.

Hopefully, Stewy will call me on saturday with a progress report to post up for those (like me) who can't make it.

Have a great weekend Raiders and nail plenty of those great fighting fish.

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-1180426137_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1180426459_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1180426483_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1180426505_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1180426532_thumb.jpg

Edited by MallacootaPete

Pete

You have gone above & Beyond the call of Fishraider Top Person - I know how painful it can be pulling the crap out of stormwater drain weed! That looks absolutely perfect!

You can sometimes find weed in the lake here, but have to wade thru knee deep mud to get to it & no guarantee there will be any there when you do! Hopefully later on some will re-appear!

Yeeha!! Bring it on!! Us blackie fishers are a more reserved lot, eh???

Cheerio

Roberta

Caught this one this morning in my yak - it went 35cm! Noice Fush!

post-2231-1180426935_thumb.jpg

Great effort Pete :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

that weed looks good,i was planning to get down there thursday morning to fill a big bucket before i head up but now ill only pick a little extra now youve got it covered.. by the way was that from that same spot you put me onto a few weeks back ;) ..

sorry you couldnt make it pete but im sure there will be plenty of pics and posts of all having a good time,and maybe even catch a few fish :074: ...

nice luderick there roberta, i cant wait to get into them. see you up there guys

Great effort Pete :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

that weed looks good,i was planning to get down there thursday morning to fill a big bucket before i head up but now ill only pick a little extra now youve got it covered.. by the way was that from that same spot you put me onto a few weeks back ;) ..

sorry you couldnt make it pete but im sure there will be plenty of pics and posts of all having a good time,and maybe even catch a few fish :074: ...

nice luderick there roberta, i cant wait to get into them. see you up there guys

Yes mate...but a little further along than last time...That spot had mostly brown crap that was on it's last legs....further around had a few nice green patches that were in the shade of those casurina trees that hang over and that saved the day....Grab another bucketfull if you like...about 50 metres from the footbridge right under those trees...but be quick as it's on the wane pretty fast.

There should be plenty that I got today but the more the merrier, especially as burley will be needed by all attendees anyway.

Hope you get onto a few thumpers like Roberta has been scoring lately...She even get's 'em to smile at her now LOL :074:

Pete.

Pete

You must be stacking on your karma points :1prop:

with this one and good to see your out and about a

bit more

I hope your next :1fishing1: outing is rewarding

How long before you'll be right to attend a social

Chris

Edited by Chris 55

Pete

You must be stacking on your karma points :1prop:

with this one and good to see your out and about a

bit more

I hope your next :1fishing1: outing is rewarding

How long before you'll be right to attend a social

Chris

G'day Chris...if it's a Sydney based one, no probs...just that the doc, said no long trips yet.

Hopefully all is OK now, but work got in the way on this one anyway so no go for me.

I'm fishing locally now in narra lake...just a hop, step & jump from home there and keeps me happy.

Pete.

Hmmmm, could this also be Pete's cunning way of playing a part in the capture of most of the fish this weekend??? If so, :biggrin2::1yikes::thumbup::yahoo:

As Stewy says

A true Fishraider in every sense of the word!! A gentleman and a scholar!

Cheers

Roberta

Hmmmm, could this also be Pete's cunning way of playing a part in the capture of most of the fish this weekend??? If so, :biggrin2::1yikes::thumbup::yahoo:

As Stewy says

A true Fishraider in every sense of the word!! A gentleman and a scholar!

Cheers

Roberta

hehehehe...there's blackies in narra lake, but they don't have smiles on their dials like yours Roberta.

More your grumpy old men types there, but some thumpers still.

Pete.

hi Guys,

well i made a decision to stop by on my way home from work to get some weed so i dont have to rush out tomorrow morning on my way up.. was bloody hard with fading light but there was plenty there but is now starting to die off, isnt that the way.. the best time of year for blackfish and the hardest time to get the weed as it dies off through winter. anyway between what pete has harvested for us , :thumbup: again pete... and the esky full i have there is more than enough to feed those hungry forster blackfish...

post-2219-1180523033_thumb.jpg post-2219-1180523082_thumb.jpg

anyhoos see you up there guys...... steve....

Edited by roosterman

Bootiful looking weed!! Anyone not up on Blackie fishing would think we were waxing lyrical about another sort of Whacky Weed!! :tease:

Listening in on conversations, you could fully understand why - Where did you get yours? Good Quality? Hard to find? Keeping it to yourself, are you?? :1prop:

The time is nigh!! Let's do some serious damage to the blackie population of Forster!!!

Yeeha!! :thumbup::yahoo::1yikes:

I know of about 4 people who were hoping to sign on to Raider & sign up to the comp just this week alone! Hope they meet the cutoff deadline??? When is the cut off deadline??

Cheers

ROberta

If you have some fresh Cabbage, bring that along as well!!! The sea run blackies still love it!! Sometimes only taking that, no matter how good the stringy weed looks & tastes!! The fish in the lake already love the weed anyway!

Edited by Roberta

hi Guys,

well i made a decision to stop by on my way home from work to get some weed so i dont have to rush out tomorrow morning on my way up.. was bloody hard with fading light but there was plenty there but is now starting to die off, isnt that the way.. the best time of year for blackfish and the hardest time to get the weed as it dies off through winter. anyway between what pete has harvested for us , :thumbup: again pete... and the esky full i have there is more than enough to feed those hungry forster blackfish...

post-2219-1180523033_thumb.jpg post-2219-1180523082_thumb.jpg

anyhoos see you up there guys...... steve....

Good on ya Steve...glad you managed a good amount too....same spot we mentioned???

I reckon the Forster blackies will be fat as fools by the end of the weekend with all this weed in their bellies.

Maybe with the leftovers...Roberta can open a FR blackie restaurant called McWeeds :074:

Two all green patties,special sauce, lettuce, hook, float, on a sesame seed bun.

Cheers,

Pete.

:Funny-Post::thumbup:

Was glad to hook up with Peta & Jill yesterday! They couldn't believe it! :1yikes: We were like sardines in a tin, fishing right next to each other, same depth, same weed & they could only manage a tiny bream.

Mind you, when I was teaching myself, it took months before I hooked my first keeper! I probably needed some of the 'other' weed to help me concentrate (or veg out) on that little bloody float bobbing along there!! :wacko:

Cheers

Roberta

• 2 weeks later...

pete any of that weed for sale for me to take to south west rocks to chase some of them blackfish...noisy

G'day Noisy.

It's not for sale but if you can get to Narrabeen Lake, I can tell you where to find it for free.

There's no way a Fishraider would ask for money from a fellow raider for something like that..or at least me anyway.

Drop me a PM if you want the location and can make the trip to Narra.

It was on it's last legs 2 weeks ago but there may still be some about that's green enough for a good session.

Cheers,

Pete.

pete any of that weed for sale for me to take to south west rocks to chase some of them blackfish...noisy

Hey Noisy,

there are a few spots that still have weed; if you want to PM me, I'll give you some other spots to add to those MallacoutaPete is giving.

cheers

Sails

G'day Noisy.

It's not for sale but if you can get to Narrabeen Lake, I can tell you where to find it for free.

There's no way a Fishraider would ask for money from a fellow raider for something like that..or at least me anyway.

Drop me a PM if you want the location and can make the trip to Narra.

It was on it's last legs 2 weeks ago but there may still be some about that's green enough for a good session.

Cheers,

Pete.

well done pete. :thumbup: what true raider spirit you have there... noisy if you go to same spot i did[pete will confirm if is] wade out a little to get the better stuff as its now on its way out and soon will be much harder to find. winter kills the weed off to give the blackfish a bit of a chance when they school up spawning in a feeding frenzy,mother nature trying to balance things out :074: . if you need any more help than what pete gives let me know...are you fishing the breakwall up sw rocks,the illuka side is also great fishing and take your jew gear also as if they have had any of the rain like we've had give a livie a go and you will be a good chance of picking up a nice one... cheers ... steve.....