"i Did It Myself Daddy" 4yo Out Does As All With Sp

impulse

My wife, 4yo son and I arrived at Mutch Ave ramp today to find a new pontoon and walkway, not sure i like the pontoon as its a hard nylon type bumper (lots of scratches for the fiberglass).

Hit the bay at 8:15 and headed out to the runways for zip, drifted a bit for some nibbles then over to the oil wharf as the tide turned to exit the bay.

The boy wanted to cast and retrieve and I didn't like the idea of bait slapping all over the boat so I gave him a SP.

Next was a 5min casting course and we almost fell off my chairs when has was casting a good 15m from the boat, not just once but ever time.

So after 15min of cast and retrieve I noticed his SP was half its size. On closer inspection it was found with "teeth marks" as per the 4yo. So my wife and I looked at each other and thought if he gets hit he might end up in the drink especially as the guy next to us brought in a rat kingy.

On goes a new SP and 15min later (after a great cast) he sings out "Dad I got 1" and he did. After some scary moments of winding it in with the 4lb rod going everywhere, we see some colour. He then wants to grab the net, not only does he cast, retrieved he even landed it (with some help from mum).

All in all a good day, the 4yo now has a 32cm Trevally PB and we came home with a feed of 5 more and a legal red'y to boot.

post-1711-1180867223_thumb.jpg

Edited by impulse

Nice work by the juniour burger!!!!!!

Don't you just love it when you take someone out that knows nothing about what they are doing that they always end up with the biggest fish!!!!!

How exciting for you both to have your son cast so well. What an exciting day for him casting, catching and netting it and excellent that you had the camera there to.

It was a great day, he loves the water and helps prep the boat at home and drives it when he can.

Thanks for all the great comments, he said thank you after I read them out.

PS he told his grandparents that he call all the fish and i caught none (which was almost true as i had a shocker, dropped 3 one of which jumped off the cutting board straight into the water.

Mate, would you mind lending us your son?????????..............................er..................we, the men that is, are having a few problems outfishing the women. There is a little social thingy going on in the Hawksbury shortly. I promise to have him home by morning,and I'll even let him drive the boat!

Cheers

Stumpy

Mate, would you mind lending us your son?????????..............................er..................we, the men that is, are having a few problems outfishing the women. There is a little social thingy going on in the Hawksbury shortly. I promise to have him home by morning,and I'll even let him drive the boat!

Cheers

Stumpy

:074: is that before or after he shows me his retrieval method, when you look at the rod tip it swings from a-hole to breakfast. I even tried it on the day :blush:

I'll check the calendar as we might even make it ourselves, but I'm sure if I asked him he would be love to.

Edited by impulse