Jewie Time

zen801

Hey raiders,

I cant wait to hit the Northern Beaches once this wild weather dies down.

Should be some classic jewie gutters carved into some of the prime beaches.

Narra and longie would have to be worth a shot when wind has gone and tide is right.

Gear up for the big jew boys.

Any other raiders thinking of a session next week let me know.

Cheers. ( desperate jewie dude going for one over ten kg)

I bet alot of those late season kings have probably made a timely exit from mh as well!!!! I might well be tempted by a jewie session.... Or at least have a crack at getting my first one! I'll let you know if im heading down!!!!

Way to go we should get a raider jewie challenge happening.

Nothing too serious just a few guys covering the sand with a spread of lines with various baits and see if anyone can come up with a jewfish.

Cheers

Mate fishy fingers and myself fished last night at Long Reef and Collaroy.

Long Reef was sea weed city and hopeless. So we moved over to Collaroy where conditions were OK.

Got there late so couldnt scope out a preferred spot and went for comfort easy spot instead.

At high tide we were standing about 4 or 5 m above the sea down below us. We could cast out into the surf.

Lots off nibblers and no fish landed which was disappointing. Anyway good company and always good to be fishing.

Going to check out a few beaches during the day on Friday 15th and decide on a spot and hit it hard that evening for a jewie. I think it is a new moon and tide is great and if a good gutter can be found then in with a chance.

Cheers.

Im not familair with the beaches you have refered to. Do they have a creek running into them? After weather like we have had over the past week I reckon a beach with a creek running into it would be the GO (I can think of 3 such beaches down here in the Gong). A nice fillet or better yet a live mullet would be my preferrred bait at the moment.

After my exam on Friday Jewie fishing is exactly what Ill be doing

Evets

sounds like a top night , would love to have a crack with some fellow raiders , this weekend coming would be perfect weather permitting.Has anyone had any luck from newport lately,fished it a few times but no monster jew just some good bream and tailor

Im gonna hit north narrabeen friday night for a Jew or two. Il be collecting some livies and deadies in the arvo as well as scoping out a nice gutter. If you guys are out and you see a good lookin bloke :1prop: with a schnider glas rod and an alvey 650 in maroon (very appropriate colouring), just yel fishraider! :thumbup:

Cheers, Bobfish

Hey Bobfish,

Nth Narra hey! Might just see you there if the weather is OK.

Longie too weedy the other day and Collaroy around Mactier seemed better.

Like u will check it out on Friday prior to making a call on best prospect.

Looks like rain and wind though.

Cheers

Totally agree!

Went out MH this morning getting wet and cold.

Only got some pinkies and had one dropped run.

Something pretty big was smashing the surface but with such dirty water and debris didnt bother to flick over a lure.

Cheers

G`day Fellas ,

We Hit the sand today for a looky , and I`m pleased to report , that when the dust settles , We Are going to Have some of the best conditions The Sandmen have had here for yonks.

About 10 days should see it clear , but there is a lot of rubish hig up the beaches between Wallabi Point And Harrington .

A rather bizzare scene up the near the Old Entrance was a 1.5 kilm stretch of Kelp , that had washed up , and had been buried by shifting sand .

It looked like A million Mangrove pencils had sprouted and taken root from the drop off to almost the High Water mark....bloodsy wierd that.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

We Hit the sand today for a looky , and I`m pleased to report , that when the dust settles , We Are going to Have some of the best conditions The Sandmen have had here for yonks.

About 10 days should see it clear , but there is a lot of rubish hig up the beaches between Wallabi Point And Harrington .

A rather bizzare scene up the near the Old Entrance was a 1.5 kilm stretch of Kelp , that had washed up , and had been buried by shifting sand .

It looked like A million Mangrove pencils had sprouted and taken root from the drop off to almost the High Water mark....bloodsy wierd that.

Mick

Not much beachs left around central coast at the moment

If you guys are planning a fish on a Saturday into the night will hook up with ya

Best beach for a fish is whale beach but is a bit of a mongrel to get too

Warriewood was a top beach years ago but havent tryed lately for jew

I am going to check out Narrabeen through to Dee Why in the next few days and see if i can scope out a likely spot.

Mate Collaroy got hammered.

Fortunately for me my fishing obsession has been over powered by getting a nice fat contract. Only problem is i might have to do some work at the expense of going fishing. Oh well at least the job will go right through winter until mid spring. Might even be able to afford fixing the trailer and adding some techie stuff to the tinnie.

Martin if i find a spot worthwhile and the weather is OK i will give you a call mate.

Cheers

Edited by zenman