My First Boat

Robbo 81

hey guys. sorry its been so long since my last update. Just took a while to figure out what to do with the dash.

So here it is. sorry its a little dirty

post-2241-1186737122_thumb.jpg

I got the marine grade alloy from miller (thanx mate)

was going to try using other stuff cause I was worried about glare and stuff but I'm pretty sure it'll be ok. If its real bad then I'll have to fix it

post-2241-1186737175_thumb.jpg

This is my new removable nav light

post-2241-1186737488_thumb.jpg

post-2241-1186737633_thumb.jpg

Edited by robo

• 2 weeks later...

I have just rebolted the pedastal seats in my boat , they were only screwed into the glass floor , which was only mm's thick! We screwed and glued a piece of marine ply to the floor , under the carpet , then screwed the pedastal base to the ply. Solid as a rock , should last the life of the boat!

Ross

hey phil,Thanx mate. I bought em from bias boating. I had to buy it all seperately. Pretty sure the seats were $99, they had a few cheaper units there but I wanted the folding ones. the pedastool was $79 I'm pretty sure. They are height adjustable and swivel. and 15

big stainless self tappers. and some sikaflex. I

I used self tappers to put them in cause I couldn't get underneath the floor. I got told if you can get to it, use nuts and bolts, but if not self tappers will do. Its got 6 holes in the base so I really can't see it going anywhere.

Edited by robo

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

sorry its been so long. just been a little busy.

post-2241-1191384714_thumb.jpg

my new downrigger and I gave my boat a name.

STEWIES REVENGE for those of you that watch the family guy

post-2241-1191384757_thumb.jpg

my new matrix 17x

post-2241-1191384817_thumb.jpg

my GPS unit

post-2241-1191384870_thumb.jpg

my new side mount rod holders

Edited by robo

post-2241-1191385022_thumb.jpg

my new 2spd winch and modified A frame so I could push the boat back a little

post-2241-1191385115_thumb.jpg

This is my circulating bait tank for the mean time till I sort out something perminent.

post-2241-1191385229_thumb.jpg

my bilge and bait tank pump

post-2241-1191385281_thumb.jpg

transducer mounting position

post-2241-1191385321_thumb.jpg

external view of the bait tank pump

I had alot of help from miller on the last lot of things. Thanx mate

I decided to go ahead with the plans to modify the bench seat and turn it into a esky. I'm almost finished with it so once its done I'll post the picks up

Well I decided to go get my license last week and couldn't wait so i took boat out with my brother, humbie, and a friend, later I met up with rmzbeast

we launched out at pittwater and had a ball. the boat towed excellent, went in the water very easily and drove beautifully considering the water conditions at hand. the motor is very quiet as I wanted.

I was a bit scared driving for the first few hours until my brother and humbie threw me in the deep end to show me the ropes of how to handle and to be safe in a boat.

only caught a few fish in the morning and then nothing for the rest of the day.

got the boat on the trailer pretty easily end headed home to clean my pride and joy.

the only thing that went wrong was the rubber strip around the side of the boat came off when we hit a big wave. scared the shit out of me but they all thought it was pretty funny. so I'll be sorting that out through the week.

at the end of the day I was very happy with how it performed and can't wait to get out there again, just not in such choppy conditions.

post-2241-1191386714_thumb.jpg

post-2241-1191386727_thumb.jpg

post-2241-1191386758_thumb.jpg

post-2241-1191386856_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...