Lake Wallace Or Tcd

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mate,

looking at the latest dam levels below i would heading to wallace as it is full. Looks like they have pumped it from thommos. Wallace should be firing over flooded margins.

BM

Delta storage levels as at 15 June 2007

Dam

Active Storage (ML)

% of capacity

Thompsons Creek Reservoir

Lake Lyell

Lake Wallace

Total active storage

Total storage capacity

I have report from a local Delta Electricity employee last Saturday that the water levels at Lake Lyell have risen 6m since the last reports have been updated and that boats are allowed back in the lake :1fishing1:

I was at Lake Wallace last week and the water levels there were up approx 1m although the water at Lake Wallace was so very dirty last week and I imagine Lake Lyell will be the same, should be better within the next week or so. :thumbup:

We did get a nice Rainbow though, so it's still worth braving the cold :1badmood:

Good Luck

Rochelle

yes dear

when we going buddy. our last few trips here in the sydney area have been slow as. :1badmood:

When you learn to use that new fly rod and buy some flies

I have no idea on where are the good places to fish in Wallace but will happily give it a go.

any advise would be great

When you learn to use that new fly rod and buy some flies

I have no idea on where are the good places to fish in Wallace but will happily give it a go.

any advise would be great

been practicing in the house got some wollie buggers. :tease:

I hit Lyell last Sunday, water is up at 53% at the moment and the inundated grass beds look awesome. If it was during the warmer months these grass banks would be holding huge numbers of Trout picking off insects and such. But with it being spawning time most of the Trout were holding up the lake readying to spawn. There was a few hanging around and I did managed a 62cm, 3kg Brown after hours and hours of casting.

If the lakes keeps coming up or holds it level it will fire big time when the spawners come back down.

Cheers

Windy

I was there on Saturday (in the sleet) and it was very quiet. No action apart from a follow from a very decent brown and some half hearted nudges on the soft plastics.

I reckon they have other things on their mind at the moment ;)

I also went up thisSat

there at sun up and it was freezing

fished from the far end of the dam wall around to the cliff and got nothing

ended up on he dam wall and got one big take on a sp but no hook up

the wind got the better of us so it was off home at around 2 pm

might wait a while for a return trip

any tips would be good

I also went up thisSat

there at sun up and it was freezing

fished from the far end of the dam wall around to the cliff and got nothing

ended up on he dam wall and got one big take on a sp but no hook up

the wind got the better of us so it was off home at around 2 pm

might wait a while for a return trip

any tips would be good

It can be really tough fishing this time of year. As already said the Trout are thinking of other things atm.

Wait 'till it warms up a bit. The evening sessions in summer can be awesome. Late autumn & early winter are also very good as they are feeding up before trying to spawn. Now they just want to spawn & they can be very frustrating.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi All

Yes trout fishing can be frustrating at times. Countless casts without any hits.

This time of year especially large browns are feeding mostly on chrimp, small baitfish and the odd yabbie. Have a lookout for where the shags is diving for baitfish, see what size bait he brings up. Match the Hatch. Cast in same area as he has been diving. This method has caught me a few trout.

santa

As usual heeps of good tips and info from fellow fishraiders

might spend some time fixing up the house till things start warming up a bit to please the :wife:

cheers

Hi guys . Spent a very cold Saturday morning at Lake Wallace in beautiful conditions, very light breeze, all for the grand total of 1 rainbow trout at roughly 3 lbs. Fish was caught on rainbow powerbait on a rod left in the holder. Fly fished and spun some lures for very little interest. The water levels have risen around 2-3 ft and was a little discoloured. Things should fire in the next few weeks. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Hi guys . Spent a very cold Saturday morning at Lake Wallace in beautiful conditions, very light breeze, all for the grand total of 1 rainbow trout at roughly 3 lbs. Fish was caught on rainbow powerbait on a rod left in the holder. Fly fished and spun some lures for very little interest. The water levels have risen around 2-3 ft and was a little discoloured. Things should fire in the next few weeks. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

I was there at 6.am on saterday over past the sailing club shed

tried out to the point and back with no luck then packed up and headed out to TCD for the rest of the day.

what car where you driving

cheers

Came back from lithgow, Lyell looked good with water levels (damn I hate the weeds though). Got zilch. First time trout fishing

Went to Wallace for about 10 mins before we moved on, water levels there are awesome. Bloody cold and no fish at either. It's nice just to spend the time out that way :)

I just got back from a fruitless session at Lyell. Saw all of 2 fish all day, neither were particularly interested in anything. I did not see anything caught and all the boats looked as though they doughnutted too! I did hear that a 4kg Brown got caught yesterday.

Water is up at about 58% and with a bit of luck it will stay up this high and I see that TCD is coming back up (21%), my bet is water is being pumped from Lyell into TCD.

Cheers

Windy

I just got back from a fruitless session at Lyell. Saw all of 2 fish all day, neither were particularly interested in anything. I did not see anything caught and all the boats looked as though they doughnutted too! I did hear that a 4kg Brown got caught yesterday.

Water is up at about 58% and with a bit of luck it will stay up this high and I see that TCD is coming back up (21%), my bet is water is being pumped from Lyell into TCD.

Cheers

Windy

seems like the fishing is quiet all over

can't wait for the rivers to open

Hi guys, fished Lake Wallace on saturday morning for nil result, plenty of fish rising before sun up but with the low light levels it was very hard to see what they were rising too. Wind picked up around 7.30am , so I changed from fly to spinning some lures for no result. Left Wallace around 10.00am and headed to Lake Lyell to see what was happening, water levels are up but so was the wind so I decided to call it a day. Sunday morning I headed to my local , Wentworth Falls Lake to spin some lures and within ten minutes of arriving I had a nice 2 1/2 lbs brown trout come to hand. Many large browns were seen swimming around the perimeter of the lake looking for feeder creeks to spawn in, but because there are no inflowing creeks they are just doing laps of the shallows. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Hi guys, fished Lake Wallace on saturday morning for nil result, plenty of fish rising before sun up but with the low light levels it was very hard to see what they were rising too. Wind picked up around 7.30am , so I changed from fly to spinning some lures for no result. Left Wallace around 10.00am and headed to Lake Lyell to see what was happening, water levels are up but so was the wind so I decided to call it a day. Sunday morning I headed to my local , Wentworth Falls Lake to spin some lures and within ten minutes of arriving I had a nice 2 1/2 lbs brown trout come to hand. Many large browns were seen swimming around the perimeter of the lake looking for feeder creeks to spawn in, but because there are no inflowing creeks they are just doing laps of the shallows. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Hey troutboy you must live up that way seems you are fishing around there all the time.

where is Wentworth falls lake

I have read about it but never considered it.

if i don't break this drought soon i might have to start fixing the house up.

had a casting coarse on Sat in the wind (what a laugh that was) but still keen to fill in the time before the Oct weekend and the when the rivers open again

cheers

Cheers

Windy

Give it another six weeks Matt and the browns and rainbows will be jumping in the boat and at your feet. :biggrin2:

Give it another six weeks Matt and the browns and rainbows will be jumping in the boat and at your feet. :biggrin2:

Looking forward to it Paul, been neglecting my Trout this year. Tell ya what but, there was an awful lot of boats on the water out there!

Here is the 3kg Brown I got there on my previous trip.

post-52-1185795500_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Windy

Wentworth Falls Lake is funnily enough in Wentworth Falls. Heading from sydney turn right at the traffic lights at Wentworth Falls and drive through the town centre , over a small railway overpass and take your first left hand turn, follow this road( sinclair crescent) for about 400m and the lake is on your right. You can park in the carpark and fish from the bank in front ,but the best fishing is on the opposite side, just walk over the dam wall and there is a pathway that will take you to the other side. good luck cheers troutboy. :1fishing1:

Wentworth Falls Lake is funnily enough in Wentworth Falls. Heading from sydney turn right at the traffic lights at Wentworth Falls and drive through the town centre , over a small railway overpass and take your first left hand turn, follow this road( sinclair crescent) for about 400m and the lake is on your right. You can park in the carpark and fish from the bank in front ,but the best fishing is on the opposite side, just walk over the dam wall and there is a pathway that will take you to the other side. good luck cheers troutboy. :1fishing1:

thanks for the info

might give it a go

are you a local at Lake W and TCD?

what area at LW do you find best

I have been up there a few times no and seen next to nothing

cheers