Lake Wallace Or Tcd

I can't answer for Troutboy, but I can give some help on Lake Wallace. Delta Eletctricity have restricted shore based access to the lake a bit, which is unfortunate as there looks to be some nice area's! But the access you do have has a couple of good spots. The best being the water inflow pipe at the end of park (end nearest the highway). This produces quite a few solid Rainbows as they like to sit just out of the flow and pick off food as it washes past. I like to throw lures/flys along the edges of the flowing water and set some bait (Powerbait/Mudeyes for me) a bit further away.

The length of the Park is worth walking and spinning but it can get very weedy and I have yet to identify another spot to set some bait. But spinning the length of it can produce the odd Trout or two.

The other spot you can get at is the Dam Wall and it does produce some very good Trouting BUT, its officially off limits so be careful (all though DE seems to turn a blind eye to it).

Hope that helps a bit, I am sure Troutboy knows a few more spots.

Cheers

Windy

Hi guys, most of my fishing at wallace is done off a small rocky outcrop close to the baseball park. You come in at the main entrance and directly in front of you is a dog off leash area, take the road that forks off too the right parralel to the off leash area and drive about 200m until you come to a left hand bend. Just in front of you there is a small rock ledge that falls off into fairly deep water. You will mainly catch rainbows here but you will get the odd brown as well. good luck cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Hi guys, have enjoyed reading your reports but have never really been trout fishing ( visited lake lyall once and half heartedly chucked a lure in for 20 minutes)

Just wondering, with all the weed about do you use weedless hooks if and when you use soft plastics?

Also whats the main lure you use for trout?

Thanks

Billy

Hi guys, most of my fishing at wallace is done off a small rocky outcrop close to the baseball park. You come in at the main entrance and directly in front of you is a dog off leash area, take the road that forks off too the right parralel to the off leash area and drive about 200m until you come to a left hand bend. Just in front of you there is a small rock ledge that falls off into fairly deep water. You will mainly catch rainbows here but you will get the odd brown as well. good luck cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Thanks for the info boys

might make the drive up on Sunday if the :wife: is cool with it.

might meet one of you blokes up there

what flies do you use up there, i always go for the woolly buggers but maybe a nymph might be more useful

cheers guys

Thanks for the info boys

might make the drive up on Sunday if the :wife: is cool with it.

might meet one of you blokes up there

what flies do you use up there, i always go for the woolly buggers but maybe a nymph might be more useful

cheers guys

yes dear just sneak out early and ill pick u up for the stealth get away from the sleeping :wife: .

Gotta be a whole lot better then our efforts tonite wading around flicking at a river thats empty at the moment :1prop::wacko:

yes dear just sneak out early and ill pick u up for the stealth get away from the sleeping :wife: .

Gotta be a whole lot better then our efforts tonite wading around flicking at a river thats empty at the moment :1prop::wacko:

you gotta stop being worried about sharks :( and high tides and keep on fishing :1fishing1:

The best lures of late(for me anyway) has been a rapala 40mm jointed shad rap in rainbow trout pattern, have also done well with sx 40 in any colour but in particular with reds and oranges. There are plenty of small to medium sized bass in the lake which pull pretty hard, have caught them using a small 2 inch plastic attached to a gold coloured betts spinner and also on tassie devils. I am not a local of lithgow area but spend a fair bit of time at Lake Wallace and Lake Lyell thommos etc. I live in Katoomba so I mostly stick pretty close to home which for me is Wentworth Falls Lake. I will be fishing Lake Wallace on saturday morning and lake Lyell saturday afternoon may see you there. I drive a wb holden ute(white) cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

hey trout boy and others going up on sunday morning with yes dear unless his :wife: gets up him when he breaks the news to her tomorrow.........

it will be my first time up there so wish me luck. never fresh water fished before but do own a fly rod that has been used once and no idea how to use or rig it.hahaha. but ill try it anyways :wacko:

The best lures of late(for me anyway) has been a rapala 40mm jointed shad rap in rainbow trout pattern, have also done well with sx 40 in any colour but in particular with reds and oranges. There are plenty of small to medium sized bass in the lake which pull pretty hard, have caught them using a small 2 inch plastic attached to a gold coloured betts spinner and also on tassie devils. I am not a local of lithgow area but spend a fair bit of time at Lake Wallace and Lake Lyell thommos etc. I live in Katoomba so I mostly stick pretty close to home which for me is Wentworth Falls Lake. I will be fishing Lake Wallace on saturday morning and lake Lyell saturday afternoon may see you there. I drive a wb holden ute(white) cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Hey troutboy

going up sunday morn

will catch you up there one day soon

what flies do you use when flying wallace there must be some good fish hanging around all those weed areas

cheers

Just like you, mostly wooly buggers,some with a bead head some without. I have had takes on small black and brown bead head nymphs but I am still only learning with the fly rod and have struck too late missing the fish. Mind you the takes are rather savage so I suspect are coming from good size fish. Hopefully we get some nice weather this weekend and the wind stays down and we should have a good day. Looking forward to meeting some fellow raiders cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Just like you, mostly wooly buggers,some with a bead head some without. I have had takes on small black and brown bead head nymphs but I am still only learning with the fly rod and have struck too late missing the fish. Mind you the takes are rather savage so I suspect are coming from good size fish. Hopefully we get some nice weather this weekend and the wind stays down and we should have a good day. Looking forward to meeting some fellow raiders cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

yeh same here just learning the art myself, haven't bagged a trout on fly yet :mad3: but have scored a few on tassies, rapallas and little sp's

very keen to get the first

see how we go on Sunday if we get up there we will try LW first at sun up and then move to TCD at around 9.am

where do think the good spots are at TCD I have walked all around it and the only places i have had hits has been off the wall, and that is a no go spot

there dosen't seem to have much structure to fish around or any noticable weed beds

any offerings?

cheers

Edited by Yes Dear

Hi guys at Thommos I usually spin the dam wall area , according to swordfisherman its supposedly off limits but in the last ten or so outings thats where I have fished and have yet to be told by the security guard who does regular patrols a couple of times a day. Upon cresting the hill to the dam if you take the service road to the left and follow the shoreline around you will come across a large rocky outcrop ( the locals call it the quarrie) that plunges into some seriously deep water. Many a fine fish has been taken in this area at this time of year although you will have to fish deep. I have just bought a new intermediate flyline specifically for fishing this area. Wooly buggers and beadhead nymphs are the go. cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

G'day all

I don't suppose if any of you are heading to Lake Lyell soon, or even this weekend, you may be able to take some pics of the water level at the moment?

Just a few shots of different areas and especially the ramp and wall area and maybe up where the temporary ramp is situated and the other ramp and pontoon around in the bay up from it.

I haven't ventured out there since the water levels have risen and probably won't get there for another 5 - 6 weeks or so.

It's a big ask, I know, but much appreciated if at all possible. :thumbup:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

I went about 2 weeks ago. Water levels were looking good, don't have any pics on me at the moment though. Pity that the day I went it was dead quiet, I'm assuming that all the blokes in their boats ended up leaving with almost nothing aswell. Just a quiet time.

I went about 2 weeks ago. Water levels were looking good, don't have any pics on me at the moment though. Pity that the day I went it was dead quiet, I'm assuming that all the blokes in their boats ended up leaving with almost nothing aswell. Just a quiet time.

Yeah you weren't alone two weeks ago, only one maybe hit all day,no need to pull the camera out that day. Hooky the gates to the temp ramp are still closed, water looking good it was clear to well above farmers creek, no green slime at all but the fishing really hot and cold at the moment

Hooky the gates to the temp ramp are still closed, water looking good it was clear to well above farmers creek, no green slime at all but the fishing really hot and cold at the moment

Cheers zook, thanks for that bit of info.

I personally don't bother fishing Lyell in July/early to mid August for the reason you mentioned, too hot and cold. Unlike the weather, just cold but that's the best thing about it. :frozen:

Actually whilst I sit here and type I'm keen to drive there and back just for something to do. :unsure:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

Edited by Hooky.

I might try and get up to Lyell tomorrow Paul, will take a few happy snaps for you if I do. It does look as though Lake Lyell is dropping again from water being pumped into Thommos. Which is good for Thommos but I wanted Lyell up myself!

Hopefully a little of the rain that passed through will keep the Cox's flowing ok.

Cheers

Windy

hey all

heading up to lw and lt tomorrow early with yes dear. you cant miss my 4wd mad keen wheel cover......

1st time tomorrow fresh water fishing, hope to have some luck.

might see some of you guys up there :1fishing1:

I might try and get up to Lyell tomorrow Paul, will take a few happy snaps for you if I do. It does look as though Lake Lyell is dropping again from water being pumped into Thommos. Which is good for Thommos but I wanted Lyell up myself!

Hopefully a little of the rain that passed through will keep the Cox's flowing ok.

Cheers

Windy

G'day Matt

Thanks for the offer of pics but curiosity got the better of me and I went for a drive up to Lyell today, just got back.

No fishing just looking. Went and checked out where I used to live and work many moons ago (Lithgow Small Arms Factory). :gun_bandana:

Anyways, spoke to the caretakers' mother and she was saying that D.E are pumping out a heap of water on a daily basis and it is noticable every day. Other than that she said all was quiet on the fishing front.

It was quite windy when I was there and the wind was swirling around in most of the protected bays that I looked at. Air temp was about 8 degrees and the wind chill factor must have been about zero.

post-9-1186219185_thumb.jpg

post-9-1186219416_thumb.jpg

post-9-1186219572_thumb.jpg

post-9-1186220079_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hooky.

Sorry Nargse 1 was me you ran into, should have introduced myself. Total blank for me at Lake Wallace on sunday, according to the weather sunday was meant to be the pick of days on the weekend but in hindsight I should have made the effort to get there on saturday :1badmood: . Did you guys end up with anything? After leaving Wallace I went to Lake Lyell, farmers creek arm, plenty of fishos around but no one having any luck. Might stick to wentworth falls lake for the moment until some consistent reports start coming in from other fishos cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Sorry Nargse 1 was me you ran into, should have introduced myself. Total blank for me at Lake Wallace on sunday, according to the weather sunday was meant to be the pick of days on the weekend but in hindsight I should have made the effort to get there on saturday :1badmood: . Did you guys end up with anything? After leaving Wallace I went to Lake Lyell, farmers creek arm, plenty of fishos around but no one having any luck. Might stick to wentworth falls lake for the moment until some consistent reports start coming in from other fishos cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Hey Trout boy

I was wading around in the water near where you had your ute parked, that was nargse 1 walking around in green. :(

we got zip (as usual) we did see a few in the water (spooked). the guys that fished the rock area got a nice rainbow but that was it. :mad3:

we went to TCD it was blowing a gail up there and there were white caps on the waves. :thumbdown:

a guy that was leaving there when we arrived had a nice rainbow in his bag but that was it.

went down to fish river to show nargse 1 where the action happens in the open season

dropped in at the wentworth falls lake for a look on the way home looks pretty small

does it fish any good?