Big Yellowfin Off Sydney

Reel Addiction

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate that truly is an awesome fish...80kg is not something you hear about everyday.....And the fact that the conditions have not been perfect and most trailer boats wouldnt even consider going out there makes it all the more of an acheivement....

Well done on braving those conditions...i heard that someone got an 80kg didnt realise it was a trailer boat.... :thumbup::thumbup:

thanks mate. Conditions where good we did 20 knots in and out we had a bit of a blow while we where on the cube but that was it.

Another thing that i would like to mention when i was coming in, in the pitch black dark i nearly ran over a 3-4 meter tinny in the dark 5 km out from the heads with not a single light on i only saw them when i was next to them in the shine of my lights i wanted to kill them, and if i had of been 20 meters to the left i would have as i would have gone over the top of them on the plane. Was so angry but just looked back at the fish on the back deck and it brought a smile back to my face instantly.

Just thought i would mention it, these are the things that cause major injury and death

Would you check out the sickles on that thing.

I can only image how your legs and lower back felt after 3 hours. Where you on the for the whole time? I know what 1 hour feels like, but 3...ouch. Or maybe that will come tomorrow.

What a fish.

Fantastic :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It has been a while since any body has caught a yft of that size outwide.

You would almost have to go back to the late 80,s

Have noticed the yft getting bigger each year :thumbup: Which is great.

Well done guys.

guys,

that is truly unbelievable. good luck to you guys, you certainly deserve it after a 3 hour fight. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

how much line did it take before you could get some back? did you have the boat chasing it for a while? how far did you guys go out and what time of the day did it strike? Im so interested on how you guys came about this great fish.

needless to say i am jelous and hoping to get my first YFT in the next few weeks.

Well done again.

JayKay