Official Hairtail Report

mrsswordfisherman

Hey all,

We headed out from ATB at around 2.30pm, met a few other raiders, went around to pittwater for a quick fish got 2 nice flatties coming in at 50cm each. Then headed around to Jerusalem Bay and parked there for the night. I caught a nice jew at 50cm.

We then moved further down the river to the shallow end was there for about 15mins then Kat (Fisherwoman) was on, her first hairy came in at 1m. we then slept for a little while. I got up at 6am and put a line in the water, within 2 mins bang i was on a nice hairy at 1.14cm, oh corse Kat got out of bed so fast she nearly jumped off the boat, put a line in and she was on another hairy at 1m.

Thanks to Flightmanager and Mrs Flightmanager for the organisation. And the soup in the morning it was so nice oh and sooo warm. It was great to meet a few more raiders and put faces to names.

We are looking forward to our next one.

Kat & Laurie

Heres a pic

post-3632-1184021237_thumb.jpg

Edited by THE SWEENEY

I would like to start off by thanking everyone who was involved in organising such a great event.

~TaNgLeS~ and myself started fishing over near cottage rock, where ive caught a 185cm hairtail in the past. We fished for about 4 hours there and caught a decent flattie and a few eels and yakkas. We then started to think about the jewies that must be coming in through the mouth of the river. We decided to say hello to the mother ship and then head out to barrenjoey to try and catch that jewie that has been avoiding us for so long, and maybe pick up a few hairies, that we thought might be on its way to cowan after all the rain.

We spent a couple of hours there without a touch. Then out of no where arrived a little tinnie, "Where is ATB boat ramp" yelled one of the occupants.. "in the opposite direction to where you are going, thats the heads right there, if you keep going you will end up in new zealand". Gave us a good laugh, turned out they were raiders who bagged out on hairies...well done.

Well we spent the rest of the night dropping livies, squid, pillies, prawns, only to catch one gummy shark. We picked up a couple of undersized snappers near long reef in the morning, but nothing to write home about.

Returned to mullet creek in the morning to pick up the crab nets to find them empty with the bait untouched. Was a great night, and we look forward to the next one.

Paul (tiger_shark) Simon (~TaNgLeS~)

post-2215-1184041343_thumb.jpg

~TaNgLeS~ is holding the flattie which measured (when bent) 69cm.

Started fishing over near cottage rock ............

We decided to say hello to the mother ship............

Then head out to barrenjoey ..............

Near long reef in the morning ............

Returned to mullet creek ...........

Sounds like a $200 trip with oil etc with the V6. You guys certainly covered some ground and put in a good effort.

You came alongside us breifly down near the mother ship and I reckonised the boat and said your that "Shark Tiger Something" bloke !

cheers

Rod

Sounds like a $200 trip with oil etc with the V6. You guys certainly covered some ground and put in a good effort.

You came alongside us breifly down near the mother ship and I reckonised the boat and said your that "Shark Tiger Something" bloke !

cheers

Rod

Sure was $200 mate. You offered us some yakkas i think....thanks for the offer BTW.

Paul.....

Guest MRS WATTO

Sounds like you had fun.

Tooooo cold for me.

See you at the next social.

It was fun, you should hire a houseboat, and it wasnt that cold.

Edited by MRS WATTO

kiwi waynie & myself started the hairtail social off by targeting a jew like a few other raiders. tried flint n steel for zippo before heading to the road bridge where i was more confident of getting waynie hes 1st keeper size jew.

post-1424-1184058321_thumb.jpg

& he got him, well done mate many more to come, a 48cm jew that was released. finally ended up on our warm houseboat and a chance to bag a hairy. after a beaut feed (thanks marty) we tried our luck but the hairtail didnt play ball for us, but a few beers with nice company made up for the lack of action. this was my 1st social and was good to meet a few of my fello raiders, fishyfingers & nin, kiwi waynie, flightmanager, cath, brett & zenman it was good to spend the night with ya, too bad i had to leave early. my sons team got smashed. hey zenman i will take that offer up on the harbour kings mate, ill be in touch.

post-1424-1184059611_thumb.jpg

post-1424-1184059669_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrs rzep

definately the best weekend ive had by far and cannot wait till the next mass gathering of raiders on the water, congratulations to all who got a hairy and better luck next time to those who didnt manage one. Im still waiting on the pics of mine which i will post as soon as i recieve them hopefully later this week sometime.