Whens The Next Social?

Brad Duffell

G'day Brad ,

Probably around September. As you can appreciate , the logistics of organising a Social event are pretty big , we have had quite a few in the past months , so I think we will look at the next one around then.

Feel free to make suggestions as to what you would like to fish for , and where we might go fishing for them !

Ross

Here we go,

A one handed jew social at my swimming pool.

Okay, there wont be any fish, but the beer will be cold,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or

we can have it in the Hawksbury.......can someone launch my boat :thumbdown:

Cheers,

Stumpy

(I'm back) :beersmile:

Here we go,

A one handed jew social at my swimming pool.

Okay, there wont be any fish, but the beer will be cold,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or

we can have it in the Hawksbury.......can someone launch my boat :thumbdown:

Cheers,

Stumpy

(I'm back) :beersmile:

Im up for either one Muz !!!

Ross

Stumpy

Don't forget to bring Dorris :074::074:

You can just see Stumpy yell "I'm on" and

get Ross to land it while giving instruction

in the finer points of angling :074::074:

Ross remember pump and wind

Ross don't strike so quick

Ross you missed the mark, better go around and try again

Ross the bait isn't right

Ross can the Etec go any faster

but most important is

Ross it's time for my pill's cause Dorris is leaving :1prop:

Chris

Stumpy

Don't forget to bring Dorris :074::074:

You can just see Stumpy yell "I'm on" and

get Ross to land it while giving instruction

in the finer points of angling :074::074:

Ross remember pump and wind

Ross don't strike so quick

Ross you missed the mark, better go around and try again

Ross the bait isn't right

Ross can the Etec go any faster

but most important is

Ross it's time for my pill's cause Dorris is leaving :1prop:

Chris

O'kay, so you know us.................. :biggrin2:

Hey..... and lay off Dorris. She's far to nice a pink elephant for you :wacko:

Yes, you are right...............Etec peace of crap !

Cheers, Stumpy (Officially going into hiding)

Guest MRS WATTO

O'kay, so you know us.................. :biggrin2:

Hey..... and lay off Dorris. She's far to nice a pink elephant for you :wacko:

Yes, you are right...............Etec peace of crap !

Cheers, Stumpy (Officially going into hiding)

Stumpy, glad you are ok baby

You missed out on a good nite, We all wished you were there. You could of had a Midori with us girls

see ya soon

love ya

Sweet, ok then well i have a suggestion for the venue i rekon we should hold one in the hacking river, maybe for biggest bream or flattie. Maybe a jew social??? Anyone else got any suggestions?

Hacking in September mmmmmmmmmm, whiting getting bigger - flatties on the chew - monster bream around - blackies still on (not that I can find them now)

Actually now I think of it I have spent the last twelve months really getting to know this river, the last thing I need is fifty fishraiders decending to strip the place bare.

Dave

Actually..................... I'd love to go and chase whiting. I reckon they are a beautiful eating fish and I haven't caught one for a zillion years!

Where are we going Dave ??????????

Edited by stumpy

My suggestion would be for another Flathead social similar to last years event. Despite the shite weather it was a roaring success & at that time our biggest social yet. It allows people to pop down for a quick fish & a barbie just for the day. The fishos with families can come along & enjoy the day without it taking up a whole weekend.. It is very social.

These socials don't organise themselves. We need some of you to put your hand up & say " right I'm going to organise this!" You will have plenty of support from Admin & people who have done it before. We can't have the same people doing it all the time. It is simply too much work.

Just some food for thought......

Cheers,

Grant.

G'day Brad ,

Probably around September. As you can appreciate , the logistics of organising a Social event are pretty big , we have had quite a few in the past months , so I think we will look at the next one around then.

Feel free to make suggestions as to what you would like to fish for , and where we might go fishing for them !

Ross

ross maybe you guys should come up with a manual, checklist list, or leader pack for socials, so some one other than you can do the organising, and you and the swordies can go fishing for change

Hi guys

Yeah - I reckon a Sydney based one would get a great response from the local Raiders - personally, I'd be leaning towards the north shore (Narrabeen or thereabouts) as there are plenty of land based & boating opportunities. If it cuts up rough, you can usually find somewhere with the wind on your back - Way to go!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Well done to all involved with the Hairtail Social - fantastic results for some very trying, cold conditions!

FIshraiders breed 'em tough!

ross maybe you guys should come up with a manual, checklist list, or leader pack for socials, so some one other than you can do the organising, and you and the swordies can go fishing for change

Not a bad idea Caine , I will discuss this with the Admin at our next meeting. As for organising these socials , I really quite enjoy it , and if anyone puts their hand up to organise one , I will be only too happy to help out .

Finally , while we do appreciate your suggestions for future socials , please do not just try to organise one on your own. Any social event MUST be approved by the site owners , there are legal considerations that we must take into account , the venue has to be able to accomodate all of us , there may be permits to be obtained etc , etc.

Ross