Whens The Next Social?

Brad Duffell

Hey Henners,

You don't need a fly rod to catch trout. I actually only own two rods my "big" one for kings and stuff and my little one that I use for bream, squidding, flicking tassies at trout and trolling for trout. I couldn't tell you what rod or reel that one is with out going to the shed :)

Cheers.

Robbie.

Thanks for the responses here guys.

There are a lot of things to be taken into account when looking at socials. Socials are organised by fishraider members.

Firstly it is a SOCIAL event not a competition. It is a way for fishraiders to meet and enjoy some fishing offline. Our socials are well known for their great organisation and planning. Our events attract a lot of people unlike any other fishing website. We welcome young folk, women and beginners to experienced anglers. Our events are not a "boys weekend away". We are a community made up of all people and all are welcome.

Lots of research goes into selecting the venue, parking, ability to hold up to 100 people, toilet facilities etc... and many other factors. The venue is the major factor I believe. Attendees need to ensure that they adhere to Maritime and Waterways rules.

There are many species to be chosen from. When choosing the species one needs to consider all members. We need to make sure that people are available to teach any attendees the techniques for catching and tackle etc... so that they feel comfortable attending.

We have specific checklists for organising socials. If the the ideas don't pass certain criteria then they are not organised.

Just some things to think about when ideas are brought to the table :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...