Monday... Once In A Lifetime

barrykrocker

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The record is 300 kg on rod and reel and believe it or not it was caught at the Peak in the early 60's..The late Jack Farrel was the gaff man I have an old archival clipping from the Telegraph I will dig it out and post for your interest.

thanks,

that'd be great to see.

Everyone, thanks for the kind words.

It really was an amazing experience, that I'll never forget. And by far the best meat i've ever eaten

cheers

Well done guys, just got back from a trip overseas, and Kelvin had told me about your capture and said I had to see the photos.

Fantastic capture, congratulations and certainly the fish of many lifetimes !!! It was awesome that you had so many people there to share the moment with.

PS - I heard that these southern bluefin taste fantastic, sounds like you agree.

Well done guys, just got back from a trip overseas, and Kelvin had told me about your capture and said I had to see the photos.

Fantastic capture, congratulations and certainly the fish of many lifetimes !!! It was awesome that you had so many people there to share the moment with.

PS - I heard that these southern bluefin taste fantastic, sounds like you agree.

cheers mate,

when they are this fat you better believe they taste amazing!

836618684_51255be9bd.jpg

Congradulaitons guyz on a champion effort....... as for all the people talking about it being a lost bluefin i would disagree, Yes it is unusual but they are regulary caught in place around the ulladulla and nowra area and already this year there has been two other big bluefin weihged in, one being from narooma and the other being from bermagui.

Good work boyz lets see if you can go out and do it again.

Jordon