Savage Lancer Sf 565 Aluminium With 115 V4 Cetox Yamaha

live_baiter

Hi Livebaiter, I have a soft spot for Savage boats, because we were NSW biggest dealer for them when owned by the Savage family. When Merc bought them things went downhill a bit, not from terms of the boats, but the management and having to deal with them. We dropped the Savage range about 5 years ago, but the Lancer is an excellent boat with good seakeeping ability and should perform well with the 115HP Yamaha, most ones we sold were with 115HP Johnos and they went well. I see it is a late model by the photo and agree on a price and take it for a water test and make sure you like it, but I honestly think you will be very happy with the boat if it is priced right and well suited to what you want to do.

PM me or post the price they are wanting and I will let you know if it is a fair price.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Livebaiter, I have a soft spot for Savage boats, because we were NSW biggest dealer for them when owned by the Savage family. When Merc bought them things went downhill a bit, not from terms of the boats, but the management and having to deal with them. We dropped the Savage range about 5 years ago, but the Lancer is an excellent boat with good seakeeping ability and should perform well with the 115HP Yamaha, most ones we sold were with 115HP Johnos and they went well. I see it is a late model by the photo and agree on a price and take it for a water test and make sure you like it, but I honestly think you will be very happy with the boat if it is priced right and well suited to what you want to do.

PM me or post the price they are wanting and I will let you know if it is a fair price.

Cheers,

Huey.

The boat is actually a 2001 model with the mackay 2001 trailer with brakes.

i will mainly be using this around port phillip bay and western port bay in vic. i would now and then take it out to bass straight and possibly port fairy to chase southern blue fins.

maybe now and then take it out at bermagui/merimbula areas too.

live_baiter

I have a Savage Osprey 525, though mine is a bowrider with a 90 Merc. I am very happy with its performance offshore so with regards to the Lancer you will love it. The only reason I got a bowrider was due to the wife, the only thing with the bowrider is it lacks a bit of protect from the elements.

Thanks for that comment Osprey.

So does anyone know where i can go to get specification on the SF 565?

baiter try Savage themselves, i rang Quintrex yesterday with the HIN # of the boat I am buying and 10 minutes later i had a PDF of the relevant 2001 catalog showing my model and spec. Excellent service i thought?

• 2 weeks later...

baiter try Savage themselves, i rang Quintrex yesterday with the HIN # of the boat I am buying and 10 minutes later i had a PDF of the relevant 2001 catalog showing my model and spec. Excellent service i thought?

i went to the savage website but was not able to find anything on these lancers. the only thing they have on there are the new boats, therefore i could not find any details on these boats at all.

there were some reviews on the osprey, the swordfish and some other savages but non on the lancers. they all look similar in design and so i think will perform similarly but i am not too sure.

with regards to build, i have no idea how thick and what sort of bracing they use.... it may be 3mm bottom and 2mm top which i feel maybe be a bit light for a 565 size?

does anyone know such details?

how do they handle in 1-1.5m chops (i mean washing machine like as it is in port phillip bay, like botany bay kind of chops)? what about outside?

thanks all.

i went to the savage website but was not able to find anything on these lancers. the only thing they have on there are the new boats, therefore i could not find any details on these boats at all.

there were some reviews on the osprey, the swordfish and some other savages but non on the lancers. they all look similar in design and so i think will perform similarly but i am not too sure.

with regards to build, i have no idea how thick and what sort of bracing they use.... it may be 3mm bottom and 2mm top which i feel maybe be a bit light for a 565 size?

does anyone know such details?

how do they handle in 1-1.5m chops (i mean washing machine like as it is in port phillip bay, like botany bay kind of chops)? what about outside?

thanks all.

Live baiter i found nothing on Quintrex's website either I actually rang them up and spoke with customer service.

Hi Live baiter, the Lancer does only run 3mm hull and that is one of the reasons we dropped them a few year ago, the other two big brands (Stacer and Quintrex) are running plate 4mm or thicker so they do perform better. The Savage Lancer still performs well and I think you go for a test run and see if you like it and do not be worried about the build quality because they are well made, just a bit light on when it comes to plate thickness compared to the other players.

The 580 Series hull from Savage are pretty much the new name for the Lancer so the specs will be the same with the second hand boat you are looking at.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks Huey

i did not think that 3-4mm makes too much of a difference do they? not unless i decide to run them onto a reef of some sort which no doubt would kill and hull?!?!?!

may be a bit light but surely is good for fuel economy? maybe in the rougher condition is where the 4mm may be better?

LB