In Need Of Members Input

Gdayyyyyyyyy all Fishraiders.

I have been recently getting some great ideas for how the site should run and the look and feel of the forums from a few members and we thank them for that. :thumbup:

If anyone has any ideas which they would like to pass on ??? feel free to do so and we will look at all the ideas to make the forums better for everyone involved.

Cheers Administration

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Admin,

I like what you've been puting together with ramps and was wondering if you could put somthing like that together for fishing locations broken up in to sub catorgries eg: click NSW cick FAR NORTH COAST to open up a list of submisions by members (approved by admin) that just detailed the locations fishing posibilitys and any other relivant info, pics ect (for members only of coarse). I know thats probably a big task but you asked. Same sort of thing for recipes too, as i tried to find somthing via search and there was a lot of stuff i didn't want to sort thru. And lots of members seem to be finding adding pics and their size a problem but i under stand site space is a issue as my wife has a pretty big and busy web site. But then again there is this wise old saying if it aint broke don't try to fix it.

Lata Raida

Waynie

Just a thought that you may be able to break up the fishing reports into, estuaries/harbours, offshore, freshwater and also something for the kayak fishers amongst us, cheers Justin.

Hi Swordfisherman

I think the site is a great and very friendly and your recent tidy ups of the GPS marks and boat ramps are excellent. justin,s suggestion would probalaly work as well. but overall great site.

Just a thought that you may be able to break up the fishing reports into, estuaries/harbours, offshore, freshwater and also something for the kayak fishers amongst us, cheers Justin.

The yak thread sounds like a great idea, as i generally look elsewhere for yakking info. I feel guilty every time :074:

I'm seconding Justin's thought. Personally I'm a land based fisho and sometimes I'm really struggling to hook even one thing, even if she aint a keeper. Perhaps if there was a section simply for Boat Based and another for Land Based. Just perhaps dividing the 'Fishing Reports' into LB and BB.

Any ideas of getting a TVS program happenin with a few sponsors? :D I know it's asking A LOT but hey it could be great to spread fishraider and what it's all about, hopefully promoting safer and more positive fishing.

I personally think that dividing reports up into catagories would be a bad thing.

I have seen other sites that work that way and I feel that it sends people off into groups, eventually that will bring down the community feel that this site has, on this site you have people that go for Marlin records interacting with casual Trout folk, both learning from each other and sharing opinion and knowledge, you cant beat that :)

Cheers.

Robbie

Edited by Robbielites

I personally think that dividing reports up into catagories would be a bad thing.

I have seen other sites that work that way and I feel that it sends people off into groups, eventually that will bring down the community feel that this site has, on this site you have people that go for Marlin records interacting with casual Trout folk, both learning from each other and sharing opinion and knowledge, you cant beat that :)

Cheers.

Robbie

Wow, I don't think you could have put it better Robbie

I was thinking the same thing as Amaturedave but not anymore.

IFS

Hey guys, I was actually looking for a place to post something like a suggestion the other day, swordie you read my mind.

I was going to suggest a how to guide section. I am a member of a car forum site that has guides and they are very helpfull. I know the fishing chat section covers all this information but it can sometimes be hard to pin down exactly what you are looking for.

For example, A squid catching guide (there seems to be questions on this every week myself included). The guide would be made by combining the various locations that people use and the different techniques used at each place and why. How to tie them and that sort of thing.

This would take a long time to set up but i think it would end up meaning less new posts about the same topic, and once they are setup they could be pinned. This is not to say once they are completed that nothing can be added at a later stage, just more that the topic is found in one place rather than having to search threw 100's of posts that may have "squid" somewhere in the bulk of the article talking about something completely different.

Whooooaaaa sorry this kinda turned into an essay!!! If you get down this far and still understand what im talking about well done.... Thats my 2cents anyway!

Tight lines

:1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Keep them coming people as we will look at every idea and then put it back to the members to make this Site better for everyone involved.

Thanks for the feedback so far :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Cheers.

Robbie

Very well said.....

I also like the """"how to"" section idea

Hey Guys

Not very useful but i think that like stated previously what makes this forum special for me is the sense of community it has, and that is what should most be encouraged and protected when looking at any changes

Arif

Hey Guys

Not very useful but i think that like stated previously what makes this forum special for me is the sense of community it has, and that is what should most be encouraged and protected when looking at any changes

Arif

That is always going to be the case Arif and all input is useful :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

I'd like to see an electronics forum. If raiders need some advice on the radios, GPS or anything electronic, they can go the forum.

Cheers

Deek

We did try that once and it didnt go that well :(

Maybe we will have another look at it.

Cheers Stewy

Stewy,

I would like to see a tutorial on how to effectively use the forum, the software that runs this board is very powerful and allows you to track topics and threads and get email notification for almost any thing.

I think if people knew how to track there favourite topics and threads they would get a lot more out of the forum.

For example I track the swap and sell forum, so any time some one puts up something for sale I get an email alert and have a look at it before most other people.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Stewy,

I would like to see a tutorial on how to effectively use the forum, the software that runs this board is very powerful and allows you to track topics and threads and get email notification for almost any thing.

I think if people knew how to track there favourite topics and threads they would get a lot more out of the forum.

For example I track the swap and sell forum, so any time some one puts up something for sale I get an email alert and have a look at it before most other people.

Cheers.

Robbie.

We will get that up and running soon with the help of the Webmaster :thumbup:

G'day Fishraiders

How about a section for Kiwis called Fushraider?

Just kidding :1prop:

How about a how to section on making up rigs. Complete with illustrations and pictures.

I know I spend a lot of time finding the right rig for the right species. Kinds of Leader, Knotts , Swivels, Traces, Floats, Sinkers, Lengths etc etc

Cheers

inhlanzi

Edited by inhlanzi

Cheers.

Robbie

100% Agree!

100% Agree!

We had intended to have a look at splitting up the forums,but for the above mentioned reasons Admin decided against it :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

When viewing the site via "view new posts" perhaps you could make it automatically refresh every 5 minutes.

That would save us the extra effort of moving the mouse up to the link and clicking the button. :1prop:

Dave

When viewing the site via "view new posts" perhaps you could make it automatically refresh every 5 minutes.

That would save us the extra effort of moving the mouse up to the link and clicking the button. :1prop:

Dave

Donna and I read every single post :1yikes: every day and its takes us hours not minutes :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

hi Swordfisherman,

a "return to top of page" button in the forums and when you click on threads.

i know i already sent it to you via PM just wondered what other raiders though and if anyone else might see it being useful or not.

cheers

Dan

hi Swordfisherman,

a "return to top of page" button in the forums and when you click on threads.

i know i already sent it to you via PM just wondered what other raiders though and if anyone else might see it being useful or not.

cheers

Dan

Im looking for it right now where is it??? it should be here somewhere????

Oh sorry thinking out loud, I think that idea would be tops!!!! :thumbup: