In Need Of Members Input

just my input mayb a bream forum for us bream guys there's alot of us out there

Mate i persoanlly think separating species will put members into separate groups and wouldn't add to the community feel.....

The same could be said about Kingfish, Flathead, Salmon, YFT etc...all these species have many memebrs who chase them regurlary but creating a forum for them wouldnt be a step forward....

Just my opinion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate i persoanlly think separating species will put members into separate groups and wouldn't add to the community feel.....

The same could be said about Kingfish, Flathead, Salmon, YFT etc...all these species have many memebrs who chase them regurlary but creating a forum for them wouldnt be a step forward....

Just my opinion

I agree, way too much of a split there. Besides, everyone can learn a bit at a time about other species by the mixes bunch of topics. Perhaps even tempt people to go from bream, to flatty fishing, to kingy-fishing. :beersmile:

how about making them with the theme of fish. Start with yakka and make your way up to say a marlin or something big like that

I will ask the team and see what we come up with Dom ,thanks for your input.

Cheers Stewy

how about making them with the theme of fish. Start with yakka and make your way up to say a marlin or something big like that

Do you mean that someone posts a catch ie Yakka and then the following posts are catches that all go up in size ie trev then flattie etc through to marlin. Like some sort of running thread.

Dave

Stewy

As is the case with most people I think the site is great.

From my point of view I would like the users on line to be at the top of the page or side, that way as soon as you logon you can see who's on line, I know I often get caught up in reading the posts and forget to look at bottom of the page. This might increase the numbers using live chat as well.

The picture posting limit has been a problem bu if thats been increased great.

Do you mean that someone posts a catch ie Yakka and then the following posts are catches that all go up in size ie trev then flattie etc through to marlin. Like some sort of running thread.

Dave

What he means is thet someone with say 20 post or under might be a "yakka"...someone with 1000 posts might be a "kingfish".

Stewy/Donna.....any chance we could get the "per post" attachment limit up...i often have trouble getting all the pics in a report up.....then i have to resize them to quite small and reduce the quality in oreder to get all the pics in which in turn makes the report not as good......I think Quality pics can add to a reports quality.

Edited by netic

Penguin...i know that but if i wanna add 7-8 pics i gotta wait 60 seconds each time as i cant reply before then, and then i gotta hope no other member see's the report during this time and doesnt start replying...

Its a massive headache...i normally have many more pics but don't bother adding them for this reason

Someone mentioned the chat function earlier. I had a quick thought about it.

Personally I think the Live Chat is great, but it's never used enough. Rarely do I see active members in there, let alone a member in there.

Is there a chance the mods or admins could organise small discussion times perhaps for 2 to 3 times a week where a topic is discussed where raiders can just share quick thoughts or techniques. Perhaps one week may consist of "Bream Fishing", another "Kingy Fishing", the next "Tuna Fishing", another "Recipes".

People did pose the idea of splitting up the forums and evidently came to the conclusion that it would just ruin the community. This could be a quick alternative. For example have just one pinned topic in the Site news and info which gets updated and refreshed saying the following for example.

"Live Chat"...then somewhere in the thread each post (posted by an admin), may read "Live Chat Topic: Bream Fishing. Week of August 5-11. Aug 5: 6pm-9pm;Aug 8: 8pm-10pm; Aug 10: 7pm-10pm". Each week the topic would change so that most areas are covered, whether the fish be 'in season' or not.

Gives the members a chance to share their ideas at that time. If they miss the session, there's always another option. By all means though it shouldn't stop members from not attending more than one, after all different discussions might come up.

Wonder what everyone else thinks?

- Dave

Edited by AmateurDave

Yea I was wondering about that also, perhaps both?

I just thought it would be a great way, especially for people who are finding it hard to target certain species or who are wondering where the action is happening just to give a quick tip or two at the least and say "here's what you might be doing wrong" with instant feedback.

I think definately it can be used so much more.

- Dave

The live chat can be used by all members at any time and you can open your own room as well.

Go in a check it out ,its easy to use and as Oz said we are pretty liberal in this area and almost anything goes.

Please feel free to use this function as it is for the members of this forum and the "members only" :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Penguin...i know that but if i wanna add 7-8 pics i gotta wait 60 seconds each time as i cant reply before then, and then i gotta hope no other member see's the report during this time and doesnt start replying...

Its a massive headache...i normally have many more pics but don't bother adding them for this reason

I wish u would put up any more pics u have Oz, I luv nothing more than to read a good report

that is accompanied by as many pics as possible,

penguin

Hi Mate,

Why don't you just put them on your Photobucket page and insert the img code. That way there is no limit to the amount you can post here as they are hosted externally.

What I do is write the report in Word insert the links, occasionally speel chek and copy and paste the finished piece into the report.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Hi Mate,

Why don't you just put them on your Photobucket page and insert the img code. That way there is no limit to the amount you can post here as they are hosted externally.

What I do is write the report in Word insert the links, occasionally speel chek and copy and paste the finished piece into the report.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Robbie, I only recently got my photobucket page...still figuring out what it is capable of.....i have notice now that the 60 seconds wait time between posts is gone????

Also Stewy/Donna,

How about a "wrap ups section" for reports

This could be a forum when a mod does a review of the weeks reports.....

eg:

1. Penguin went out today and caught a good bag of snapper....click for report

2. Netic went out today in search of some YFT but unfortunately wasnt ablt to track any down...click for report

etc

This way we can always look back over a years reports without going through pages and pages...

Thanks all for the great suggestions :thumbup:

Live chat is available anytime - a member can open the room.

I normally open a room and put a post up to let people know - everytime I have opened the room between 20 and 30 members jump in for a chat. It just takes someone to open it up - press "live chat" button.

We originally bought the live chat feature to hold special evenings with guest speakers. Is there anyone that would like to host an evening?? Please pm me if you would like to do so or you have a suggestion for speakers. It is fully featured and we can have a speaker and queue the questions etc... The rooms can hold several hundred people.

Netic thanks for suggestion for the weekly wrap up but our forum is way too busy and active to support this. We have too many active members who post fishing reports to accommodate this. This may be ok for a smaller forum. Our members are here daily at least and would have read all the posts before the poor mod had time to put it all together.

Keep the suggestions coming :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Gdayyyyyyyyy all Fishraiders.

I have been recently getting some great ideas for how the site should run and the look and feel of the forums from a few members and we thank them for that. :thumbup:

If anyone has any ideas which they would like to pass on ??? feel free to do so and we will look at all the ideas to make the forums better for everyone involved.

Cheers Administration

Hi mate Im a new member but i have been following fishraider for a few years now.With some prompting from an old mate (STUMPY) I finally got the proverbial finger removed and registered! Its the besy fishing and info site on tne net but I am often frustrated trying to work out the dates of some fishing reports are they listed by date posted or the day the fish were caught (or in my case FED)? just a thought.Cheers Brad...