Georges River - Luderick Are On !

Gadaaaaaaaaay Raiders ,I have had the most unreal day today with a few real gentlemen of this world :thumbup: .

Ross ,Mark and Norm and myself descended onto the river today to see if the blackfish bite was as hot as yesterdays one.

We all met at 9am and sure enough the masters were into em already.Mark a fishraider and Norm Jefferies already had a few in the keep nets and Ross and I readied our long rods to tangle with the bruisers of the river.

The blackies were on again and the takes were solid with fish after fish rushing to grab our green weed offerings :yahoo: .

I had scored a pair of rock shoes from Wattos and they worked fantastically and never ever felt uneasy on the very slippery rocks.

We fished side by side sharing jokes and whooping and hollering at our good fortune.

We ended the day with a great bag of blackfish fillets each and my mum was stoked when I delivered them to her ready to cook.

I must thank the guys for a great day on the river and just as much thanks for the quality weed that they supplied.

We did throw a lot back after the photos as they are well and truly alive when the shoot off into the water.

I managed a pretty decent fish today and walked out pretty pleased with my efforts.

I still dont know how these older gentlemen climb in and out of this joint day after day :1yikes: hard yakka ,but its worth it for the quality of fish and mateship when persuing Big Blackfish.

post-256-1186653639_thumb.jpg

post-256-1186653649_thumb.jpg

post-256-1186653658_thumb.jpg

post-256-1186653667_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

Nice Catch their gentlemen!!

You don't give away anything in your photos as far as location goes.

Question if I may.

Can they be caught at night, if you had really good eyesight and could see your float or are they 100% daytime feeder?

cheers

b

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Well done boys! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Raiders,

You should have seen the Swordy's new shoes he got off Watto ...He pranced around the rocks, through the mud and slush and never once had so much of a slip..and couldn't stop telling us how good they were..I'm talking about every five minutes.

While we stumbled around in our service issue Dunlop volleys with home made cleats, feeling like true porpours and peasants.

Talk about envy, we were ready to tie him to a gum tree and steal them then leave him tied to the tree all night.

That's all ya want Swordy

Roscoe

We had another great day on the blackfish a most enjoyable morning.

Gadaaaaaaaaay Raiders ,I have had the most unreal day today with a few real gentlemen of this world :thumbup: .

Ross ,Mark and Norm and myself descended onto the river today to see if the blackfish bite was as hot as yesterdays one.

We all met at 9am and sure enough the masters were into em already.Mark a fishraider and Norm Jefferies already had a few in the keep nets and Ross and I readied our long rods to tangle with the bruisers of the river.

The blackies were on again and the takes were solid with fish after fish rushing to grab our green weed offerings :yahoo: .

I had scored a pair of rock shoes from Wattos and they worked fantastically and never ever felt uneasy on the very slippery rocks.

We fished side by side sharing jokes and whooping and hollering at our good fortune.

We ended the day with a great bag of blackfish fillets each and my mum was stoked when I delivered them to her ready to cook.

I must thank the guys for a great day on the river and just as much thanks for the quality weed that they supplied.

We did throw a lot back after the photos as they are well and truly alive when the shoot off into the water.

I managed a pretty decent fish today and walked out pretty pleased with my efforts.

I still dont know how these older gentlemen climb in and out of this joint day after day :1yikes: hard yakka ,but its worth it for the quality of fish and mateship when persuing Big Blackfish.

Cheers Swordfisherman

What a top blackfish catch and it's absolutely awesome when you think about it :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

hi guys

Suppose we had better ansere a few questions , 1/ na the Georges is not polluted although she is carrying a bit of colour at the present, there is still a lot of sediment washing around from those minor floods back in JUNE , 2/ as for what tide we get them on , well that varies from place to place , the spot we fished this week was basiclly a run out spot but we got a lot of the better fish on the first 30 mins of the kick back , i would also say that a few days on the river with ross and yesterday with swordy were a a hoot ,Ross with the the yarns about fishing and old friends and well swordys just swordy i reckon , but i have question for MRS SWORDY did he ever take those bloody boots of ? he was threatening to sleep in them they felt that good .

catch ya

mark

hi guys

Suppose we had better ansere a few questions , 1/ na the Georges is not polluted although she is carrying a bit of colour at the present, there is still a lot of sediment washing around from those minor floods back in JUNE , 2/ as for what tide we get them on , well that varies from place to place , the spot we fished this week was basiclly a run out spot but we got a lot of the better fish on the first 30 mins of the kick back , i would also say that a few days on the river with ross and yesterday with swordy were a a hoot ,Ross with the the yarns about fishing and old friends and well swordys just swordy i reckon , but i have question for MRS SWORDY did he ever take those bloody boots of ? he was threatening to sleep in them they felt that good .

catch ya

mark

:Funny-Post:

Yes they are rather stylish with the zip up the side and trendy red inserts. They are certainly a must have for the well dressed Luderick angler. Swordy told me that you gents were very jealous of his impeccable dress sense.

Mark, these gems take pride of place in the garage with all the other "treasures" that are needed for a great day's fishing.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Hmmmmm I will wear those next time I think...........

Aren't they great?? I treated myself to a pair (with the red trim) as a birthday pressie when I actually found some that fitted!! (Don't often see the smaller 'lady' sizes!) THen Keith forgot & gave me $100 at a local tackle shop as well!! :thumbup::yahoo:

Luderick59 has a great tip for when the little spikes wear down - he wore his down to the rubber!! He has just screwed in about 10 or more screws on an angle, to replace the spikes. WHen one side of the screw wears down, just tweak it with a screwdriver to the next edge - you should get 4 tweaks per screw!!

THose old fashioned cleats, I reckon, are horrible to walk in!! These are much better. I do, however, wear a pair of neoprene booties under mine, as they rubbed on my ankles something chronic!! Got nasty sores when I wore them 3 days running for a total of 12hrs!!! Guess I deserved it!

Cheers

Roberta

WOW now that's what i call a catch...... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

One question isn't Georges River polluted??

I don't think it is recommended to eat fish caught upstream from Rabaul Rd Georges Hall (near lake Chipping Norton). The problem is pecticide residues in the food chain.

Hi,

I've just started fishing for Blackfish. I am interested in the place you fished in the Georges River. I would be grateful if you could tell me where in the Georges River you caught all of those Blackfish so that I can try my luck?

Thanks

Glenn

Cheers Swordfisherman

Hi,

I've just started fishing for Blackfish. I am interested in the place you fished in the Georges River. I would be grateful if you could tell me where in the Georges River you caught all of those Blackfish so that I can try my luck?

Thanks

Glenn

hi chopper

if you want to send me a pm i will give you the gen on the place and what its like .

mark

Qoute Bastik Question if I may.

Can they be caught at night, if you had really good eyesight and could see your float or are they 100% daytime feeder? Qoute

Gday Bastik

I have only been fishing for them for a short while But so far have enjoyed fishing for them . Like yourself I asked the same question only to be told by the oldies that you wouldnt get them . So what did I do :wacko:

stayed out one winters night trying to catch them as I was dead keen to see if they go on the bite I thought why not if the tide is low and then its high at night which then covered there favouorite ground I was sure that they would venture in . I tried local near the captain cook bridge with not one down .came towards 12am and I decided to pull the pin . driving out of the carpark I thought nah stuff it there has to be one out there willing for some fresh weed. I then ran down to the bank got some sand mixed up a little more burly then head of to have a go by the water police & fisheries .Just before 01.00am I was getting tired and cold and then saw my glow stick go under and started going sideways yee ha Im on then I got this sleepy fella . I think it was allot more placid than the ones caught during the day .I wouldnt mind having another go at night for them .

So Yes you can get them at night let me know when you are going

luderick_178-1.jpg

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...