I'm Minn Kotaed!

alexit

So I have been thinking bout the lekkies for a while and sort of convinced myself that I MUST have one to complete the boat. I'm sure you know how it goes. Well cash was short so I leaving it till next year sometime.....then today I went had a look/see at the pawn auctions at Alexandria. Yep, they had a nice wee minn kota transom which I picked on the cheap. Also could help myself and got a abu 6500C4 on a abu stick for....$70! It is in great nic and the rod still has the plastic on the handles. After that I had to leave before I spent any more :1prop: Some of the stuff they had was going for silly prices. A guy got two 12ft wilson rods each with big beach alveries and line........$60! DVD players...$30 Video players....2 for $25! If I had more than just the rent money in pocket I would have been in real trouble.

Anyway, I plan to switch the handle round on the lekky and mount it just aft of the bow on the starboard side. I have seen other boats set up this way and have been told it is not that hard to get used to. Anyway I think it is worth a try as it seems you have much more control moving the boat from up front.

The lekkie is a 30pd endura and as I will be in the salt 95% of the time I am hoping I can get by with finding an anode for the prop nut and being very responsible with the carfull washdown and spray everthing with lanox.

Anyone else use these in the salt?

alex the very happy boater :1clap:

G'day,

I just bought a Minn Kota endura 30lb transom and 100 ah battery for around 200 bucks. I turned the head around and made it a bow mount, it is a 10 minute job. Works very well so far. I am in the process of remoting the switches and building a remote to turn the motor. Still working on it but the switch remoting is working well.

Matt

G'day,

I am in the process of remoting the switches and building a remote to turn the motor. Still working on it but the switch remoting is working well.

Matt

22643[/snapback]

Let us know how your experimenting goes! May be a cheap way to get a bow mount for myself! :risata:

Interesting Matt, you will have to let us all know how it goes.

I think for the time being I will content with one hand one the lekkie and the other working the rod.

.......That sounds real bad but I am sure you know what I mean. :1tongue:

alex

Alex,

I have exactly the same leccy, had it for about 1 yr already and use it in salt most of the time and fresh when ever I go for a bass fish. As Iceman said, as well, I just hose it down and give it a good wipe, spray the WD40 on the mount screws and exposed nuts (I'm waiting for it) every now and then and it goes great.

Max,

would be interested in how your remote goes and if at all you could pass on your setup for that,

cheers

Narra