Bigmomma

Robbielites

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dwarf:

I recveived an email from a mate this morning that read.

Check this out... BIGMOMMA!

FARK!

A work colleague caught this 2 weeks ago in Botany Bay.

110cm. 9kg’s. Rubber lure. 5 minutes. No fight…..

So I thought every one would like to have a look at BIGMOMMA.

I have blacked his face out as I don't have his permission to put the pic up, but I have sent him a link to the site encouraging him to join up and tell us the story.

Bigmomma.jpg

Cheers.

Robbie.

flathead of a lifetime, hey is this guy a character out of the LORD OF THE RINGS?

Righto, so it goes a little something like this…

We start the day out at hot water (botany bay) casting a few metals to see if any tailor about, 20mins later, still nothing.. Move on to trevalley Alley, Scotty Anchors up, sets the burlie trail and the 5 other anglers start pulling nice sized trevally Hand over Fist.. I’m getting nothing apart from a whole lot of shit from the guys who were…I told em I here fr the big fella’s …

caught a couple but certainly wasn’t bringing much to the table in comparison.. up the front of the boat I stayed…

Next go dragging some lures in search of some Aus Salmon, no luck, but managed a Stripy Bonito we kept as bait for later..

Wind picked up near the 3rd runway so we moved over to Brighton just of the beach.. Scotty hooked me and my mate up with some Bonito strips, and gave the others soft plastics…after a while a couple of the International Irish guests were really starting to doubt the old soft plastic, so I offered up my strip to one of them, and took a soft plastic out to sea.. seconds later my mate and another fella both get hooked up.. the other fella pulls his in first.. a 30cm baby… yeh whatever ( I can say now)…..my mate lands a 60cm monster… we all watch with envy as he brings the big girl in.. Bloody nice fish, but I give him shit about not using soft plastics, and warned that I was about show him how it was done by landing its grandmother.. Yeh all talk Toby they say… I head back to my end of the Boat to be by myself…. Then BANG!!!!! I’m on…, “He guys I’m on!” I say.. No one gives a shit…. There all talking about Pete’s big 65 Cm female…. SO I bring this Flatheadius Monsterous to the surface alone and the guy next to me goes,, Shiiiiiitttttttt.. better get the net!” She’s taking line out… and I’m letting her.. Oh it was glorious… By this stage the boat caught on to the fact that I may have caught something a little bigger than my previous attempts, and they pull over to side in time to see us struggling to get the head in the net…. Is this my fishing career over I thought? Have I peaked too early?

We get her on the boat, have some quick happy snaps, measure her up (Ruler only went to 60cm, and she wasnt happy with us checking out here stats- so all specs are "under"estimates!! ;-)), and back to the see she went.. “Breed on sweet girl” I said..

Scotty gives me the plastic, which I tied back on at his surprise, and hooked up another 64cm 10mins later.. that was me for the day..Unreal!!

Thanks for all your comments.. I'll be back here soon..

post-5303-1187763182_thumb.jpg

Edited by swordfisherman

In the words of that great philosopher Borat, "Very niiiiice".

I definitely recognise those tall pines and shoreline in the background - not my job to give away the location. Well done.

Cheers,

Rabs :thumbup:

When this guy signs up his name should be the "Grim Reaper". That thing is huge man. Great catch.

gotta pay that one brother,grim reaper you bet,had me in stitches; :074:

that is the biggest flattie ive seen caught in the bay,ever!and ive

been fishin there for 35yrs since i was 5.

Absolute monster,its a croc that is;

well done,

steve

Edited by nexus

Righto, so it goes a little something like this…

We start the day out at hot water (botany bay) casting a few metals to see if any tailor about, 20mins later, still nothing.. Move on to trevalley Alley, Scotty Anchors up, sets the burlie trail and the 5 other anglers start pulling nice sized trevally Hand over Fist.. I’m getting nothing apart from a whole lot of shit from the guys who were…I told em I here fr the big fella’s …

caught a couple but certainly wasn’t bringing much to the table in comparison.. up the front of the boat I stayed…

Next go dragging some lures in search of some Aus Salmon, no luck, but managed a Stripy Bonito we kept as bait for later..

Wind picked up near the 3rd runway so we moved over to Brighton just of the beach.. Scotty hooked me and my mate up with some Bonito strips, and gave the others soft plastics…after a while a couple of the International Irish guests were really starting to doubt the old soft plastic, so I offered up my strip to one of them, and took a soft plastic out to sea.. seconds later my mate and another fella both get hooked up.. the other fella pulls his in first.. a 30cm baby… yeh whatever ( I can say now)…..my mate lands a 60cm monster… we all watch with envy as he brings the big girl in.. Bloody nice fish, but I give him shit about not using soft plastics, and warned that I was about show him how it was done by landing its grandmother.. Yeh all talk Toby they say… I head back to my end of the Boat to be by myself…. Then BANG!!!!! I’m on…, “He guys I’m on!” I say.. No one gives a shit…. There all talking about Pete’s big 65 Cm female…. SO I bring this Flatheadius Monsterous to the surface alone and the guy next to me goes,, Shiiiiiitttttttt.. better get the net!” She’s taking line out… and I’m letting her.. Oh it was glorious… By this stage the boat caught on to the fact that I may have caught something a little bigger than my previous attempts, and they pull over to side in time to see us struggling to get the head in the net…. Is this my fishing career over I thought? Have I peaked too early?

We get her on the boat, have some quick happy snaps, measure her up (Ruler only went to 60cm, and she wasnt happy with us checking out here stats- so all specs are "under"estimates!! ;-)), and back to the see she went.. “Breed on sweet girl” I said..

Scotty gives me the plastic, which I tied back on at his surprise, and hooked up another 64cm 10mins later.. that was me for the day..Unreal!!

Thanks for all your comments.. I'll be back here soon..

Good on you man for putting it back to live. Wish there were more people like you. :thumbup:

I always put my big ones back aswell.

:1welcomeani: Toby

Super effort especially after put the nads on the line

and then to back it up with a 64cm :thumbup::thumbup:

I reckon you should get that Squidgy mounted in a frame

with a pic of the Big Girl

What can you say ......... sweeeeeeeeeeet :1worthy:

Chris