Central Coast Hot Spots.

bobfish

Hey Raiders,

Im heading up to the central coast to avoid the inevitable apec meeting, and plan to do some spinning for bream and flatties. One thing.... I don't have a clue where to start! Im based in Terrigal and will be fishing from the shore. Does anybody have a few hot spots they don't mind giving up? If need be pm me.

Thanks for the help folks,

Bobfish

if you like beach fishing, try north entrance. the channell has opened up a bit and the local papers are saying jewfish are being caught as well as salmon.

I have also heard that avoca and terrigal are pretty good rock fishing spots although dangerous at times. I have only tried them both once with not much success.

plenty of land based spots around the lakes, or brisbane waters also.

hope the weather stays good for you!

cheers paul

Hey bobfish,

Looks like there is going to be a fair bit of swell on the weekend so i would probably steer clear of the rocks at south avoca and north but you might find it is protected enough on the north side of terrigal... but thats a big might! If you have access to a car maybe try forresters beach because the outer reefs usually knock the top of the swell enough to wet a line of the beach in the southern corner!!!!

Hi Bobfish,

We were up the Coast on the weekend & fished the beach just down the road from the bait shop at Budgewoi. There was a nice hole & gutter & a big school of salmon just past the sand bar. For a total beginner I think i did ok to land 2 nive 60cm sambo on pillies. Could be worth a look if the seas & tides are favourable.

Paul

Hi Bobfish,

If the swell is up try Brisbane Water down to Half Tide Rocks.

There are heaps of spots around the channels, edges and sandflats. If you go to Saratoga and work your way around to Davistown you will find plently of locations to try that provide flats, deeper channels etc.

Alternatively around Booker Bay through Ettalong and to Half Tide Rocks has similar easy access.

Have a look at a decent map/directory to find the locations, ramps, wharves, etc.

There are so many places its not funny, just hope you get some fish.

Good luck

Copafisher

Finally some swell no good for fishing the rocks or anywhere though. Avoca and Terrigal lagoons would be an option for some spinning action. Then as copafisher said plenty of options throughout brisbane waters, or you can even drive over to patonga which is a pretty reliable place for flatties. So many options cheers Tyrone

Wow, thanks for the response guys!

With the forecast conditions im thinking estury spinning is the way to go, so sarratoga to davidstown looks the goods. Thanks copafisher!

If anybody wants some company fishing this coming weekend, gimme a pm. Im always up for sharing knowledge :biggrin2:

Thanks again guys,

Bobfish

Edited by bobfish